SERIE A: Lazio - Juventus (24 Viewers)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Oh no the tide has turned and now we do not like what we see, and of cos the first thing that comes to mind is throw the book at Lippi and Dp as they have screwed up the team completely
Thank goodness for Shadowfax and Slack cos if not those who do not watch matches would think , Dp is solely responsible for our mini slump

Lets see the matches are getting harder which coincided with his comeback and he is blamed

All the potentially difficult matches we have had this season we have none, with Dp or without him, Roma at home, Milan away, Inter at home, Lazio away, Galatasaray away and Soceidad away

Now it is all well and good beating the likes of Brescia, Bologna , Ancona etc scoring bags of goals but our overall play has never been entirely convincing, something Slack has been saying forever but becoase we have been winning, some on here were acting Like Slack had no idea what he was saying

Our defense is a complete joke now, and where Buffon used to save our asses, he cannot do that all the time

Montero passed his sell by date, 3 seasons ago but he is still a starter and he is so bad it hurts as in his prime imo , one of the best if not the best pure defender we have ever had

Leggrotaglie bought out of spite to Sensi is showing awful form

The midfield is always totally overrun, because they do not have the ability to stamp thier authority on the opposition and have no pace to keep up with opposition either so as soon as they are by passed , thats almost it, the opposition is one on one with defender who in Leggro's case will turn his back on the forward or in Mintero's case contrive to bring him down

We have one of the more cultured and best central backs , Thuram being wasted at right back as offensively he is a joke, please if we are not going to buy players in January, I would prefer to see Thuram and Tudor when fit in the centre

Birindelli or Pessotto could be used as right back

There is no need to cut your nose to spite your face anymore so please Davids has to start

Camoranesi , I am sorry has to be dropped for most probbaly Miccolli as he surely cannot do worse or get a decent winger who does not have to cut inside everytime to try and cross thereby losing the momentum of the attack

Nedved is definitely not the player of last season and I am sorry he should be confined to the left as his constant runnings into useless positions leaves the midfiled completely exposed and they look worse that they are
He does not have the ability, never has, to bring players into the game so though his selfless running and energy helps against disorganised teams, he has not got the ability to open up and tight defence so please confine him to the left where he can whip the ball to the strikers or can cut inside and shoot

Well the first thing I always read on here when we are lost is usally was Dp on the field? He was terrible and he has slowed down the attack
No he is not on great form by any stretch of the imagination but in the 2 matches I have seen against Inter and Lazio, he is the only player to have brought any kind of save from the goal keeper and what can you do with no creativity at all from the mf
Whether you like him or not or want to read it or not, we stand a better chance of winning anything with an inform Dp than with anyohter in form strikers or player in our team and benching him would not help him regain form

What I do not understand is why when with Trez he plays on the left and does not support Trez at all but with DV, he played with Dv

Trez might be the invisible man but I would rather clear cut chances fall to him that to the very watseful DV but then again Dv has the ability to find himself space, pity he does little with the amount of chances he gets

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Oh no the tide has turned and now we do not like what we see, and of cos the first thing that comes to mind is throw the book at Lippi and Dp as they have screwed up the team completely
Thank goodness for Shadowfax and Slack cos if not those who do not watch matches would think , Dp is solely responsible for our mini slump

Lets see the matches are getting harder which coincided with his comeback and he is blamed

All the potentially difficult matches we have had this season we have none, with Dp or without him, Roma at home, Milan away, Inter at home, Lazio away, Galatasaray away and Soceidad away

Now it is all well and good beating the likes of Brescia, Bologna , Ancona etc scoring bags of goals but our overall play has never been entirely convincing, something Slack has been saying forever but becoase we have been winning, some on here were acting Like Slack had no idea what he was saying

Our defense is a complete joke now, and where Buffon used to save our asses, he cannot do that all the time

Montero passed his sell by date, 3 seasons ago but he is still a starter and he is so bad it hurts as in his prime imo , one of the best if not the best pure defender we have ever had

The midfield is always totally overrun, because they do not have the ability to stamp thier authority on the opposition and have no pace to keep up with opposition either so as soon as they are by passed , thats almost it, the opposition is one on one with defender who in Leggro's case will turn his back on the forward or in Mintero's case contrive to bring him down

We have one of the more cultured and best central backs , Thuram being wasted at right back as offensively he is a joke, please if we are not going to buy players in January, I would prefer to see Thuram and Tudor when fit in the centre

There is no need to cut your nose to spite your face anymore so please Davids has to start

Camoranesi , I am sorry has to be dropped for most probbaly Miccolli as he surely cannot do worse or get a decent winger who does not have to cut inside everytime to try and cross thereby losing the momentum of the attack

Nedved is definitely not the player of last season and I am sorry he should be confined to the left as his constant runnings into useless positions leaves the midfiled completely exposed and they look worse that they are
He does not have the ability, never has, to bring players into the game so though his selfless running and energy helps against disorganised teams, he has not got the ability to open up and tight defence so please confine him to the left where he can whip the ball to the strikers or can cut inside and shoot

Well the first thing I always read on here when we are lost is usally was Dp on the field? He was terrible and he has slowed down the attack
No he is not on great form by any stretch of the imagination but in the 2 matches I have seen against Inter and Lazio, he is the only player to have brought any kind of save from the goal keeper and what can you do with no creativity at all from the mf
Whether you like him or not or want to read it or not, we stand a better chance of winning anything with an inform Dp than with anyohter in form strikers or player in our team and benching him would not help him regain form

What I do not understand is why when with Trez he plays on the left and does not support Trez at all but with DV, he played with Dv

Trez might be the invisible man but I would rather clear cut chances fall to him that to the very watseful DV but then again Dv has the ability to find himself space, pity he does little with the amount of chances he gets
Denco you have to open your eyes, of course Del Piero is not the only responsable but he is sucking too, exately like Camo and more than Nedved...
The DV-Treze couple was working perfect and we weare beating all the records, those was ouers best attakk ever, we weare scoring like we did just in the Sivori and Charles times. Is not a coincidence that since he reentered not only he sucks but also Treze started sucking again.
Than of course he has nothing to do with the defence crisis.
The truth is in the middle... is wrong to critic just him but also to be critic with everybody and defend him.
Example: is not his fault if Le Grottaglie looked drunk but he has responsability if Treze do not recive a ball.

Lippi... well... cannot be responsable of single players mistakes but some players (NEARLY ALL OF THAM :fero: ) had an athletic drop... and this may be fault of the summer preparations cause we are not even in the middle of the season and they cannot be already tired. And than... is him who allow players like Le Grottaglie, Camoranesi and Del Piero to go in the field when is clear that right now they have to sit on the bench.
And also this Davids-question I think have bodered everybody, we need him right now, is stupid to damage all the team 4 some "personal revenge".

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

Cheers. Well said.

As much as I hate to admit it;), I have to agree with you RE: Nedved. He needs to be moved to the wing and concentrate on crosses and shots off of set-pieces or the occasional cut-in from the wing. They should probably move Maresca into Neddy's spot, as he has sometimes shown, he CAN deliver pinpoint passes to the strikers.

And you can't score goals when you don't have the ball, which brings up the problem that I, as well as others have been stating in Transfer threads for the past 3 months. This defense needs a January tweaking, preferrably a reliable RB so that Thuram can move back to CB, it's less taxing on his stamina.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
My real concern is the dfdeence. IM very sure that the offense will rebirth in any moment..as they are in a slump. Every team have slumps periods....sadly, we have all our key players underperforming at the same time.

What will never get better is the central defence, with montero doing those stupid fouls everytime. Is time for a change in there.
Its a good idea to try with maresca... altough i think he will left juve in the transfer, because juve will use him to get anotherplayer, im very sure.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
I don't think it's a coincidence that in the same period last year we lost two consecutive matches (Brescia and Lazio). It must be cos of the athletic training the players sustained in the pre-season which leaves them out of energy during this period. Even the year before, December was a bad month for us. It's from January that Juve starts gearing up so hopefully that's the case this year too.

Henry

Sep 30, 2003

thanks for a great post!

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
I don't think it's a coincidence that in the same period last year we lost two consecutive matches (Brescia and Lazio). It must be cos of the athletic training the players sustained in the pre-season which leaves them out of energy during this period. Even the year before, December was a bad month for us. It's from January that Juve starts gearing up so hopefully that's the case this year too.
The difference is that Juve is a year older now, and it may take a little while longer for them to get their second wind this time around.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
I'm not a betting man but I would bet the house that you guys will be out for blood versus Parma and win BIG. This would: give you the boost you needed and a win versus Parma would be more than just a 'make-up' win but prove your back. I think the negative press will help. Benching Alex would be a shame though...rule one: don't bench the franchise player.

++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
On hindsight faggot was too harsh :D So I'll drop it to moron level ;) happy Incubo?
These are not things that make me happy. My sources of happiness come from real life. You can say and do whatever you want...its a free country. Just don't preach and tell me to make sense and be logical and not to repeat things when you can't even respect a basic rule among "us" species: respect. i.e. Your WERE criticizing how I run when you were not even showing me you could crawl.

People knew I was right but the problem was a lack of b*lls!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
I'm not a betting man but I would bet the house that you guys will be out for blood versus Parma and win BIG. This.................
Yeah, i think that the game against parma will be a lot better.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I'm not a betting man but I would bet the house that you guys will be out for blood versus Parma and win BIG. This would: give you the boost you needed and a win versus Parma would be more than just a 'make-up' win but prove your back. I think the negative press will help. Benching Alex would be a shame though...rule one: don't bench the franchise player.

These are not things that make me happy. My sources of happiness come from real life. You can say and do whatever you want...its a free country. Just don't preach and tell me to make sense and be logical and not to repeat things when you can't even respect a basic rule among "us" species: respect. i.e. Your WERE criticizing how I run when you were not even showing me you could crawl.

Nope, benching Dp would be silly as this is not of his making, and of cos him on great form is an asset not a disadvantage and he would not get to match fitness on the bench, a little patince would have been nice from our so called fans but from day one against Udinese he got stick when history has told us he does not always recover as quickly as other players and plays himself to form which I have no doubt he would and besides we have not won in any of the dangerous games this season with or without him, Soceidad away, Roma at home, your beloved Milan away (where we played better than in most games I have seen but could quite easily have lost as Sheva was never offside and we needed a fluke goal to equalise), Gala away, Inter at home and Lazio away

We score goals against mediocre sides and we are being made out to be the best thing since slice bread but the sighns were always there for some of us to see

Scoring camouflaged our deficencies , which is a chronic lack of creativity but we all knew our defence was bad, problem is noone knew exactly how bad until now

Well Parma never makes life easy for us and it does not help when we have pinched half of their squad, I mean Appiah, Dv, Buffon, Thuram are all Parma players and what did we give in return, a hopelessly out of form Brighi and Blasi with more testerone than he needs

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002

I agree with you, Denco

I do not think DP is our sole problem, it goes WAY beyond him.

I think we are all waiting very anxiously for him to return to form, and save the day.

You are also completely correct when saying that our Juve has not looked like a dominating side at all this season. I think people are looking at the results, and not so much at the way we've won...until now !!!

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Just cos he's the franchise player doesn`t mean he should be played over more in form players.

Give it a rest will ya? :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)