[Serie A] Lazio 1-2 JUVENTUS [January 27th, 2018] (1 Viewer)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 26, 2016
I thought the first half shitshow was mostly down to poor application and stupid, arrogant decision making. Unfortunately we do that a lot when the pressure is off us.

Have to say, Lazio played pretty much as well as they could have with that XI players, and we were crap for the most part, yet we still hung in the game and then did what only we can do late on. Must be wonderfully demoralising for all the other teams.

Lazio predictably couldn't keep that ridiculous pace up for more than about 60 or so minutes so our subs were obviously going to have chances to make an impact. You'd probably see Douglas Costa looking very dangerous in the same scenario, but as a starter in that kind of game he's basically useless other than a countering outlet. Lulic just helped us out at the end there with the brainfart.

Can had a pretty terrible game and again he's got no cool head about him, everything is rushed and showy. Doesn't help that he has a clumsy style about him, so fans don't take to him. It was the same in Liverpoo
l. Football is also an entertainment business after all, and people can't pretend otherwise. The one thing I did like about him is that he's so stupid and boneheaded he just kept trying and seemed oblivious to the fact that he was useless for most of the game.

Also, it's glaringly obvious that the defensive side of the midfield is balanced out by Mandzukic's work in the starting areas. He presses midfield as a forward, and even though Dybala (and to a lesser extent DC) has been putting in admirable work with his 10 stone frame in his stead, it's not the same impact and wiliness.

So yes, Can cannot play the Pjanic role, Bentancur is still very green. And it was also fairly noticeable today that Matuidi didn't look his sharpest. Other than that midfield looked ok.
Great summary.

On the Can stuff, i find it highly laughable that people see him as some sort of "solution". he is a bench player at best.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Clear penalty, of course, but we were so lucky there, because Cancelo was offside. Lulic didn't prevent us from scoring. He literally gifted the winner to us with that silly foul.
There is the question if he would have stayed offside by the time Bernadeschi passed the ball. HE was taken down a couple seconds before Bernadeschi passed. And the Lazio defender trying to block the Bernadeschi pass, had come back past Cancelo at that point (who was admittedly on the ground).

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Anyone with a brain will, of course dumb cuck revisionists like RUS and Snobist will still being writing him off as overrated claiming he only won because league was so non competitive etc.
League is too easy. We have to accept that. Torino beats Inter, Atalanta makes fun of Roma. Napoli being napoli.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Inzaghi:

"I hugged all my players one by one at the final whistle, because they put in a fantastic performance."

Must have been for all the xPoints they won tonight. @Kyle :lol3:
idk dude you laugh but they forced Chezknee into a couple good saves and some of those shots came from good positions too. Remember SMS turning Bentancur?

If they can keep it up top four for sure and that means xChampions League next season.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
idk dude you laugh but they forced Chezknee into a couple good saves and some of those shots came from good positions too. Remember SMS turning Bentancur?

If they can keep it up top four for sure and that means xChampions League next season.
How does the xChampions League work? I'm curious? Do they play secret matches in closed stadiums to determine the real champion of Europe? When will Football Leaks uncover this conspiracy?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)