[Serie A] Milan 4-2 JUVENTUS [July 7th, 2020] (5 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I dont like Sarri but come on - a little proportion needed.. We dominated and then something that cant be explained happened - Im pretty sure its a one time thing as this hasnt happened to us during the season.
Also MDL and Dybala are likely to be available for the next games - We should be fine (especially when +7).

Even when Juve were the best in Europe we still managed to lose 3-0 to Udinese (and I think Fiorentina too).
This time we played very well and deserved to win up until that blackout so please stop exaggerating and take it like a "healthy loss" as you like to call it.
Save your meltdown to the Lyon game (if we fail there)

Buy on AliExpress.com

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
What could Sarri do, 3 goals in 5 minutes..
A scenario that almost never happens, there is almost no time to react and it’s not that we had game changers on the bench.
it's not the first time with him though. we almost threw away the home game vs napoli in a similar style: after an hour of domination, we switched off completely, just to be saved by an unexpected koulibaly own goal.

also, this is the 4th time we conceded at least 3 goals this season to presumably mediocre italian teams. the last time we had a similar record (i mean at least 4 matches with at least 3 goals at the wrong end in domestic competitions) was in '10-11, the famous delneri year. even last season, widely considered as a failure, we only had 2 matches with 3 goals conceded vs italian competition.

and we didn't concede 4 goals vs milan since '89, so it gives them an other classic galliani type of mini scudetto. great achievement too.

i don't mind losing some games here and there until the league is won at the end, but this was a very, very embarrassing fashion to shoot yourself in the legs against a not so special milan. and with all these bottled games, there's some unfortunate pattern here, this is sadly a mentally fragile team. we always had some pride and mental strength since the new winning cycle started, which seems to be lacking this term.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
I didnt watch the game, only the highlights, i had a severe case of a stomach virus. Bonucci and Alex Sandro :sergio:

There is a reason why Alex Sandro is my most disliked player in this current Juve.

We got humiliated. Well played Milan.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
tenor.gif

Juventus defense

17593594_303.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Stop whining, you pussies. Remember when we lost 4-2 to Fiorentina at Artemio Franchi under Conte? Yeah, we went on to win the Scudetto with 102 points. Not that I am defending Sarri or Juve players. Losses like this are natural from time to time.

Well done, AC Milan.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont like Sarri but come on - a little proportion needed.. We dominated and then something that cant be explained happened - Im pretty sure its a one time thing as this hasnt happened to us during the season.
Also MDL and Dybala are likely to be available for the next games - We should be fine (especially when +7).

Even when Juve were the best in Europe we still managed to lose 3-0 to Udinese (and I think Fiorentina too).
This time we played very well and deserved to win up until that blackout so please stop exaggerating and take it like a "healthy loss" as you like to call it.
Save your meltdown to the Lyon game (if we fail there)
+REP :clap:

Last edited:

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
The Bonucci - Rugani defensive partnership should never be seen again and should be banished to the depths of hell. So unfortunate that we have a scenario where De Ligt is suspended and Chiellini and Demiral are injured...

Alex Sandro - what on earth was that pass? I still can’t quite understand how he got it so wrong, and why he’s playing a sideways ball, aerially, into his own penalty area...

FB is such a weak position for us, if Cuadrado or Sandro are even a little off the pace we have nothing. Highlights how good inters Hakimi signing was

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Despite 0-0, huge diff in quality (backed up by stats as well) in coppa, with or without red.

They'll have Theo this time and we'll have Rugani (more than good enough for Milan usually but could be rusty this time), but that shouldn't be enough to get nervous about this Milan.

Higuain-DC is as good as Dybala-Berna.
A draw wouldn't be shocking but what do you think are the odds of losing to Milan?
Due to head start with Coppa Italia, they'll be fitter than previous teams we tramped in second halves, maybe a DC show.

But yeah, big gap in quality. A draw at home would be a good win for them.
well done m8

please kindly stfu in the atalanta thread, much appreciated

Jul 2, 2006
i missed this one due to internet problem. checked the score after a while, it was 2-0 for us. lazio lost, campioni di italia, business as usual, i thought. little did i know that such clownery as conceding 4 goals from a finished milan was achievable.

Jun 16, 2020
it's not the first time with him though. we almost threw away the home game vs napoli in a similar style: after an hour of domination, we switched off completely, just to be saved by an unexpected koulibaly own goal.

also, this is the 4th time we conceded at least 3 goals this season to presumably mediocre italian teams. the last time we had a similar record (i mean at least 4 matches with at least 3 goals at the wrong end in domestic competitions) was in '10-11, the famous delneri year. even last season, widely considered as a failure, we only had 2 matches with 3 goals conceded vs italian competition.

and we didn't concede 4 goals vs milan since '89, so it gives them an other classic galliani type of mini scudetto. great achievement too.

i don't mind losing some games here and there until the league is won at the end, but this was a very, very embarrassing fashion to shoot yourself in the legs against a not so special milan. and with all these bottled games, there's some unfortunate pattern here, this is sadly a mentally fragile team. we always had some pride and mental strength since the new winning cycle started, which seems to be lacking this term.
The Napoli game came after a complete meltdown of De Ligt tho, 3 horrible mistakes. We got really lucky in that game, but we can’t really compare it with yesterday.

In my opinion there’s always a luck-factor in football. Things can go your way or they don’t. Yesterday we witnessed 5 unbelievable minutes, personally I think it’s impossible for a manager to react in such a short space of time. Things went horrible the other way. We can complain about the level of our players, the coach etc, but the unusable happened and Milan in a certain way got lucky. It just was a historic night which we will remember for a long time.

Also the reason why I rather watch sports (/football) than movies for example. There is no script, you can’t pause the game and change tactics, the unthinkable can always happen. I’d be angry if we conceded 4 goals in a space of 60 minutes, but 3 in 5 minutes when all their shots end up in goals, with a meltdown from a few players, I don’t want to blame the coach in this one. We were close with a corner, don’t even remember who headed it (Bonucci?) but as said things just didn’t go our way, while we played a very strong game until those 5 minutes.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...Yesterday we witnessed 5 unbelievable minutes, personally I think it’s impossible for a manager to react in such a short space of time...
of course mental preparation should happen before the match.

as per mental preparation: as i said multiple times, i don't see why rugani didn't get his minutes way earlier. the previous matches against lecce or toro could have been perfect opportunities. he was gonna have to play anyway when you have a match every 3-4 days, you can't survive such a month with the same 2 cb's. i mean:
https://www.football-italia.net/144646/sarri-rules-out-juve-back-three
“Rugani can become important... He’ll get opportunities and it’ll be up to him to exploit them in the right way."

this quote is from september. and he got like 2-3 league games ever since? he's no gentile or montero in any ways, but he's not a terribly weak defender either.

also, bonucci switching off: he's our player with the most minutes. why can't we rest him sometimes? he's not like ronaldo who's absolutely needed in attack. rotation is essential to a team, especially when you have a busy schedule. we had a tired bonucci and an absolutely green rugani. rotate them, and none of this is bound to happen.

as for the reaction, how would you rate our substitutions? rabiot - matuidi? :lol3: what is the best case scenario that can be expected from such a sub? cuadrado had a solid game, but maurice subs him instead of danilo, who was pretty weak all along...?

i agree that sarri couldn't react in 5 minutes for that meltdown. you can't foresee anything like this. but it is a mentally fragile team, full of overloaded and rusty players at the same time, with obvious and recurring game management flaws. and all of that is on the coach. if it's a one off severe beating, i'd say screw it, who cares. even conte's very stable team took a 4-goal beating in the 100+ point season. but that team finished the league with 23 goals conceded, and now we're already at 30 ffs. this is the 3rd serious beating we took from domestic opponents, and the 4th strangely weak defensive display. i really wonder whose responsibility this is.

Jun 16, 2020

as per mental preparation: as i said multiple times, i don't see why rugani didn't get his minutes way earlier. the previous matches against lecce or toro could have been perfect opportunities. he was gonna have to play anyway when you have a match every 3-4 days, you can't survive such a month with the same 2 cb's. i mean:
“Rugani can become important... He’ll get opportunities and it’ll be up to him to exploit them in the right way."

this quote is from september. and he got like 2-3 league games ever since? he's no gentile or montero in any ways, but he's not a terribly weak defender either.

also, bonucci switching off: he's our player with the most minutes. why can't we rest him sometimes? he's not like ronaldo who's absolutely needed in attack. rotation is essential to a team, especially when you have a busy schedule. we had a tired bonucci and an absolutely green rugani. rotate them, and none of this is bound to happen.

as for the reaction, how would you rate our substitutions? rabiot - matuidi? :lol3: what is the best case scenario that can be expected from such a sub? cuadrado had a solid game, but maurice subs him instead of danilo, who was pretty weak all along...?

i agree that sarri couldn't react in 5 minutes for that meltdown. you can't foresee anything like this. but it is a mentally fragile team, full of overloaded and rusty players at the same time, with obvious and recurring game management flaws. and all of that is on the coach. if it's a one off severe beating, i'd say screw it, who cares. even conte's very stable team took a 4-goal beating in the 100+ point season. but that team finished the league with 23 goals conceded, and now we're already at 30 ffs. this is the 3rd serious beating we took from domestic opponents, and the 4th strangely weak defensive display. i really wonder whose responsibility this is.
Yeah substitutes were awful, but if your teams is losing it you’ll feel the need to change something. The painful truth is that we only have a semi-injured Sandro, a mediocre Matuidi and a out of form Ramsey to change the game. What do you think he could do?

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004

Your talking about rotation and how important it is and then you mention Cuadrado shouldn’t have been subbed...

Cuadrado was absolutely spent after 60 mins, he didn’t have the energy to track back and he was dead on his feet, he absolutely had to be taken off. Sadly the idiot we replaced him with absolutely gifted Milan a goal but we can’t take Sarri to court about that - Sandro just had a complete brainmelt and thought he was playing for Milan for a split second.

Don’t know about the rotating of Rugani, the player is clearly not good enough and is our 5th choice defender. We’ve hardly run away with the league this year so I don’t feel like he should have had any more minutes than he has had. When he does step on the pitch he’s often a liability and causes us no end of defensive issues

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Yeah substitutes were awful, but if your teams is losing it you’ll feel the need to change something. The painful truth is that we only have a semi-injured Sandro, a mediocre Matuidi and a out of form Ramsey to change the game. What do you think he could do?
as is said, keep rabiot on (he's been massive lately), sub danilo instead of cuadrado. but above all, better rotation keeps a healthier squad: less heavy legs like bonbon yesterday, and less rugani-like rusty players too.

honestly, i can't get why we didn't play rugani at all. de ligt was one yellow away from suspension, it was bound to happen once, and such a busy schedule requires all players. why the depth if you don't use it.

as many here, i was also happy with the team for 60 minutes. tactical preparation was obviously up to the task. not sure about mental or physical one. unfortunately that's the coach's competence too.

- - - Updated - - -

Your talking about rotation and how important it is and then you mention Cuadrado shouldn’t have been subbed...

Cuadrado was absolutely spent after 60 mins, he didn’t have the energy to track back and he was dead on his feet, he absolutely had to be taken off. Sadly the idiot we replaced him with absolutely gifted Milan a goal but we can’t take Sarri to court about that - Sandro just had a complete brainmelt and thought he was playing for Milan for a split second.

Don’t know about the rotating of Rugani, the player is clearly not good enough and is our 5th choice defender. We’ve hardly run away with the league this year so I don’t feel like he should have had any more minutes than he has had. When he does step on the pitch he’s often a liability and causes us no end of defensive issues
i didn't notice cuadrado being so tired. i stand corrected if that was the case.

sandro's first mistake in months, he's the least of our worries. not on sarri obviously.

if you think that rugani is not enough, ask for a replacement from the club. if you don't get a replacement, try to work with what you have.

look, playing rugani for 20-30 minutes alongside either starting cb's vs genoa, toro or lecce, when those games were won, wouldn't have done any harm. maybe we could have avoided these mistakes by resting bonbon and playing rugani a bit. maybe not. fact is this is the 4th match we switched off defensively. if you treat them as isolated random cases, fine.

Last edited:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
sub danilo instead of cuadrado
I agree with the rest of your post. As for this part, Cuadrado got a knock and after that for 10-15 straight minutes, Milan had a free pass on his side. They were overrunning him like he was a school kid. I think it was a forced substitution.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I agree with the rest of your post. As for this part, Cuadrado got a knock and after that for 10-15 straight minutes, Milan had a free pass on his side. They were overrunning him like he was a school kid. I think it was a forced substitution.
okay then, it's already 3-4 of you telling me the same so i stand corrected on cuadrado. i didn't notice the knock at all and thought he was doing fine.

danilo had a day off from the start though.

just an other question: was chiellini ready to play? he was on the bench, so in theory, he was available. not sure about his physical condition.

Jun 16, 2020
as is said, keep rabiot on (he's been massive lately), sub danilo instead of cuadrado. but above all, better rotation keeps a healthier squad: less heavy legs like bonbon yesterday, and less rugani-like rusty players too.

honestly, i can't get why we didn't play rugani at all. de ligt was one yellow away from suspension, it was bound to happen once, and such a busy schedule requires all players. why the depth if you don't use it.

as many here, i was also happy with the team for 60 minutes. tactical preparation was obviously up to the task. not sure about mental or physical one. unfortunately that's the coach's competence too.

- - - Updated - - -

i didn't notice cuadrado being so tired. i stand corrected if that was the case.

sandro's first mistake in months, he's the least of our worries. not on sarri obviously.

if you think that rugani is not enough, ask for a replacement from the club. if you don't get a replacement, try to work with what you have.

look, playing rugani for 20-30 minutes alongside either starting cb's vs genoa, toro or lecce, when those games were won, wouldn't have done any harm. maybe we could have avoided these mistakes by resting bonbon and playing rugani a bit. maybe not. fact is this is the 4th match we switched off defensively. if you treat them as isolated random cases, fine.
As other say, Cuadrado was kinda gassed out. You can search for my reply at half time, I already noticed that he was lying on the ground a lot, perhaps it was a indication that he was tired or struggling with fitness.

I agree on the Rugani part, but we were in a nice flow, also defensively. Maybe Sarri was hoping for Chiellini to be fit enough, as he is missing just a few days by now. In the end we got really unlucky with both Bonucci and De Ligt. We all know that Rugani and Sarri were together at Empoli, but he seems to refuse to use Ruga, it’s because he’s no Juve-material.

I don’t was to make a study of this, as we’re taking about 5 minutes. We were on the right track, and honestly I agreed for not rotating to much as it the team was doing really well. Costa was good as an impact sub, Matuidi should not be used, and Ramsey is out of form. There’s not much left. Regarding our fitness I didn’t see any problems last weeks.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...and honestly I agreed for not rotating to much as it the team was doing really well. ...
yeah, but then you look at our schedule.

also, so much for beating the hell out of lowly teams like siena, salernitana, chievo or whatever random provincial teams we beat comfortably lately. doing well against those minnows is welcome, our form is visibly better, especially the passing is a lot smoother than in february, but it is still a fragile team.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
yeah, but then you look at our schedule.

also, so much for beating the hell out of lowly teams like siena, salernitana, chievo or whatever random provincial teams we beat comfortably lately. doing well against those minnows is welcome, our form is visibly better, especially the passing is a lot smoother than in february, but it is still a fragile team.
Will we Sack Sarri if he we get knocked out in the champions League to Lyon

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Will we Sack Sarri if he we get knocked out in the champions League to Lyon
not sure about it. the pre-season is very short due to covid, so my guess is that most teams will try to avoid any unnecessary changes in both the squad and the coaching staff. unless we lose the league (which would be quite a feat even for this fragile sarriventus), i do think we will keep maurice for next season.

cl is kinda lottery every year, especially this season, so i wouldn't be surprised if sarri got a free pass from the management, whatever the outcome of our cl campaign would be. not saying i agree, that's just my impression.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)