[Serie A] Lazio 0-2 JUVENTUS, Sep 12th 2009- 3rd Round (20 Viewers)

Lazio - Juventus : Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Caceres

• Legro

• Chiellini

• Grosso

• Diego

• Marchisio

• Melo

• Camo

• Trezeguet

• Amauri

• Giovinco

• Tiago

• Molinaro

• Gervasoni (ref)

• Kolarov (Lazio)

• Ferrara (coach)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
You're missing my point here Curr....we don't know he can't defend because he has never really been put in a position where he had too. He did fine on the left side of midfield where he had to track back, all he needs to do is get stuck in and that is all Camo ever really does anyway. It is not like Camo is an excellent man-marker. His job is to get the ball anywhere in midfield and make something happen as is Gio's job. Just like Camo has Melo/Sissoko/Marchisio for cover, Gio would be given the same perks and freedom to run with speed. Gio, IMO, is quicker than Camo is nowadays.

You can't compare Trez defending to Gio defending at all. Trez is a striker, Gio is a midfielder and should be played in their positions. Otherwise, what the heck is the point of keeping Gio? Just "incase" Diego gets hurt or at 24 years old gets tired? I don't see why we couldn't just try him there. Some people here are so confident that an clumsy only left footed De Ceglie should play in our midfield. If people would want to put DC in a 3 man midfield with absolutely hardly any use of his right foot, clumsy with the ball at his feet, and shaky defending then I don't see why it would be a problem to try a near ambidextrous, quick, creative little genius like Gio in a 3 man midfield instead of letting him sit on the bench all the time.

You put two strong, complete DMs like Sissoko/Melo and an almost Marchisio next to Gio just like we do with Camo I am confident Gio will produce the same results.

Camo doesn't really defend, he gets pissed and commits silly fouls anyways. Whenever he loses the ball, honestly how many times have you seen Camo bust his ass back to get it back? Not often because he just stops and waits for our D to get it back.

:edit: Another point here...in a 3 man midfield our 3 mids need to be extremely mobile, ESPECIALLY the creative one because they are the spark needed to ignite the attack. DC is not mobile for one, he is limited because of his inability to use his right foot effectively, so to I suppose strengthen my "argument"...the fact that Gio is so willing to use either foot necessary and ABLE to do so makes him quite capable to do the job in a 3 man midfield. He can do the Camo role nicely where he would make himself available to get the ball. Look how well he turns with the ball at his feet (Chelsea game last year in CL to site an example).

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
You're assuming I want to put PDC in midfield.

We have loads of players whose natural positions are in midfield (in the "3") so I don't see any reason to try to convert anyone else to one of those positions anyway.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
You're assuming I want to put PDC in midfield.

We have loads of players whose natural positions are in midfield (in the "3") so I don't see any reason to try to convert anyone else to one of those positions anyway.
First...señor currlasogoalaso, I am stating that many here (not necessarily including you) are ok with DC in the mid ( I am not one of them). Second señor, I am not saying we should "convert" him to that position...just try him there and who knows, maybe he excels and we don't let a perfectly good young talent collect dust like a book on a bookshelf.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Ok, I don't see why we should try it though. Everything's going fine and we have lots of cover for those 3 positions.
:sergio:

You are a hard one to persuade. You're right, everything is going fine. Maybe it would be better with Gio:D Just saying....maybe halfway through a second half with a 2 goal cushion to sub Camo off.

Just say OK...I'm not going to bed until you at least partially agree we could try it.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
:sergio:

You are a hard one to persuade. You're right, everything is going fine. Maybe it would be better with Gio:D Just saying....maybe halfway through a second half with a 2 goal cushion to sub Camo off.

Just say OK...I'm not going to bed until you at least partially agree we could try it.
Well, yeah! We could probably sub Chimenti on in midfield at that stage and still hang on to our 2 goal lead.

If we did bring Gio on instead of Chimi :D, and he did well then sure that would be great.

Go to bed. :D

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Well, yeah! We could probably sub Chimenti on in midfield at that stage and still hang on to our 2 goal lead.

If we did bring Gio on instead of Chimi :D, and he did well then sure that would be great.

Go to bed. :D
Not sure that was the answer I was looking for, but I will take it :weee:

:thumbs:

Jasp

Mar 19, 2009
@Hustini

I think you underestimate Camoranesis ability to put in a physical fight, which despite any will to do, never will suit Giovinco.

One of the issues is that Giovinco first choice of position is as trequartista which means he is more likely to seek the same space as Diego - whereas Camorenesi is more likely to go wide.

Futhermore I think Gio has a tendency to go out of the games, which is not good in a 3 man midfield. If you have a bad day it is still important you put up the defensive fight.

I must admit I dont think Gio will play much this season, and I am starting to think we may should try get at good trade in:(

sebastian

Jul 24, 2002
Who has sport1 over here in the netherlands? I just watch the programming of them this weekend and no Juventus is on that list. So i send them an angry mail. if more people would do that maybe they will broadcast more juventus games.

Jasp

Mar 19, 2009
if you cant see it - you can buy the games on canal+ now: http://www.csports.dk/ works like a charm but dont know what happens if you try to order from other countries than dk - worth a shot imo.

The price is 6 € (or in that range)

But do still send them angry mails for not showing juve !

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
Giovinco can replace Del piero and play as a second striker i belive he will do great things in that position with Diego...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I must admit I dont think Gio will play much this season, and I am starting to think we may should try get at good trade in:(
If so, we should cut costs and eliminate our Primavera, because it will therefore be deemed worthless if we don't even have a place for one of its best graduates in history.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
:tup: haha that's why I wanted to at least try him somewhere else where he might be successful and get more time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)