[Serie A] Lecce 0-1 JUVENTUS (8-Jan-2012) (1 Viewer)

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Yes Im another hater of our fucked up short corners. I can understand a bit of variation every now and again, but FFS there is some instances when you just need to whip in a dangerous ball to one of our many tall players and just go direct.
Now in this we agree. Also A few matches Pepe was sending the corners in and they were better than some others corners why did that stop?

Buy on AliExpress.com

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Lecce were pumped up, but we should expect this from every club. We cant expect to be taking on saints who will foul us and shake our hands, with a tap on the back or a pinch on the ass. Its a mans game, if you meet men who are arrogant and mother wrenches. Then you gotta tighten their screws. Vucinic deserves an applause for this, he verbally had a word back at cuadrado. Arrogance is needed if you want to do well at times, it even sparks a firm desire to play well and really push the opposition back. Today we were snoozing, lets see what tomorrow brings.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Yeah I also hate short corners. They never work! Must be requested by Conte.
The only thing(s) I can think about why he would do this are as follows:

1.) Maintain possession, since he seems hellbent on dominating possession in all aspects of the game.
2.) He is afraid of the counters (perhaps we he thinks we lack speed to recover?), so maintaining possession will take that threat away a bit?

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Must have something to do with the fact that Pirlo actually knows how to kick the ball, instead of just hoofing it in a certain direction like Pepe.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
The only thing(s) I can think about why he would do this are as follows:

1.) Maintain possession, since he seems hellbent on dominating possession in all aspects of the game.
2.) He is afraid of the counters (perhaps we he thinks we lack speed to recover?), so maintaining possession will take that threat away a bit?
I think its probably the first seeing as Conte and his team apparently aren't scared of anything. Really would like to see us take regular corners especially with Quag/Matri in the box. Chiellini is also dangerous on corners.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
As strange as it might sound, we conceded only 1 goal in the last 5 matches and today's match was Buffon's third clean sheet in a row :confused:
The only goal we conceded on the last 5 matches was that mistake Vidal made when he failed to clear De Rossi's shot.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
As strange as it might sound, we conceded only 1 goal in the last 5 matches and today's match was Buffon's third clean sheet in a row :confused:
The only goal we conceded on the last 5 matches was that mistake Vidal made when he failed to clear De Rossi's shot.
Our finishing is the issue. If we can score some goals we will be ok

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I think its probably the first seeing as Conte and his team apparently aren't scared of anything. Really would like to see us take regular corners especially with Quag/Matri in the box. Chiellini is also dangerous on corners.
Well, Bonucci is actually pretty darn good on corners as well...I mean, when we are attacking that is. :snoop:

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Bit of a flattering statistic. We've had some horrid finishing against us.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Bit of a flattering statistic. We've had some horrid finishing against us.
Indeed.

Must be said too that three of the 5 opponents were the three last placed teams (Lecce, Cesena and Novara) while Udinese hardly tried to attack, as did we on that match.

Still, no matter the quality of the opponents and their shooting percentage, it's a good statistic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)