[Serie A] Lazio 0-2 JUVENTUS, Sep 12th 2009- 3rd Round (11 Viewers)

Lazio - Juventus : Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Caceres

• Legro

• Chiellini

• Grosso

• Diego

• Marchisio

• Melo

• Camo

• Trezeguet

• Amauri

• Giovinco

• Tiago

• Molinaro

• Gervasoni (ref)

• Kolarov (Lazio)

• Ferrara (coach)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gotte

Mar 21, 2009
What about:
Buffon
Grygera(?) Cannavaro Chiellini Grosso
Tiago Poulsen Marchisio
Diego
Amauri Iaquinta

Maybe Canna should rest but he can make it. Grosso need to play a game with the team before the important clash against Bordeaux in CL. The center midfield is not that easy to pick. All of them have played for they several nations last week. Even if Iaquinta (who looks in very good shape) played both games for Gli Azzurri he should play vs Lazio and rest against Bordeaux. Del Piero-Amauri in the CL. We are very lucky that Diego is rested. Thank God for that.

Lazio - Juventus: 1-3.

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
Well...Amauri always work hard outside the box, which may provide Trez the space to get the service he need to score... :xfinger:
Amauri never convinced me outside the box, he has his moves but he doesn't look natural there ..

I think they will work just fine. They don't have to work if they receive proper service.
I'll wait and see .. I can only wish you're absolutely right!

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Never seen how this combination could work!

I mean yeah they're both world class, but I don't think they click!
About the only time they played together in a competitive match, Amauri created a goal for Trez against Palermo.

Will be great to see Trez back in the team.

YasoR17

Mirkofan #1
Jul 4, 2008
Ferrara examines Lazio options

Juventus boss Ciro Ferrara praised tomorrow’s opponents Lazio in a top of the table showdown, but announces he’ll rotate the squad.

Both clubs lead the standings with a 100 per cent record from two Serie A games, while the Biancocelesti have won the Coppa Italia and Italian Super Cup since May.

“This is a match that can give us an extra push if it proves to be positive,” said the Coach.

“We are facing a team that has the same points and motivation as we do, but are also going through a fine period of form.

“I am pleased to take them on when they are in such good shape. I really like [Julio] Cruz, both as a player and a person, while [Tommaso] Rocchi has always caused us problems in the past.”

Rocchi does have an excellent scoring record against Juve, as indeed does ex-Inter striker Cruz, but the Italian is in doubt with a knee problem.

Ferrara has problems of his own to contend with, as although it made him proud to see seven Juve players in the starting XI of Wednesday’s 2-0 win against Bulgaria, it also affects fitness.

“The players came back from international duty in good physical and psychological condition. Felipe Melo will join us directly in Rome.

“We need to evaluate [Vincenzo] Iaquinta’s condition carefully, as he could be rested ahead of the other big games we have from now until Christmas.

“After all, this is why we have a large squad. [Zdenek] Grygera has a few niggles and if he doesn’t make it then [Martin] Caceres will step in.

“Del Piero is on the road to recovery and is in the squad.”

http://www.football-italia.net/sep11m.html

Looks like we might see Cáceres' debut on the right back position from start:agree:

Jiawy

Jul 7, 2008
Official:

20 players leave for Rome. Del Piero and Grygera stay at home

Two weeks since the last match, the championship for Juventus continues in Rome. After having won away to the giallorossi, Ferrara’s team will try to repeat itself against Lazio.

The coach will not be able to count on Alessandro Del Piero. The captain has not yet fully recovered and will remain in Turin to try and be ready for the match against Bordeaux on Tuesday. Besides the captain, the other players who will not be leaving for the capital city are Grygera, who returned with a problem from the match with Czech national team -, Zebina, Salihamidzic and Sissoko.

Twenty players have been called-up for the match on Saturday night. Felipe Melo will join the team directly in Rome.

1 Buffon
2 Caceres
3 Chiellini
4 Felipe Melo
5 Cannavaro
6 Grosso
8 Marchisio
9 Iaquinta
11 Amauri
12 Chimenti
13 Manninger
16 Camoranesi
17 Trezeguet
18 Poulsen
19 Molinaro
20 Giovinco
28 Diego
29 De Ceglie
30 Tiago
33 Legrottaglie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)