[Serie A] Milan 1-3 Juventus [January 6th, 2021] (5 Viewers)

vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
We can field Chiellini in 3-5-2 or as a left back in a 4 man defense

I can see him breaking Salemaekekrkas skinny legs by half time
The Milan player you mentioned will not play tomorrow.

Only because of the shitshow presented vs relegation battlers aka Fiorentina.

The team turns up for every second game this season. They've already proven they can play well and beat strong sides so where does that kind of inconsistency come from?
Fitness, new coach and reJUVEnation of the squad. There was no preseason and the players play every three days (nationals). You can't keep the intensity that high in those circumstances.

It's the same for all top teams in Europe who didn't experience as many changes as we did - Bayern, Real, Barcelona, Liverpool, City, PSG.

Milan and Inter who lead Serie A have embarrassed themselves in Europe, especially Inter.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Pirlo, as well as some of the players have mentioned after matches this seasons things like we had a bad attitude, or lacked intensity, focus, or some other mental issue. If I recall correctly it was common under Sarri as well (also the squad was "untrainable"), and even Max complained about it at times. It seems to be a recurring issue and I wonder if it's a lack of hunger among the older players which rubs off on the younger players.
Well if you notice, most of the 'older' players have either left the club or are used sparsely with the exception of the usual suspects.
We have a fairly younger and more energetic squad compared to last season so I would imagine there would be some level of hunger and motivation among the younger lot.
What we lack atm is a hard taskmaster who will bring discipline and intensity to the team. I bet Allegri would've rather loved to work with this squad than the squad he had at his disposal in his final season.
There is literally nothing to suggest that Pirlo can do that sort of work with the team. It's like the team turns up when they feel like, atleast that's the impression you get seeing our matches week in week out.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Well if you notice, most of the 'older' players have either left the club or are used sparsely with the exception of the usual suspects.
We have a fairly younger and more energetic squad compared to last season so I would imagine there would be some level of hunger and motivation among the younger lot.
What we lack atm is a hard taskmaster who will bring discipline and intensity to the team. I bet Allegri would've rather loved to work with this squad than the squad he had at his disposal in his final season.
There is literally nothing to suggest that Pirlo can do that sort of work with the team. It's like the team turns up when they feel like, atleast that's the impression you get seeing our matches week in week out.
Well Buffon, Chiellini and Bonucci are still the leaders of this team. They're all very professional and great examples for younger players, but it must be hard to have the same fire you used to have competing for league title you've won 9 times in a row. Although there's Ronaldo as well who probably provides a good kick up the ass everyday in training.

As for the rest of your post, we'll see. Would I like to have Zidane or Klopp here? Yes, probably. Would I like to have them there with this current squad? Probably not, sounds like an expensive disaster.

Mostly, I think we're short on quality. But I also think our senior players aren't much help to us these days.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Well Buffon, Chiellini and Bonucci are still the leaders of this team. They're all very professional and great examples for younger players, but it must be hard to have the same fire you used to have competing for league title you've won 9 times in a row. Although there's Ronaldo as well who probably provides a good kick up the ass everyday in training.

As for the rest of your post, we'll see. Would I like to have Zidane or Klopp here? Yes, probably. Would I like to have them there with this current squad? Probably not, sounds like an expensive disaster.

Mostly, I think we're short on quality. But I also think our senior players aren't much help to us these days.
Definitely a better coach would have helped I think Pirlo communication and man management skills are not helping either

- - - Updated - - -

Health authority 'could block Juventus travel'

Football Italia

Turin local health authority confirm they are ready to step in and block Juventus travel for the Milan game ‘if more COVID cases were to appear.’
The match is due to kick off at San Siro on Wednesday at 19.45 GMT.
Alex Sandro tested positive for COVID-19 on Monday, followed by teammate Juan Cuadrado today.

Because of the situation, Juve have decided to remain in their ‘bubble’ at the J Hotel tonight, only travelling tomorrow morning after the results of the latest swabs.
“Juventus have informed us that two of their players tested positive,” said Doctor Roberto Testi, director of the Department of Prevention at the Turin ASL (local health authority) to the Corriere di Torino.
“At this moment, we do not have the evidence required to say there is a hotspot within the squad, because we know how the two players were infected and why the others are negative.
“If there should be more positive tests today and the evidence of an uncontrolled breakout within the squad, that would become a problem of safety for the other players.
“Clearly, at that point, the ASL would be forced to intervene, isolating everyone and blocking Juve’s departure towards Milan.”
This news comes just a couple of weeks after Napoli won their appeal, confirming the ASL has the authority to block travel if there is an outbreak in the squad.
If there are more COVID cases tomorrow, then Milan-Juventus may well be postponed.
There is tension between the existing Serie A protocol and the decisions made by the local health authoritie

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012

The senior players are there to bring camaraderie and togetherness within the team. Buffon and Chiellini have been largely non-existent this season either ways. Bonucci is one of the few 'senior players' in our team who's performing terribly. Cuadrado is statistically having one of his best seasons in his career and Ronaldo is Ronaldo.
It's the job of the coach to bring renewed sense of hunger and motivation into the team if the team is struggling with motivation issues. We are not short on quality to beat pub teams in the league and we have like 4/5 new starters at the club who are all mostly young.
Allegri in his last season had a squad with an average age of 31. The motivation excuse among senior players would have made sense then, not now imo.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Definitely a better coach would have helped I think Pirlo communication and man management skills are not helping either
Well yeah, of course a better coach would be better. Communication and man management skills... well i have no idea what Pirlo's is like, not sure how you do.

The senior players are there to bring camaraderie and togetherness within the team. Buffon and Chiellini have been largely non-existent this season either ways. Bonucci is one of the few 'senior players' in our team who's performing terribly. Cuadrado is statistically having one of his best seasons in his career and Ronaldo is Ronaldo.
It's the job of the coach to bring renewed sense of hunger and motivation into the team if the team is struggling with motivation issues. We are not short on quality to beat pub teams in the league and we have like 4/5 new starters at the club who are all mostly young.
Allegri in his last season had a squad with an average age of 31. The motivation excuse among senior players would have made sense then, not now imo.
Like I said, i think we have had a motivation issue at least since Max's time. It's not an excuse for anything since we still won back then despite it. But it was clear for everyone to see that the team lacked grinta, spirit, whatever.

It's not only about age. Bentancur, AS, Dybala, Szczesny, etc. have all won several Scudetti. I'm sure their hunger for it is not the same. And some of them aren't good enough for us to be able to stroll through games half-assed. Cuads could send 100 great assists, doesn't mean he's giving more effort than in the past.

Not sure what there is to excuse. This isn't about Pirlo. Obviously he's doing a bad job as reflected by the results, unmotivated players or not. And if we had Max we might be doing better. It's just my belief that the motivation issue is deeper than the coach and Klopp, Conte or whoever wouldn't fix that. Mourinho, maybe... for a season perhaps.

But what do i know, I'm not that there at the training ground or locker room. Just my belief

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Well yeah, of course a better coach would be better. Communication and man management skills... well i have no idea what Pirlo's is like, not sure how you do.

Like I said, i think we have had a motivation issue at least since Max's time. It's not an excuse for anything since we still won back then despite it. But it was clear for everyone to see that the team lacked grinta, spirit, whatever.

It's not only about age. Bentancur, AS, Dybala, Szczesny, etc. have all won several Scudetti. I'm sure their hunger for it is not the same. And some of them aren't good enough for us to be able to stroll through games half-assed. Cuads could send 100 great assists, doesn't mean he's giving more effort than in the past.

Not sure what there is to excuse. This isn't about Pirlo. Obviously he's doing a bad job as reflected by the results, unmotivated players or not. And if we had Max we might be doing better. It's just my belief that the motivation issue is deeper than the coach and Klopp, Conte or whoever wouldn't fix that. Mourinho, maybe... for a season perhaps.

But what do i know, I'm not that there at the training ground or locker room. Just my belief
Think the same.

Imo the problem could go even to agnelli and his rumours of wantig to abandon ship. Maybe he is not as enthusiastic and dedicated about juve like he was in his firat 5 years or so, and the lack of leadership is leaming thru every corner

juve123

Aug 10, 2017

Obviously it is based on rumours in corriere dello sport newspaper

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Demiral - MDL - LB19 - Danilo

Chiesa - McKennie - Bentancur - Ramsey

Dybala - Ronaldo
IF the possession shape is a 433 and Demiral and Danilo play as actual fullbacks, it actually looks better than the original team by Pirlo. If he pulls the 3-2-5 thing again, it's useless.

- - - Updated - - -

This was a big issue under Allegri, but I'm not sure this team is bureucratic and pragmatic like before. It actually looks the opposite, reckless and all over the place.

But if I'm being honest, I've actually watched only around 20% of the matches this year..

Last edited:

juventus4life

Apr 21, 2012
With Juan and Alex positive, can we get an order not to play from the local health organization? I just wanna see if we can pull a Napoli. It's not that we're afraid of Milan. It's to mess this league up.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
IF the possession shape is a 433 and Demiral and Danilo play as actual fullbacks, it actually looks better than the original team by Pirlo. If he pulls the 3-2-5 thing again, it's useless.

- - - Updated - - -

This was a big issue under Allegri, but I'm not sure this team is bureucratic and pragmatic like before. It actually looks the opposite, reckless and all over the place.

But if I'm being honest, I've actually watched only around 20% of the matches this year..
I'd say it's shit either way - too narrow. Demiral is a CB, he will drift towards the center naturally. Same for Danilo, as RB he usually plays wider than LB. Ramsey won't provide the necessary width. The only one will be Chiesa - that's not enough.

This will look like the game vs Roma, where the team was too narrow. Ugly game ahead of us.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I'd say it's shit either way - too narrow. Demiral is a CB, he will drift towards the center naturally. Same for Danilo, as RB he usually plays wider than LB. Ramsey won't provide the necessary width. The only one will be Chiesa - that's not enough.

This will look like the game vs Roma, where the team was too narrow. Ugly game ahead of us.
Indeed, but honestly, I'm firstly concerned about defense. Playing safe would be adequate I believe. Let Milan take the iniciative and play on their error. Let them get carried away by their own delusion/excitement of current state of affairs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)