SERIE A: Lazio - Juventus (18 Viewers)

OP
Maher

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #241
    I dont know from where to start this , is this juve who won the scudetto 27 times. Now juve is a team with no defence , no midfeald and no attack , just names of stars who take million of euros.

What happened in my openion can be the cause of :

1. juve was depending on luck only to win and that happend in a lot of games and know the luck gone ( a lot was saying no problem since they are winning).

2. the return of a player a lot say that he is god of football named delpiaro who lippi always put his faith in him to do things he is not capable to do.

3. the fall in the form of nedved in the last 3 games (may be when he knew he is not in the top 3 in fifa award) and we all know that nedved was our attack and playmaker.

i dont know how a team like lazio looses lopez ,muzzi , mihalovic (only coradi left) to injury and still keeps attacking us without any attack from us in the first half.

Know juve is the team of gosts who does not deserve to win anything this season.

angry fan

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
    I dont know from where to start this , is this juve who won the scudetto 27 times. Now juve is a team with no defence , no midfeald and no attack , just names of stars who take million of euros.

What happened in my openion can be the cause of :

1. juve was depending on luck only to win and that happend in a lot of games and know the luck gone ( a lot was saying no problem since they are winning).

2. the return of a player a lot say that he is god of football named delpiaro who lippi always put his faith in him to do things he is not capable to do.

3. the fall in the form of nedved in the last 3 games (may be when he knew he is not in the top 3 in fifa award) and we all know that nedved was our attack and playmaker.

i dont know how a team like lazio looses lopez ,muzzi , mihalovic (only coradi left) to injury and still keeps attacking us without any attack from us in the first half.

Know juve is the team of ghosts who does not deserve to win anything this season.

angry fan

ditto. agreed in every word there

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    M_ellayan, angry is the wrong word. Dissapointment wud be more appropriate. And i think you need to be a little more patient. After all this is Juve. They know how to get the job done when it counts. Your reaction of this match and the analysis in the above post is showing how your emotion has completely engulfed any form of practicality. Nedved stopping to play his game becoz hes not ben nominated for the fifa award is absolutely ridiculous. And to say Juve is a team of ghosts that dont deserve to win anything is a lil harsh, keeping in mind that this comes on the basis of 3 losses all season in all competition (3)!!!! And of that 1 inconsequential 2nd string team loss to Gala. Common, im sure your maturity levels as a fan are greater than this.

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
    Dissapointed? yes. Give up? No!
    It's like a wheel you know, ups and down.
    You see, Real Madrid lost from a team of nowhere, they're okay, they're back with double spirit!
    ManUtd lost from Soton or Chelsea, but look at them...there's nothing wrong with their performance.
    They're in the big 3 in their league, so are we.
    Don't worry....we'll be back soon. With all hope and pray.
    Keep the fighting spirit...Never Give up, Juve!

slack

Dec 13, 2002
    I don't agree with the general view which singles out individual players for blame. I've always maintained that it is the system.

melayyan isn't exactly wrong. Some of us warned against reading too much into the 16-match unbeaten run. This should come as no surprise - we're simply seeing the flipside of things currently. The results flattered us until now and believe me when I say we weren't a great deal better even then. The main difference was in most of the past 16 matches, Juve was able to salvage a lot of points in decisive short spurts (10-15min spells) The luck, individual brilliances have dried up since while the team flaws being cruelly exposed.

Actually, our problems are very and almost embarassingly basic. All they need to do is borrow a training tape on passing, positioning and movement from Ajax. On a harsher tone, the technical quality of our CM is a joke. Tactically, we're essentially the same as last season and unfortunately, the opposition isn't stupid enough not to learn.

Mancini did his homework.

1. Lazio crowded both flanks. I lost count of the number of times the likes of Thuram and Camo ran into a brickwall (averaging 3-4 Laziali closing down intensely near the halfway line) That effectively killed our attacking initiative very early. Considering our reliance on that particular buildup, well ... The embarassing thing is we kept on doing the same thing over and over again. Zambrotta diving to bluff a foul neear the byline when he couldn't inch past Stam (who played RB) summed it all up.

2. Speed. We build VERY slowly and predictably. We're remarkably like Inter at their (longball) best. The typical move starts from square-passing amongst the defenders. They then relay possession to the DMs, whose job is basically getting rid of the ball asap as opposed to playing. It sounds ridiculous but we actually looked worse with the ball than without. I don't think I need to elaborate on the range, variation, creativity and quality of our passing in CM. We were chasing shadows for the entire 1st half until they closed shop in the 2nd half. Even then, when we were allowed the space to play a bit, it was painful watching them struggling to drag the ball upwards.

3. I've been saying this forever : there is NO flow, chemistry, attacking cohesion upfront. We have 4 or more top-notch individuals running around aimlessly on their own.

4. Bleak facts : Lazio didn't have Stankovic, had Stam just returning from injury, lost Lopez and Muzzi, even had Giannichedda hopping around on 1 leg while Juve played their best team.

Apart from physical preparations, what kind of coaching do they poor guys receive at Juventus after 98'?

OP
    Maher

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #247
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    They were all as bad, no one was better or worse than any one. DP obviously takes responsability cos for the money he's paid he should be doing much more than he's doing. He didn't miss any chances cos he did not have any chances apart from that volley in the first half. Fact is, since his return, our attack is not the same as he slows down our forward line. Lippi should play him next Tuesday and let Miccoli-DV play the next league match.
    :thumb:

OP
    Maher

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #248
    ++ [ originally posted by slack ] ++
    I don't agree with the general view which singles out individual players for blame. I've always maintained that it is the system.

melayyan isn't exactly wrong. Some of us warned against reading too much into the 16-match unbeaten run. This should come as no surprise - we're simply seeing the flipside of things currently. The results flattered us until now and believe me when I say we weren't a great deal better even then. The main difference was in most of the past 16 matches, Juve was able to salvage a lot of points in decisive short spurts (10-15min spells) The luck, individual brilliances have dried up since while the team flaws being cruelly exposed.

Actually, our problems are very and almost embarassingly basic. All they need to do is borrow a training tape on passing, positioning and movement from Ajax. On a harsher tone, the technical quality of our CM is a joke. Tactically, we're essentially the same as last season and unfortunately, the opposition isn't stupid enough not to learn.

Mancini did his homework.

1. Lazio crowded both flanks. I lost count of the number of times the likes of Thuram and Camo ran into a brickwall (averaging 3-4 Laziali closing down intensely near the halfway line) That effectively killed our attacking initiative very early. Considering our reliance on that particular buildup, well ... The embarassing thing is we kept on doing the same thing over and over again. Zambrotta diving to bluff a foul neear the byline when he couldn't inch past Stam (who played RB) summed it all up.

2. Speed. We build VERY slowly and predictably. We're remarkably like Inter at their (longball) best. The typical move starts from square-passing amongst the defenders. They then relay possession to the DMs, whose job is basically getting rid of the ball asap as opposed to playing. It sounds ridiculous but we actually looked worse with the ball than without. I don't think I need to elaborate on the range, variation, creativity and quality of our passing in CM. We were chasing shadows for the entire 1st half until they closed shop in the 2nd half. Even then, when we were allowed the space to play a bit, it was painful watching them struggling to drag the ball upwards.

3. I've been saying this forever : there is NO flow, chemistry, attacking cohesion upfront. We have 4 or more top-notch individuals running around aimlessly on their own.

4. Bleak facts : Lazio didn't have Stankovic, had Stam just returning from injury, lost Lopez and Muzzi, even had Giannichedda hopping around on 1 leg while Juve played their best team.

Apart from physical preparations, what kind of coaching do they poor guys receive at Juventus after 98'?

I agree totally :thumb:

Aug 27, 2003
    what the hell is up with juventus what kind of curse is this i tell u its a curse noo way!..
    ok ok face the facts
    the defense is progressing abit but lippi tottaly forgot about our forwards he just did not know what to do we had many chances and it was annoying although i think we played a very well second half it was the goals that was missing and now were gonne go down to fith or sixth spot..oh God!!

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

Solo un Juventino puo dire CAZZATTE COSI! L'EUROPA SIAMO NOI! L'ITALIA SIAMO NOI!

Siete finiti!!! E giorni dei arbitri sono finiti per vuoi! Due settimani senza scandolo...e non avete vinto un CAZZO!

Va dormire vai Juventini!
    If that handsball had happened in Juve's area and the ref had not given the penalty, you would be here moaning about it :rolleyes: What about Empoli's disallowed goal? Last season against Como, Juventus had a similar goal against them allowed.

You're so unbalanced, only see what Juve get and what Milan don't get. Get some sense.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I myself saw the Empoli-Milan game, and Di Natale's goal was 100% legit because of the new offside rule. According to FIFA, if a player is in an offside position but doesn't get involved in the play, the offside should be ignored, and that's what happened yesterday.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by kaizer ] ++

IMO tudor as RB is a joke! i dunno what was lippi thinking....
    Can't say that I agree with ya. Tudor is a very decent right back, and if playing him in that position is the only way to limit the amount of goals that we are conceding, then we HAVE to go for it. The Legrottaglie - Montero central defensive pairing clearly has problems, and Ferrara is too slow to cope with players like Shevchenko, Martins, Ronaldo, etc.

Thuram on the other hand, has a fair bit of pace, and we all know that when he arrived here at Juve he wanted to play as a CB, so let's give him a chance. Either that, or Moggi has to go to work in January when the transfer market re-opens.

Mexes, Van Buyten, Ferrari, Lucio... I don't care who right now, but we need some new defenders. This is what I would play if I had control of which players joined Juve, and which players left:

Thuram - Tudor (Legro) - Mexes - Zambro

I haven't a clue why Montero starts even when Tudor is 100% fit, because Igor is our best central defender IMO :wallbang:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    I promised myself I wouldn't watch the match, especially after i knew the outcome, but I taped it, and I couldn't help myself. I had to watch.

After watching the match and reading some of the comments on this board, basically everyone is spot-on in their analysis of this team. There is no teamwork, and everyone is playing like a bunch of individuals.

However, despite all of the optimism from some of the people on this board (Gino), and it is to be commended, here's my problem with this.

Yes, Juve is 4 points behind Milan and most likely Roma, but now Inter and lazio are creeping up behind, and if they don't turn around their current form, they could be looking at 5th place in a matter of 2 weeks.

The other problem, and the most disturbing to me, is the performances of this team against the top teams in Serie A. With the exception of the Milan match, which to me is still the best performance of the season, their record against the top teams is exrememly poor, 0 wins and 2 losses, and they have yet to play Parma, who may not be an upper-exchelon squad, is still a lot better than the Empoli's, Modena's and Ancona's that Juve has been feasting on lately.

Roma, Inter, Milan, and lazio have had tougher schedules so far this year, and are doing as well if not better than Juve, and this does not bode well for us, because their remianing schedule will get easier as ours gets more difficult. You can't even count the CL schedule, because let's face it, our group is not exactly the strongest.

So, as tifosi, what do we do?

We support the squad, through good times and bad, but we can't walk around with bianconeri colored glasses and assume that everything will turn itself around. We have every right to criticize, as long as it can be deemed as constructive criticism, not "Lippi is a moron", "Del Piero sucks" so on and so forth. Just because you criticize doesn't mean that you don't support the team.

January is right around the corner, and if the rumors are true, we could be seeing Lucio(hmm........) and Oddo (please, please, please) wearing the jersey any day now. I know everyone is worried about whether they are cup-tied or not, but if Juve don't win the scudetto, then the only cup that we'll be worrying about is the UEFA cup.

Aug 27, 2003
    i do hope usa juventini to see oddo in the juventini shirt but why arent juve learning from their mistakes i hope this dosent affect them severley and i hope this dosent throw us off the chase of the scudetto nor the Cl (although it is too early to detemind)

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
    M_ellayan, angry is the wrong word. Dissapointment wud be more appropriate. And i think you need to be a little more patient. After all this is Juve. They know how to get the job done when it counts. Your reaction of this match and the analysis in the above post is showing how your emotion has completely engulfed any form of practicality. Nedved stopping to play his game becoz hes not ben nominated for the fifa award is absolutely ridiculous. And to say Juve is a team of ghosts that dont deserve to win anything is a lil harsh, keeping in mind that this comes on the basis of 3 losses all season in all competition (3)!!!! And of that 1 inconsequential 2nd string team loss to Gala.
    Yeah dude! i so agree with ya on this! :thumb:

Mona

Feb 24, 2003
    What’s happening in juve’s environment … juve lost 3 matches during 10 days even if Galatasaray’s match wasn’t that important but still it’s called a (loss) …. Anyways, as I think there’s a problem in the (defense line) so Mr. Lippi must fix it before time run out.

PS: Keep in mind that juve last season also lost 2 matches from (Lazio+ Brisica<< spelling) but they won the scudetto!!

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
    I myself saw the Empoli-Milan game, and Di Natale's goal was 100% legit because of the new offside rule. According to FIFA, if a player is in an offside position but doesn't get involved in the play, the offside should be ignored, and that's what happened yesterday.
    Ok so the fact that the offside player had to get out of the way for the ball while it entered the net meant nothing?? The player was VERY MUCH INVOLVED...he moved one way to make the keeper believe he might go for the ball and had to actually avoid the ball. You tell me HOW he was not deemed active???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)