SERIE A: Modena - Juventus (3 Viewers)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
I don't know if this is going to affect Lippi's selections for tomorrow's match, but the Galatasaray Champions League match has been switched with the Siena Coppa Italia match, so here is the schedule for the upcoming matches:

Saturday November 22, 2003. Modena - Juve (Serie A)

Tuesday November 25, 2003. Siena - Juve (Coppa Italia)

Saturday November 29, 2003. Juve - Inter (Serie A)

Tuesday December 02, 2003. Galatasaray - Juve (Champions League)

Sunday December 07, 2003. Lazio - Juve (Serie A).

EDIT: It seems that Lippi is going with a 4-3-1-2 formation

----------------------- BUFFON -----------------------

-- BIRI --------- LEGRO -- MONTERO --- ZAMBRO

--- CAMO ------------ TACCHI ----------- CONTE ---

------------------------ NEDVED -----------------------

-------------- TREZE ------------------- DP -----------

I would've preferred it if Maresca played instead of Conte ..

Thuram seems to have a slight ankle injury so he's ruled out ..

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
Lippi urges Galatasaray rethink Friday 21 November, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marcello Lippi claims Juventus have no intention of travelling to Istanbul for their delayed match with Galatasaray among safety fears.

“It is not a question of fear,” assured the Bianconeri boss, “but rather one of logic. You cannot play a football match in a city people are running away from.”

The Turkish city has been rocked by a series of bomb attacks over the last few days and UEFA have postponed Tuesday’s planned encounter until December 2.

However, the Italian club insists it will only face Galatasaray for the Champions’ League on neutral ground.

“I think that UEFA are moving in that direction,” added Lippi, “and it could be no other way. There are people out there who have no qualms about walking into a Stadium with a bomb in their pocket.”

Meanwhile, Juve are preparing for Saturday’s Serie A trip to Modena, one of the surprise high-flyers of the season.

“Alberto Malesani’s team is very tough and already did well last year. The Coach is talented and he has some real quality at his disposal.”

One of the Canarini’s stars, Diomansy Kamara, has been heavily linked with a January switch to Turin.

As for Juve, Alessandro Del Piero will again start as he tries to recover full match fitness following two months on the sidelines, but this may mean leaving on form Marco Di Vaio and Fabrizio Miccoli on the bench.

“Whoever does not start against Modena will certainly be in the first team for the Coppa Italia,” assured Lippi.

Their Coppa clash with Siena has been brought forward to November 25 due to that rescheduled Champions’ League match with Galatasaray.

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #125
    Can somebody please tell me why Antonio Conte is in the starting line-up? Why is Lippi wasting Maresca's talent like this?

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    If he dosn't play Conte now, then when can Lippi Play him? You can't choose Maresca all the way. And if there were any impt matches Maresca would be choosen over Conte. At least Maresca gets to play as sub occasionally. Conte hardly ever gets to show himself.

i'm not saying that this match isn't impt, just that right now we are in a very comforatble position in our competitions.

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
    no but the question is, why do we have to play Conte at all ?

Maresca hardly gets to play in the big games, so it should have been him instead.

If Maresca gets injured, then Conte can come into the picture.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Exactly. There's little point in giving game time to players who don't feature in our long-term plans, when all that experience could go to someone who we have plans for, like Maresca. The only time we should play Conte is if we're 3-0 up at half-time.

I do concede that Conte was our best player in the CL final, but I just don't trust that he can repeat those kinds of performances on a regular basis.

I love the guy, and he was inspirational in his prime, but his time has passed now; he deserves cameo appearances at best.

Sorry to say...

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    I think that lippi must play the first team players in modena game , while he can play bench players in siena match in coppa italia and that makes first team players rest before inter game next week

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Well in that position it's either Conte or Davids since Maresca seems to play more on the right or in the middle. Anyway Lippi already said that who does not play in this match will play in the next one for sure (Siena) cos he does not want players to play more than one game per week.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    I guess if he's fit he will play in the Coppa Italia for sure like he did last year. Olivera behind DV and Miccoli sounds reasonable enough with Maresca taking Tacchinardi's place in midfield.

Aug 1, 2003
    After two weeks of International matches, Serie A will be back with the 10th gameday: Juventus will play on Saturday in Modena against the local team. It will be the first of a streak made of nine important matches, that will end on Christmas.

“It’s all up to us: we know that the bad surprises may be around the corner - Lippi said – We received many compliments in the last 15 days but we prefer, as gratifications, to gain points instead. Now we can start this series of matches knowing that we’ve already gain our ticket for Champions League’s next round and, consequently, we can think completely to Serie A”.

“What about this pause? It has been useful for Del Piero but also for all the guys who needed to work with calm – Lippi added - Another important thing is that all our Internationals gained the pass for Euro 2004, so they got back in a positive mood: now they have to use it in Serie A, remaining, at the same time, humble”.

The first match of this series is in Modena, at the Braglia stadium against the local team coached by Malesani. Lippi doesn’t agree with whom who defines Modena as a surprise. “They have only one more point in comparison with the same gameday of the last season so I would say they aren’t a surprise but that they’ve confirmed all the good things done last year. Modena have some very good players and a coach that is coming back well from some unlucky experiences. Anyway, our only goal is to gain three points”.

anyway, i think conte should play this match and maresca could play against siena ;)

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #135
    Why not let Maresca play this match, and Conte the Siena one? :undecide:

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #136
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    Well in that position it's either Conte or Davids since Maresca seems to play more on the right or in the middle. Anyway Lippi already said that who does not play in this match will play in the next one for sure (Siena) cos he does not want players to play more than one game per week.
    Lippi has been working with Maresca and trying him out on the left, and he hasn't been bad. When he came on against Brescia I think it was, he played on the left.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)