Serie A newcomers (1 Viewer)

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
A new season, some new faces.
Who will fare best amongst the newcomers?
Who will surprise us? who'll be the next Chievo? the next Venezia?

Will Luis Oliveira score as freely as he did in the serie B (obviously no but I'm writing a lot of questions here so I came up with this one OK?)

Your predictions here:

Buy on AliExpress.com

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I have heard good things about Modena but to be honest I have no idea, but i do hope they bring plenty to the dance

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Modena have been promoted the past two seasons. Just like Chievo before this. Who knows... It would certainly be nice to see another young club taking on the big guns.

After the Fiorentina schandal it's also kind of a nice sing that there are other clubs with potential! :)

OP
Sivori

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
  • Thread Starter #4
    Personally I think Empoli will be relegated, they've sold some of their best instead of keeping them and buying better to cover their weakneses.
    now they've only bought a few youngsters with little serie A experience.

Como could very well manage to stay up if they can gel their squad (football italia wrote that they'd bought 15 new players).

As for the others, I'm not sure.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    I have to add something though - Modena (unlike Chievo) mainly got their promotion through tight defending and not brilliant attacking... We'll see I guess. Italian football is as unpredictable as the weather.

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
    I've heard some good things about Modena too, but I don't know if people are just saying them because of the sucess of Chievo last year.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    como will come up with a few surprises,no doubt.they have a promising youngster in that...er....i dunno that guy's name.

OP
    Sivori

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
  • Thread Starter #11
    Probably yeah, they're selling their stars, chances are they're not going to be as lucky in the mercato this year..
    And of course, the element of surprise is long gone (as evident by their spring-form)

OP
    Sivori

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
  • Thread Starter #13
    Ironically, that could end up punishing them, seeing as they don't exactly have a large squad, and the inter-toto has been known to wear out teams ahead of the new season.

delpi25

Jul 16, 2002
    i think Reggina have a good chance of finishing in the top 10. They have recent serie a experience, and have just signed a young Japanese fellow (Nakamura) who has been compared to baggio, so he must be good. They also have a strong back line and have good sponsership so if they defeat relegation this season and keep bringing in good talent, i can see Reggina in serie a for quites some time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)