[SERIE A] Lecce vs JUVENTUS (12/07/08) (3 Viewers)

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
Which players are injured?
Injury update......................

David Trezeguet - 3 weeks ( now up and running)
Gianluigi Buffon - 5 weeks
Cristiano Zanetti - 10 days
Dario Knezevic - February 2009
Cristian Poulsen - 7/14 days
Jonathan Zebina - 3 weeks.
Tiago Mendes - early January 2009
Mauro Camoranesi - early January 2009

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Injury update......................

David Trezeguet - 3 weeks ( now up and running)
Gianluigi Buffon - 5 weeks
Cristiano Zanetti - 10 days
Dario Knezevic - February 2009
Cristian Poulsen - 7/14 days
Jonathan Zebina - 3 weeks.
Tiago Mendes - early January 2009
Mauro Camoranesi - early January 2009
where did you get confirmation on either of those?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Lecce will probably fight against relegation and so far we're doing great against these so called small teams.

Against the serie A top10 teams (Inter, Milan, Napoli, Lazio, Fiorentina, Catania, Udinese, Genoa, Palermo) we have a bad record so far. 2 wins, 2 draws and 3 defeats, with goal difference 9:8, but against the teams from the second part of the table (Atalanta, Siena, Sampdoria, Cagliari, Roma, Lecce, Torino, Reggina, Bologna and Chievo) we've been superb and we have 6-1-0 record, with goal difference 12:1.

Hopefully we'll continue beating the minnows and win 3pts from Lecce.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I see a lot of hubris in here. Difficult match, considering our depleted and of technique deprived midfield.
Will Poulsen be back for the game?

And the Giovinco substitution last night could see us start something different.

Actually I have a feeling we will see much of Giovinco the coming two matches, Lecce and BATE. Then against Milan Ranieri will field Momo - Poulsen.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Will Poulsen be back for the game?

And the Giovinco substitution last night could see us start something different.

Actually I have a feeling we will see much of Giovinco the coming two matches, Lecce and BATE. Then against Milan Ranieri will field Momo - Poulsen.
I'm not sure about Poulsen's condition. He is close to returning, but i'm not sure how close and in what kind of condition.

I hope you're right about Giovinco. I'd like to see something like a Marchionni- Sissoko- Nedved- Giovinco midfield or Sissoko Marchisio Nedved behind Giovinco.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
We're in similar situation as in October, when we didn't have a good passer in midfield. When Tiago started playing things got much better. When Tiago got injured, Camo was back and he nullified Tiago's absence.

Hopefully Ranieri is aware that a midfield consisted of Marchionni-Sissoko-Marchisio(Poulsen)-Nedved didn't bring us good results and good displays and he'll do what Dominic suggested.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
To add more to what i already said....this is how our midfield looked on those 3 matches we lost this season :

against Palermo: (4-3-3) Sissoko,Poulsen, Marchisio (Giovinco,Amauri,Del Piero)
against Napoli: (4-2-2): Salihamidzic-Poulsen-Marchisio-Nedved
against Inter (4-2-2): Marchionni-Sissoko-Marchisio-Nedved

The first one was with 3 DMCs and Giovinco in front of them while on the other two matches we really struggled without a good passer of the ball.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Personally, I'd like to see Marchionni dropped all together and use Giovinco out there on the right flank. He did fine when he switched over there against Zenit I think it was, or maybe it was a Serie A match, don't quite remember. But he's capable on both sides of the pitch.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Buffon
Zebina-Knezevic-Andrade-Salihamidzic
Camoranesi-Poulsen-Zanetti-Tiago
Trezeguet-

apparantly it seems that the next injured player will be striker to complete our fantastic injury list. are there any suspended ones?

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
A few otions for midfield alright.

Ranieri will probably play

Marchionni Marchisio Sissoko Nedved

he could drop Marchisio and start the midfield that finished the game against reggina.

Marchionni Sissoko Nedved
------------Giovinco--------

and some people have suggested playing Gio on the right but i would switch neddy to the right instead as pavel is right footed and let Giovinco have the left.

But it would be great to see the midfield that finished against Reggina start. C'mon Claudio be brave!!!!

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Marchisio has deserved his place as much as the other players on our team (bar a few exception like D.P, Giorgio), as long as he keeps pulling the strings I am happy to see him play

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)