[Serie A] Lazio 0-2 JUVENTUS, Sep 12th 2009- 3rd Round (69 Viewers)

Lazio - Juventus : Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Caceres

• Legro

• Chiellini

• Grosso

• Diego

• Marchisio

• Melo

• Camo

• Trezeguet

• Amauri

• Giovinco

• Tiago

• Molinaro

• Gervasoni (ref)

• Kolarov (Lazio)

• Ferrara (coach)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Oh, and good job Ferrara.

First of all, attacking after the lead is surely Ferrara's touch. There's no doubt about that.

Replacing Camoranesi and switching Marchisio on the right was also an excellent choice. Actually, it was a match winning choice because Caceres wasn't going to be there and score the goal if Camo was playing.
Now, i don't know if he replaced Camo exactly because of this (in order to protect the right side more and allow Caceres to go forward) or he replaced him because Camo was both bad and exhausted, but it doesn't matter.
It was Ferrara who put Marchisio on the right and told Caceres to go forward instead of playing only in our half.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
and just imagine what we will do if we sold Giovinco or if we sell him(like some guys here suggests)... this kid is one of our important players we will lose a lot if he isn't here... and after all he is underrated and unlucky!!

Forzaaaaaa Giovincoooooooooooooo

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007

First of all, attacking after the lead is surely Ferrara's touch. There's no doubt about that.

Replacing Camoranesi and switching Marchisio on the right was also an excellent choice. Actually, it was a match winning choice because Caceres wasn't going to be there and score the goal if Camo was playing.
Now, i don't know if he replaced Camo exactly because of this (in order to protect the right side more and allow Caceres to go forward) or he replaced him because Camo was both bad and exhausted, but it doesn't matter.
It was Ferrara who put Marchisio on the right and told Caceres to go forward instead of playing only in our half.
Exactly. Excellent job.

sebastian

Jul 24, 2002
he passed him just one time. many times got around him and crossed or passed to another player, but he went past caceres only one time...
okay let me make it clearer kolarov made a fool of our right side it was really bad until tiago came in for camo and caceras was sometimes out of posession. while camo was always out of posession.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

Great points. I agree on both counts: that Ferrara doesn't let up with a lead, and he did well to move Marchisio over on the right for Camo and change the game's outcome for it.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Well, mostly everything has been said... ill comment on few things:

Da GUUUD:
Buffon: the guy is keeping his good form and we can count on him anyday!! good job buff.

Marchisio: he seems to be gaining more and more momentum with every game passing. Good game for him. He fought hard ina VERY difficult match and is making everyone knows that he is no joke.

Melo: Good game melo, he got tired but whathe did was good.

Giovinco: He came when we neede dhim the most and helped. Not a wonder game for him but he tried with the few we could offer because our midfield was having a nightmare and Lazio was playing a very organized game.

Amauri: Worked like a horse, as always, and if he keep doing that i dont see how he will be benched. The most hardworker of our striekrs so far.
Chiellini: Rock Hard!.

The bad:
Trezeguet: Luckily he got his goal, and lets hope it will help his confidence, but he wasted chances like no other and looked very shaky in the decisive moments. He needs to get a hang of himself to remember that he is a killer striker and to not doubt in fonrt of goal.

Camo: Selfish as ahell, bad bad game.

Leggro: Shaky, as always. I have never beena fan of Leggro and i hope everyone realizes why. He is SO FRIKKIN nervous that is disgusting in a vetteran like him.

The Ugly:
Caceres: Apart from teh goal, this guy got SERIOUSLY owned. Its kinda sad for me because i wanted him to do a much better job in that flank but well, lets take in consideration that this was his first game for us, against a very difficult team in a hostile pitch and the guys he was supposed to cover were very good. Also camo was doing shit.

The rest did ok.

The positives:
We won a very difficult game, even when our team was unorganized and we were playing poor. This shows that we are no joke this season.

The negatives:
Diego´s injury.
Caceres is not able to play on the flanks.
Trez seriously needs to wake up and train his finishing.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Overall, the team was pretty poor, but what cannot be faulted is the work rate, organisation and fitness of the players (credit for which goes primarily to Ferrara).

Buffon, Chiellini, Melo, Marchisio and Giovinco get pass marks.

I won't be overly critical of Caceres, Grosso or Trezeguet because there are perfectly good reasons for their relatively poor showings.

The others worked hard, without necessarily being brilliant.

Good to see that we can win with this system without Diego doing everything.

MotM goes to the referee for helping us out on Lazio's 'goal' and for not sending Chiellini off in the second half (he didn't even give a freekick :D).

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
okay let me make it clearer kolarov made a fool of our right side it was really bad until tiago came in for camo and caceras was sometimes out of posession. while camo was always out of posession.
for me dude, caceres was only one time fooled by kolarov. all the other times, kolarov just made a cross or passed the ball. the kid was awesome.

you should see alla the facts.

- he is only 22
- it was his debut
- he has played in a new position for him
- he had camo in front of him that was bad and didn't help him at all
- we were playing against a not so easy team away
- he had against him the best player of lazio today

do you think still that hi did bad??? personally i am very happy with his performance, apart from the goal. i think that we may have our next rb right here.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Actually, that first goal by Caceres started because Marchisio ran to the corner, made a nice cross to Amauri in front of goal that headed up and back, and Caceres pounced on the deflection in front of him.

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #612
    Ciro's 100% record 5 out of 5 since he took over makes me aim high and far this season. We have conceded 1 goal since he took over and scored 8goals I think.

Looking at this game, I was wondering how we will react to this game when 7 of our players featured for the Azzurri and others for their NT's, I think we were excellent:tup:.

1st half- we started well and forced Lazio defenders to work pretty hard, vice versa later on, they got pretty solid legs outside the penalty area. Was more like 50-50.

2nd half- Football wise we were better we used our chances they didn't and therefore we deserved to win.

Buffon 7.5

Caceres 6.5
    Legro 6.5
    Chiellini 6
    Grosso 6

Melo 6.5
    Marchisio 7.5 :star:
    Camoranesi 5.5

Diego/Giovinco 6.5

Amauri 6
    Trezeguet 5.5

Tiago NR
    Molinaro NR

Ciro 7, Resting Cannavaro and keeping Trezeguet till the end were pretty good choices. Tactics and Formation were just like last two games, nothing to complain about but to praise you, Bravo Ciro.

Calcio

Aug 21, 2009
    Before blaming all on Caceres, lets take into consideratiopn that Camoranesi didnt do his job to support and help him, and we could see a big difference whwn Marchisio swithed side.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
    Dec 27, 2005
    I voted for refferee, couse he was sooo bad. Maybe he helped us on few occasions, but made far too much wrong decisions, and I really can't believe that every contact with Lazio player is foul and especially how they always managed to take it quick.

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    Giovinco: "I made the right choice to stay and refuse any other destination, I'm playing with the best team in the world."

:juventus:

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    for me dude, caceres was only one time fooled by kolarov. all the other times, kolarov just made a cross or passed the ball. the kid was awesome.

you should see alla the facts.

- he is only 22
    - it was his debut
    - he has played in a new position for him
    - he had camo in front of him that was bad and didn't help him at all
    - we were playing against a not so easy team away
    - he had against him the best player of lazio today

do you think still that hi did bad??? personally i am very happy with his performance, apart from the goal. i think that we may have our next rb right here.
    I don't rate players in a match any higher or lower because of their age or their newness in a position. It's based on merit, and the merit wasn't there today on defense.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Looking at this game, I was wondering how we will react to this game when 7 of our players featured for the Azzurri and others for their NT's
    And plus we were without Del Piero, Sissoko and we lost Diego at 0:0.

Adding the NT players that were being given a rest, we won the match without Diego, Del Piero, Sissoko, Cannavaro, Zebina and Iaquinta.

I think we just passed the squad depth test, don't you think? :)

May 22, 2007
    Giovinco: "I made the right choice to stay and refuse any other destination, I'm playing with the best team in the world."

:juventus:
    I didn't know selling him was an option, sounds totally ridiculous to consider that.

This is really a great position we are in to have a player who can cover so well for a player like Diego.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 69)