Serie A Kick-off to Be Delayed (1 Viewer)

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
League fear kick-off delay Monday 21 July, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are fears that the start of the new season could be delayed for the second year running.

There are problems getting the new ‘Gioco Calcio’ pay per view TV channel up and running which will rival ‘Sky Italia’ – the group formed by the merger of ‘Stream’ and ‘Telepiu’.

"There is a possibility that the start of the season will be put back," said Antonio Matarrese, Vice-president of the Italian Football League.

"I really do think that it will be very difficult to kick-off on time. We’ve spoken about it at the League and will discuss the matter further this week."

Serie A and Serie B are both scheduled at this time to start on August 31 and August 30 respectively.

The start of the 2002/03 campaign was delayed for two weeks after smaller clubs struggled to agree financial terms for rights to show their home games.

Why does this has to happen every year ?? sh*t now we will have to wait longer :down:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
This would be bad, since there is already a time limit when they can finish cos of the impending European Championships.

OP
Signor

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    this will result in compressed matches in less time.Oh how i hate this.I was already excited and prepared for the start of the season.Damn it :down:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)