[Serie A] Milan 0-2 JUVENTUS [November 11th, 2018] 20:30 (9 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Great result but I am totally not impressed, we gave them a lot of respect. We gave them hope that they will score and get back into the game. We made them look way much better than they really are. In other words, we did not learn any lesson from Manchester.
This is one of our specialities against any team when we're in that mood unfortunately.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Nice win.

Still a bit concerning we didn't close the game earlier and risked a goal on the penalty. I thought the penalty was harsh on Benatia given the distance (not sure how that can be deliberate), if he gives that surely we had a good shout with Zapata.

Alex Sandro, Benatia and Cancelo were excellent.

Another encouraging game from Bentancur.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
A part from the penalty, we absolutely controlled this game. We did too midweek but were unlucky. This team needs a break and the national break may come in handy.
I would have to say that a large part of the reason that we has such control was down to how poor Milan were. Just think to how many counters that they fucked up which could've resulted in a shot on target. We misplaced passes constantly, but they did as well. We got lucky with that penalty miss, but had they scored who knows how things would've developed.

I just don't think we displayed enough of that killer edge to finish them off early as we should have. We would pressure their backline into a mistake, and then kinda just let them regain themselves. So many lackadaisical lofty crosses to no one. Was a bit disappointing to see. But regardless, three more points on the board.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
We were pretty shitty. No fluidity in attack. Cancelo offers a lot though and he was missed last game. No proper buildup play or strategy whatsoever. Still not sure why we play CFs on the wings and 2 natural wingers on the bench and a dwarf as CF. It hasn't worked so far, despite us getting most of the points.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Exactly how I anticipated this game. A packed midfield, a spirited Milan and a pretty controlled game from us. Only exception was Higuain completely losing it. Was comical.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
We were pretty shitty. No fluidity in attack. Cancelo offers a lot though and he was missed last game. No proper buildup play or strategy whatsoever. Still not sure why we play CFs on the wings and 2 natural wingers on the bench and a dwarf as CF. It hasn't worked so far, despite us getting most of the points.
The most idiotic thing I’ve read on this forum in a long time.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I would have to say that a large part of the reason that we has such control was down to how poor Milan were. Just think to how many counters that they fucked up which could've resulted in a shot on target. We misplaced passes constantly, but they did as well. We got lucky with that penalty miss, but had they scored who knows how things would've developed.

I just don't think we displayed enough of that killer edge to finish them off early as we should have. We would pressure their backline into a mistake, and then kinda just let them regain themselves. So many lackadaisical lofty crosses to no one. Was a bit disappointing to see. But regardless, three more points on the board.
That is literally the only thing we are missing. Ruthlessness.

- - - Updated - - -

With the way we played up until the end, we will lose the game 75 times out of 100.
Respectfully disagree.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Great result but I am totally not impressed, we gave them a lot of respect. We gave them hope that they will score and get back into the game. We made them look way much better than they really are. In other words, we did not learn any lesson from Manchester.
I would normally agree with you, but with our win rate and how confident we have played, I do not agree. Yes. United won. But that was lucky as hell. They didn’t open up our defense. They scored two goals on set pieces (the second one was pure luck).

We still should’ve scored 5-6 goal against them.

Milan had nothing all game, but we actually managed to score. We were the much better team (just look at the stats).

The United game was the only thing that made our lives miserable, but we still did everything to beat them. They had about zero chances all game.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
1. The quality of passing tonight reminded me of the pre-Conte era. Very bad.

2. Dybala and Pjanic were awful again. Apathetic, slow, not forward-oriented.

3. This type of passing in the midfield (short, always the safest option) makes sense only if it's done very quickly. When you use it the way Juventus does (slowly), your game becomes predictable and easily readable even by the side like this Milan. As a result, the game degrades to the level of constant abuse of crosses from the wingbacks.

4. Missing that exciting CR7 - Berna chemistry from the first fixtures of the season.

5. Feel sorry for Pipita.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Luck had all to to do with the second United goal. Our players missing chances left to right was just bad.
It was a total team collapse that allowed United to even get the first free kick. From that moment on the collapse continued. If the goal was funny it's still we who invited them for that chance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)