[SERIE A] Napoli - Juventus (18th October, 2008) (33 Viewers)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004

Nope. He predicted accurately, didn't he? It doesn't mean he is delighted because of it. I know him always taking the dim view of the every single situation is sometimes harsh but hadn't he been right several times? We are far from a team which is eligible to play in the CL and Ranieri IS an idiot. These are simple facts and facts are bitter many times.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Juventino[RUS];1775445 said:
JUST READ THIS MOST EVER IDIOT INTERVIEW:
Ranieri: This is not a crisis Saturday 18 October, 2008

Claudio Ranieri assures Juventus “are not in crisis” and he feels “secure” despite two consecutive defeats.

“I feel secure and we are going through a tough time, but this is not a crisis,” said the Coach in the wake of a 2-1 loss at Napoli.

“I don't know what the club will say. I do know we are a compact unit and will discuss the situation calmly.

“It is a heavy defeat, naturally, but we must continue to work and believe in what we are doing. The lads played well and made a few silly mistakes, but it was a battle in midfield and a fairly tactical game with few real shots on goal.

“We had taken the lead and should have controlled the tempo, but we did not manage it.”

Amauri had given Juve the advantage at the San Paolo, but terrible defensive errors allowed Marek Hamsik and Ezequiel Lavezzi to turn it around.

“There was a misunderstanding and two players remained static. Hamsik had already slotted in that way twice before and I had warned my players to be wary, but we didn't react properly.

“We were meant to be in position and it should have been dealt with easily. Unfortunately, at this moment nothing seems to be going our way.”

Ranieri was already under fire for his supposed split with the 'old guard' and will no doubt draw more criticism after substituting Alessandro Del Piero for defender Paolo De Ceglie.

“I was already thinking ahead to Real Madrid, so I thought I'd replace the captain and introduce Marco Marchionni for Hasan Salihamidzic to keep the crosses coming in. However, Christian Poulsen got injured and I had to change my plans,” explained the TinkerMan.

“I don't think it weighed on the team, though, as if anything it should have made the wings more solid, as Napoli were pushing mainly wide.

“When you know there are players in midfield under pressure, you need to help them. You cannot think of what the positive or negative message is from a substitution.

“De Ceglie is a full-back, but an attacking one, and moving Pavel Nedved to the centre improved that line-up to protect the defence. I wanted to tell the team that we should hang on tight and take home the point.”

It is that negative approach - and the average of a goal per game - that has infuriated the Juventus fans this term.

“We are lacking consistency at the moment and cannot seem to pass the ball around the way we did last season. These two defeats have added to it, but the performances beforehand also showed this problem.”

The Bianconeri had an injury crisis going into this game and it just got worse, as Poulsen limped off with the eighth muscular problem of the season.

“It is not bad luck and we are analysing why last season everything went well, whereas this term one after another are suffering from these strains, whether muscular or tendon.”

He's got plans :kiss:

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
These post-match comments by Ranieri are just him trying to fool the board into believing we're not in crisis. Too bad fools are easily fooled.

Mar 3, 2008
The best thing about this match is Ekdal's performance, although he didn't play much but his performance was not the performance of a 19 years old. Confident, calm and does the simple passes easily, I see a great player in him, hopefully he will get the chances Marchisio is getting.

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
I have never seen Juve drop that low in the table! 11 place! That would give any juventini a heart attack! and surely will get lower by tomorrow!

What crisis are you talking about Mr. Ranieri! Go pack and leave. We hired the cheapest. What else would you expect?!!

If we continue like this, I expect some to even leave by winter or summer!! Who would want to play for a mid-table team nowadays!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)