[Serie A] Lecce vs. Juventus (7 Viewers)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Jeeks and Andy- very good match reports !!

You guys are stealing some of my thunder !!!:D

Anyways,

The 3-0 scoreline is quite misleading. Lets face the fact that Lecce are not that good of a team- they'll be lucky not to be relegated at the end of this season (bring back Zeman !!!), and really didnt show too much until the middle of the second half.

The game seemed like it stopped every 4 or 5 seconds, and when it wasnt being stopped by the referee's whistle, both teams were losing the ball

We played with absolutely NO rhythm today with minimal ball control.. almost like we didnt even want to play

The whole team was very average today, but I will give Mutu some credit. He is playing out of position, and doing whats asked of him.

If we continue to play like we did today, better teams will eat us alive, mark my words...

Dont believe me ??? Does the name "Bayern" mean anything to you ???

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

If we continue to play like we did today, better teams will eat us alive, mark my words...

WoW thats quite harsh.. I haven't seen the match were we that bad?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by 674083912 ] ++
Who scored?

Frigging ESPN delayed the showing of this match because theyre too busy showing the Madrid Masters
Zlatan then Mutu then Zalayeta.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by ZAF3000 ] ++

WoW thats quite harsh.. I haven't seen the match were we that bad?
Well, the scorline makes it look like we dominated the game and were eating Lecce alive. Actually, they had more chances than we did and our players made absolutely no effort and the goals came from opportunistic situations.

Jocke27

Sep 12, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
NB. My ratings are not Italian newspaper style where you score a hat-trick and still only get an 8. My ratings will probably be 0.5 more than the Italian style ratings.

Abbiati: Didn't have much to do. Hopefully his injury isn't serious. 6

Zambrotta: Decent performance. Not as much of an attacking force as he can be but still did pretty well. 6.5

Kovac: Solid. For me he's a more reliable player than Thuram and deserves a starting place based on his form. 7.5

Cannavaro: Ok. Wasn't tested that much but dealt with what came his way. 6.5

Chiellini: Definitely better than he was against Bayern. On the whole he looked more comfortable and got involved in the attacks. 6.5

Emerson: Good game. Broke up plays and passed the ball well. Was dangerous with his free kick deliveries as well. 7

Giannichedda: I don't think he's good enough to be a first teamer for us. He gives away the ball too much and wasn't as assertive as he needs to be. 5.5

Mutu: Played well in patches. When he got the ball in good positions he gave Lecce problems but at times he wasn't involved as much as he should be. Capello finally gave him 90 minutes and he rewarded Cap's choice to play him with a goal. 6.5

Nedved: Impressive. Worked hard as usual, good passing and a couple of good shots. Keep it up, Pavel. 7

Del Piero: I thought he was quite good in the first half. Had some good combinations with Nedved and Ibrahimovic and nearly scored from a free kick. Did practically nothing in the second half but in his defence the service to him just wasn't there. 6

Ibrahimovic: Splendid finish from the Swede. A few nice touches here and there too but wasn't as influential as he can be. I hope his injury isn't serious. 6.5

Zalayeta: Won a good set of aerial challenges and scored a very good goal. Did well. 6.5

Camoranesi: Set up Zala's goal and gave the team a bit more balance in midfield. 6

Chimenti: No rating. Made one notable save though.

The overall performance wasn't that great as Lecce was able to pressure us and even come close to scoring but we did enough to win without putting in maximum effort after a CL game in Germany and knowing that we play Samp, Milan and Bayern in the next ten days or so.
Very accurate to what I thought.

Except one, Mutu ...
Apart from the goal he didn't do much. He gave away the ball several times and took a couple of unneccesary shots. I would give him 5.5.

Del Piero did OK but he could might as well get 5.5. He held on to the ball too long in the first half and could of set Ibra clean two times.
He slows down the attack without even getting rid of his defender, I really hope this was a one time occurrence with DP starting.
Trez or Zala should play up with Ibra against Sampdoria.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

Well, the scorline makes it look like we dominated the game and were eating Lecce alive. Actually, they had more chances than we did and our players made absolutely no effort and the goals came from opportunistic situations.
that about sums things up :thumb:

Akerman

Oct 20, 2005
Seriously, I hate Juventus fans. They hate players when they have a off game and love them when they scores. This is bull****, you know nothing about football.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
Jeeks and Andy- very good match reports !!

You guys are stealing some of my thunder !!!:D

Anyways,

The 3-0 scoreline is quite misleading. Lets face the fact that Lecce are not that good of a team- they'll be lucky not to be relegated at the end of this season (bring back Zeman !!!), and really didnt show too much until the middle of the second half.

The game seemed like it stopped every 4 or 5 seconds, and when it wasnt being stopped by the referee's whistle, both teams were losing the ball

We played with absolutely NO rhythm today with minimal ball control.. almost like we didnt even want to play

The whole team was very average today, but I will give Mutu some credit. He is playing out of position, and doing whats asked of him.

Thanks Vinni, and I concur with you 100%. Again, we continue to play the same way every match, and it will come back to haunt us like it already has.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Akerman ] ++
Seriously, I hate Juventus fans. They hate players when they have a off game and love them when they scores. This is bull****, you know nothing about football.
Juventus fans hate you as well.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
And Capello is always right and Zlatan is the best player in the world.

Akerman

Oct 20, 2005
++ [ originally posted by trezgool ] ++

And you do?
No, I hate none of the players in Juventus. That's the whole deal about loving a team. Juventus is such a big name in football that so many new fans have come joined them who pretty much have no idea of football. But that's just me. I don't love a team because they win and hate them because they lose. Del Piero is not better than Zlatan, but so many members of this forum is biased towards certain players.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005

No, I hate none of the players in Juventus. That's the whole deal about loving a team. Juventus is such a big name in football that so many new fans have come joined them who pretty much have no idea of football. But that's just me. I don't love a team because they win and hate them because they lose. Del Piero is not better than Zlatan, but so many members of this forum is biased towards certain players.
What are you saying ?
Zalayeta is better than both of them

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

I coudn't care less. I'm not a fan of this club to be loved by you.
Well go join Zlatan forums, you would feel better about yourself and save us the trouble reading your comments.

Akerman

Oct 20, 2005
++ [ originally posted by AtotheB ] ++

And Capello is always right and Zlatan is the best player in the world.
Capello, human as he are, makes mistakes. But people always will jump to conclusions when he decides to play with a certain player instead of an other. Why don't you ask himself. We are top of the league, undefeated so he must be doing something right, ey?

Zlatan is not the best, there is no best player. Zlatan is however definately a player you shouldn't want to get rid of but I agree that he should be benched sometimes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)