Lecce-Juventus 1-1
Konan, Trezeguet

Lost
Season 1999/00 4th matchday, September 26th 1999
Lecce-Juventus 2-0
Lima, Conticchio

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 26, 2004
"The match against Bayern went wrong because we suffered the opponent without reacting and we lacked in aggression and grit that made the difference in the matches played so far". Fabio Cannavaro arrives at the press conference held at Sisport centre and wipes away any doubt about Tuesday's defeat being only a single episode and that it has to be canceled immediately: "You'll see a strongly determined team, we have to win at all costs as we want to keep the pace we've had so far. It won't be easy as they come from a positive result and the change of coach makes them want to do well".

The turnover involved nearly everyone, also in his role, like the cases of Thuram and Kovac, while Italy's captain has always been present: "Well, you see, Lilian is old - Cannavaro jokes - I think my turn will come sooner or later but I must say I'm always happy to play; on the other hand, it's just when you play all the time that when you finally stop you end up feeling the fatigue all at once. Changing partner in my role is not a problem for me: no doubt that I've been playing with Lilian for many years and we know each other well but I feel perfectly at ease with Robert too, he has always showed personality and self-confidence".

Juventus has a particularly tough week ahead: in fact, the matches against Lecce and Sampdoria will be the prelude to the challenge with Milan. The replay of last year's match this time won't be that decisive: "Meanwhile, we'll try to do well against Lecce and Sampdoria. It will be hard against the Blucerchiati as well, they have a very good coach who prepares the matches very well. They beated us last year and they have strengthened with Bonazzoli's arrival and they have one more important player they can lean on. Even if we won all these fixtures, the championship would still remain open: we had an eight-point advantage last year and we got caught up... We'd better avoid looking at the table or at the other clubs and go on our own way".

Fabio's last thought is dedicated to Ibrahimovic, who's becoming more and more the subject of journalists' questions: "Great forwards like him can only be contained. For us defenders, marking him is stimulating as he's strong physically and technically. When I find him in front of me during the training session it sometimes ends up that.. I hit him hard. He's young and he can still improve: us teammates use to tell him to be closer to the goal. He's capable of dribbling two, three opponents but he must try to be more ferocious when it comes to shooting at goal".

Apr 26, 2004
3 Chiellini
6 Kovac
7 Pessotto
8 Emerson
9 Ibrahimovic
10 Del Piero
11 Nedved
12 Chimenti
14 Balzaretti
15 Criscito
16 Camoranesi
17 Trezeguet
18 Mutu
19 Zambrotta
20 Blasi
22 Bonnefoi
23 Giannichedda
25 Zalayeta
26 Gladstone
28 Cannavaro
32 Abbiati

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I swear, Rainforest Liu, we've gotta fix that timewarp you live in. ;)

This just in:

Serie A - 22 Sep 2004 - 11:53 PM

Relentless Juventus

Juventus gains 3 more points to the standing, overcoming Sampdoria by a 3-0 result that is indisputable. The Bianconeri take control of the game right away, nevertheless Novellino’s squad concedes little. The tie is broken with a penalty: on the 17’ of the first half Falcone grounds Emerson in the penalty area and referee Dondarini points at the penalty disk and Alessandro Del Piero confirms he’s faultness from the disk. Sampdoria tries to react but the Bianconeri’s defence is a wall too high to climb and Buffon’s only saves are on long range, merely fanciful, kicks.
The second half does not differ from the first and Juventus seals the result: after 24 minutes Nedved shifts to the right towards the bottom line and assists Ibrahimovic (who substituted Del Piero) with a ground shot to the midfield, who shoots into the far corner and scores the 2-0 goal. The 3-0 result is sealed after 42 minutes by David Trezeguet, who catches a ball falling aslant in the penalty area and rifles an unstoppable right footed shot into the net. Once again, the defenders’ performance is noteworthy and Cannavaro is rewarded as the best player on the pitch as he has not conceded anything to the yet dangerous Sampdorian attackers.

SAMPDORIA
Antonioli; Sacchetti, Pavan, Falcone, Castellini (38’ f.h.Pagano); Zenoni, Palombo, Edusei, Kutuzov (18’ s.h.Rossini); Flachi Bazzani.
Substitues: Turci, Articoli, Diana, Donadel, Iacopino.
Coach: Novellino

JUVENTUS
Buffon; Zebina, Thuram, Cannavaro, Zambrotta; Camoranesi, Emerson, Blasi, Nedved (39’ s.h.Olivera); Del Piero (18’ fh.Ibrahimovic), Trezeguet.
Substitues: Chimenti, Legrottaglie,Birindelli, Appiah, Zalayeta
Coach: Capello

Goal scorers: 19’ f.h. Del Piero penalty, 24’ s.h. Ibrahimovic, 42’ s.h Trezeguet

Yellow cards: Thuram, Falcone, Camoranesi, Palombo, Nedved, Pavan
Referee: Paolo Dondarini
Assistant referee: Mitro, Ambrosiani
4° official: Dattilo

Apr 26, 2004
Juventus take home the eighth consecutive win in the championship and equal their own record, thanks to a sound 3-0 over Lecce. Ibrahimovic unblocks himself scoring his first goal in this season and Mutu and Zalayeta seal the result in the second half.

At Lecce, Capello lines up Del Piero and Ibrahimovic in attack supported by Mutu and with Zambrotta and Chiellini on the flanks. The Bianconeri take immediately up the reins of the game and take the advantage on their first attempt: after 9 minutes, Ibrahimovic breaks away and,once into the area, drives a cross shot that flashes past Sicignano into the bottom corner on his right. Lecce seem bemused by the goal conceded and manage to react only 10 minutes later. Ledesma hits a corner shot from the right and serves Konan on the edge of the box but the striker’s left-footed shot ends high over the crossbar. After 22 minutes, it’s Konan again, but his low cross-shot is not intercepted by Vucinic. On 27’ minutes, Cassetti kicks a cross shot from the right, Abbiati hits the ball with the flat of the hand, the ball arrives to Ledesma who pulls it back in the middle but none of his teammates can reach it. One minute later, Nedved engages Sicignano with a tricky finish from outside the box. On 38’ minutes, Juventus get close to doubling the score: a fine pass between Del Piero and Nedved, the Czech assists Mutu on the edge of the area, a powerful right-footed shot gets hit back by Sicignano, the ball bounces back to Ibrahimovic who, however, misses the target and the ball gets high over the bar.
Two minutes later, the protagonist is Nedved again: the Czech grabs the ball on the edge of the box and sends Ibrahimovic in but the pass is too long and Sicignano successfully anticipate the Swedish forward. On 44’ minutes, Mutu receives the ball from Chiellini in the midfield, drives down to Lecce’s side and tries a right-footed shot but it ends high, while on 46’ minutes, in the extra time, Del Piero earns a free kick from an interesting position; it’s the very captain who shoots but Sicignano manages to clear the last attack of the first half.

In the second half, Capello replaces Ibrahimovic with Zalayeta and the very him, after only 1 minute, heads the ball high over the bar, following Chiellini’s fine cross shot from the flank, while after 8’ he cuts in but his finish is cleared by Sicignano. The match goes on at a quite low pace, also because of the playground made heavy by the rain. Lecce try to fight back with Cassetti, who comes out with a great shot from the distance, deflected into the corner by the Bianconeri defence and three minutes later with Valdes who eventually gets anticipated by Abbiati’s courageous coming out. And it’s just because of this action that the Bianconeri’s goalkeeper has to replaced by Chimenti, while one minute earlier Del Piero had been substituted Camoranesi. Abbiati has only the time to sit down on the bench before celebrating Juventus’s second goal: on 36’ minutes, Mutu receives the ball from Zalayeta and, from outside the box, he drives a powerful left-footed shot that, maybe deflected by Pecorari, slides in behind Sicignano’s back. Lecce get dangerous again on 41’ minutes with a great left-footed cross by Cozzolino, saved by Chimenti, then the ball gets back to Abruzzese but his header ends high over the crossbar. On 46’ minutes, Mutu has the chance to double his personal score but his finish, served by a fine pass from Zalayeta, is cleared by Sicignano. The extra time offers more thrills: on 48’ minutes, Cozzolino intercepts a wandering ball in the box and shoots at goal but Chimenti is very good at clearing, while one minute later Zalayeta is served in the area and scores the third goal for the Bianconeri. It’s the end of the match: Juventus equal their own record of eight consecutive wins in the championship.

LECCE vs JUVENTUS 0-3

GOALS: 9’ f.h. Ibrahimovic, 36’ s.h. Mutu, 49’ s.h. Zalayeta

LECCE: Sicignano; Cassetti, Pecorari, Stovini, Diamoutene; Marianini (30’ s.h. Valdes), Ledesma, Konan, Del Vecchio, Camorani (36’ f.h. Cozzolino); Vucinic.
Substitutes: Benussi, Angelo, Abruzzese, Eremenko, Pellè.
Coach: Baldini

JUVENTUS: Abbiati (35’ s.h. Chimenti); Zambrotta, Kovac, Cannavaro, Chiellini; Emerson, Giannichedda, Nedved Mutu; Del Piero(34’ s.h. Camoranesi), Ibraimovich (1’ s.h. Zalayeta)
Substitutes: Pessotto, Gladstone, Blasi, Trezeguet.
Coach: Capello

YELLOW CARD: 10’ s.h. Cassetti

REFEREE: Racalbuto
ASSISTANT REFEREES : Rosomando, Alvino
FOURTH OFFICIAL: Dattilo

Apr 26, 2004
“The pitch was quite heavy today and playing was not easy. We didn’t do very well in the first part of the match but as time went by we regained control and in the final minutes of the first half we became dangerous, although we did not make the most of the occasions we created. In the second half, the match was completely in our hands”. Juventus achieved the eighth consecutive win in the championship but coach Capello is more satisfied with the three points than with the record: “I’m not interested in the record; and it’s not for a pose, but because I just want to get to the end of the season, the championship is long and our opponents never give up. I must compliment Milan and Inter who beated redoubtable opponents”. Looking at the single players’ performances, Mutu is particularly worth of mention, he was useful on the flank and relentless in attack: “Yes, he did very well on the right and when he moved forward he was always dangerous. Everyone played well, anyway: Zambrotta and Chiellini, on the flanks, pushed the right way and Chimenti got in and made some important saves”. The Bianconeri will have to face some particularly delicate matches now and the turnover seen at Lecce will continue during next week: “Turnover is necessary to meet teams like Sampdoria, Milan and Bayern München. There’ll be room for everyone.”

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
Thought I would read some constructive and balanced reports about the game… But obviously it is the same shit as always with this battling…

To bad I was not here earlier…:D

Not to mention this rainforest guy...:rofl:

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Lecce 0 - 3 Juventus
Ibrahimovic 9 (J), Mutu 81 (J), Zalayeta 93 (J)
Stadio Via Del Mare

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus have made history with their eighth consecutive Serie A win, but lost Christian Abbiati to injury.

The Bianconeri may have lost their unbeaten record in the Champions League midweek at Bayern Munich, but they were still on track to equal the best ever start to a Serie A season, when Giovanni Trapattoni's side won their first eight games on the way to the 1985-86 Scudetto.

Gianluigi Buffon, Lilian Thuram, Jonathan Zebina and Patrick Vieira did not make the trip, while Mauro Camoranesi pulled out during the pre-match warm-up, so Fabio Capello fielded a very attacking midfield with Adrian Mutu and Pavel Nedved on the flanks. Lecce's Italian international Marco Cassetti did start despite a slight injury.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic was expected to be rested for this game, but he broke the deadlock after just nine minutes with a precise angled right-foot drive that nutmegged Lorenzo Stovini.

Alessandro Del Piero's free kick was charged down, but Christian Abbiati almost gifted Lecce with an equaliser. Fortunately for the 'keeper, Cristian Ledesma somehow managed to miss an open goal.

Vincenzo Sicignano only parried Adrian Mutu's effort into the path of Ibrahimovic, who fired the follow-up over the bar.

Just before the break, Sicignano punched away a curling Del Piero set-piece.

Marcelo Zalayeta replaced Ibrahimovic at half-time and within two minutes his header on a Giorgio Chiellini cross had gone just over the bar.

Del Piero nodded Gianluca Zambrotta's cross too high to trouble Sicignano, then the Lecce goalkeeper punched out Emerson's free kick.

Zalayeta had a great opportunity to make it 2-0, but Sicignano spread his body to charge down from close range, then the Uruguayan's header was off target.

Pavel Nedved forced a save out Sicignano and Marco Cassetti almost snatched an equaliser with a missile from distance.

Juve are already without the injured Buffon due to a shoulder injury and lost Abbiati as well, bringing on Antonio Chimenti. Zalayeta's header skimmed the goal with the 'keeper already beaten.

Adrian Mutu ensured the eighth straight win was safe late on, as his right-foot effort took a decisive deflection off Pecorari and left Sicignano stranded.

Nonetheless, Lecce went very close to getting one back, as Chimenti only parried Cassetti's effort into the path of Abruzzese, who wasted a golden opportunity. Former Lecce goalkeeper Chimenti was also called into a desperate save on Cozzolino, while Mutu was kept out by Sicignano.

Zalayeta sealed up the 3-0 scoreline in stoppages with a classic counter-attack at the near post.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lecce: Sicignano; Cassetti, Pecorari, Stovini, Abruzzese; Marianini (Valdes 75), Ledesma; Konan, Del Vecchio, Camorani (Cozzolino 36); Vucinic

Juventus: Abbiati (Chimenti 80); Chiellini, Kovac, Cannavaro, Zambrotta; Nedved, Emerson, Giannichedda, Mutu; Del Piero (Camoranesi 78), Ibrahimovic (Zalayeta 46

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Holygr4le ] ++
Thought I would read some constructive and balanced reports about the game… But obviously it is the same shit as always with this battling…

To bad I was not here earlier…:D

Not to mention this rainforest guy...:rofl:
At least it is much more pleasent to read than those meaningless fights

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
we played a balanced game , i liked mutu , zlatan , dp combination , and i liked more camo playing in the center behind the strikers in the second half, he created the 3rd goal from there. i hope abbiati and zlatan are not injured.as usual gianchedda is crap , chellini was normal , kovac and cana were solid as usual , we managed to equal the record , i hope that we win against samp to break it.forza juve

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Ibrahimovic Celebrates First League Goal
10/24/2005 7:44:00 AM
The Swedish forward scored his first Serie A goal of the season during Juve’s 3-0 win at Lecce.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic found the net for the first time during this season in Serie A, but also had to leave the pitch due to a minor injury in the second half of Lecce-Juve.

“I hurt my right foot during the match, I felt a bit of pain, but it’s just a small problem. Now we are already concentrated on the match against Sampdoria, a very difficult match also because last year we lost 1-0. However this gives us more will to win."

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Lecce - Juventus: le pagelle

GAZZETTA DELLO SPORT

Abbiati 5.5 (Chimenti 6.5); Zambrotta 5.5, Kovac 6.5, Cannavaro 6, Chiellini 5; Mutu 6.5, Emerson 6, Giannichedda 6, Nedved 5.5; Ibrahimovic 6.5 (Zalayeta 6.5), Del Piero 5.5 (Camoranesi sv).

TUTTOSPORT

Abbiati 5.5 (Chimenti 7); Zambrotta 6, Kovac 7, Cannavaro 6, Chiellini 6; Mutu 6, Emerson 7, Giannichedda 6, Nedved 6.5; Ibrahimovic 6.5 (Zalayeta 7), Del Piero 5.5 (Camoranesi 6.5).

CORRIERE DELLO SPORT

Abbiati 5 (Chimenti 7); Zambrotta 6, Kovac 7, Cannavaro 6, Chiellini 5; Mutu 6, Emerson 7, Giannichedda 6, Nedved 6.5; Ibrahimovic 7 (Zalayeta 7), Del Piero 6 (Camoranesi sv).

LA STAMPA

Abbiati 5.5 (Chimenti 7); Zambrotta 6, Kovac 7, Cannavaro 6, Chiellini 6; Mutu 6, Emerson 7, Giannichedda 6.5, Nedved 6.5; Ibrahimovic 7 (Zalayeta 7), Del Piero 6 (Camoranesi 6.5).

CORRIERE DELLA SERA

Abbiati 5 (Chimenti 6.5); Zambrotta 6.5, Kovac 7, Cannavaro 7, Chiellini 5; Mutu 6.5, Emerson 7, Giannichedda 6, Nedved 6; Ibrahimovic 6.5 (Zalayeta 7), Del Piero 5 (Camoranesi 6.5).

LA REPUBBLICA

Abbiati 5.5 (Chimenti 7); Zambrotta 6, Kovac 7, Cannavaro 6, Chiellini 6; Mutu 6, Emerson 6.5, Giannichedda 6, Nedved 6; Ibrahimovic 6.5 (Zalayeta 7), Del Piero 5.5 (Camoranesi sv).
-------------------------------------------------------------

bad notes for Chielini,
can anybody tell me how he played..?? may be jeeks, you saw the match mate:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)