[Serie A] Juventus vs Treviso (43 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
i hope they picked the "apropriate" cam,
regardless our captain scored many valid goals in his glorius carrier that were unfairly dissalowed(last year against Liverpool to name one) and definitly doesnt have any less goals than his record indicates...

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Cronios said:
i hope they picked the "apropriate" cam,
regardless our captain scored many valid goals in his glorius carrier that were unfairly dissalowed(last year against Liverpool to name one) and definitly doesnt have any less goals than his record indicates...
I acidently quoted your post from page 35 or something, and you are here.;)

I agree with you, not to forget how important that goal against pool was gonna be..:(

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Esteban said:
Agree to most of it, but... did Chiellini do something to you personally or what? :rolleyes:
Chiellini was absolutely terrible and could have cost us a goal with sheer bumbling stupidity at the back. In a match against Treviso in which they pose very little threat on their right flank...yes I think he deserves a 4.5.

And hell, if Fiore recieved a 4 from Datasport tonight, a 4.5 might even be nice for Chiellini...

-Tom

Nov 16, 2004
I thought that Chiellini did well. He made a mistake that led to a counter-attack, but apart from that he did a good job, IMO.

He seems to be improving, some games before I thought that Capello could absolutely use the injured Gigi Buffon as leftback with similar results...

Right now I like him on the left, of course you can't compare him to Zambro - who's fine on the right, after all.

rokkstar

Feb 2, 2005
I know I'm a bit late but yay yay a Juve Win !!!

Ibra MOM.... two superb assists, an attacking threat all night.

Great for dP to get his goal, and unlucky on that great free kick back off the woodwork.

Forza Juve!!!

rokkstar

Feb 2, 2005
Yes, I'd agree with Tom, Chiellini did exceptionally well on the left flank except from that near bungle at the back. Great attacking minded fullback.

As for Zamboy, he literally was playing as en extra wide man on the right, covered well by Kovac at the back. Great stuff!

Zebina who?!?

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
RochemBeck said:
Chiellini was absolutely terrible and could have cost us a goal with sheer bumbling stupidity at the back. In a match against Treviso in which they pose very little threat on their right flank...yes I think he deserves a 4.5.
And hell, if Fiore recieved a 4 from Datasport tonight, a 4.5 might even be nice for Chiellini...
Oh Come on, he did many things right in that game, it was one mistake that didn't merit the 4.5, I'd give him 6.5 . He played Ok on defense but more is that he made good crosses and made the shot that led to Trez's goal, which technically can be considered an assist.
And he had one shot abit above the bar with the power to shame even Roberto Carlos! Blistering shot!

Abbiatti : 6.5, Goal wasn't his fault, looked confident

Canna : 7, Solid defense

Kovac : 6.5 solid also but not as dominating as Canna

Chillieni : 6.5 Again, apart from the mistake did good

Zambrotta : 6.5 consistant preformance

Emerson : 7 Held the midfield and distributed the ball left right.

Blasi : 6 did his job, nothing more

Camoranesi : 7, Good crosses and good runs

Mutu : 7 Scored, Shined! made good runs and dribbles

Zlatan : 7.5 2 assists and many good passes, hard to outshine this guy

Trez : 7 Silent but deadly as usual

DP : 7 Scored, didn't doo much other than a great free kick which was unlucky

Neddy : 6.5 Came on and became alive

Zalayeta: - he did come on right?

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Juventus 3 - 1 Treviso
Parravicini 25 (T), Mutu 34 (J), Trezeguet 43 (J), Del Piero 82 (J)
Stadio Delle Alpi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treviso had given the Bianconeri a scare in Turin, but they fought back to notch up another victory.

The leaders faced Treviso for the first time in their history and nobody expected anything but a Juventus victory. Alberto Cavasin earned a 2-2 draw with Palermo on his debut last Sunday and hoped to build on that performance, even though striker Luigi Beghetto was out injured. The Bianconeri were weakened by bans for Lilian Thuram and Patrick Vieira, so Robert Kovac and Manuele Blasi stepped in.

Adriano Zancope' comfortably held a David Trezeguet header, but the first real scoring opportunity was for Treviso. On 16 minutes, Cottafava's looping effort on a corner kick was fingertipped over the bar by Christian Abbiati.

Incredibly, it was little Treviso who took the lead after 25 minutes. Galeoto cut back for Parravicini's fierce and precise angled drive that beat Abbiati into the far corner of the net.

Juve struggled to create chances, but Giorgio Chiellini's spectacular volley was over the bar.

Moments later, the Bianconeri equalised with their first real scoring opportunity. Zlatan Ibrahimovic found space on the right and rolled across for Adrian Mutu to bundle the ball in from six yards.

Juventus turned the game around completely on the stroke of half-time. Chiellini's low cross from the left found Trezeguet, who was kept onside by Fabio Gallo, and it was child's play for the Frenchman to tap in.

Ibrahimovic performed a stunning trick to flick a cross up with his heel for Emerson at the back post, but the Brazilian could only blaze over the bar.

Mutu had two good chances to double his tally, but missed the first and saw the second on an Ibrahimovic assist deflected wide. Treviso also went close, Cottafava's header comfortably saved by Abbiati.

Manuele Blasi's low drive on a Del Piero assist was wide of the near post. Substitute Alessandro Del Piero ensured the points were safe in the final minutes by firing in an Ibrahimovic cross from the right from six yards.

Del Piero should've had a brace, but his curling free kick slammed the crossbar with Zancope' beaten.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus: Abbiati; Zambrotta, Kovac, Cannavaro, Chiellini; Camoranesi, Emerson, Blasi, Mutu (Nedved 75); Ibrahimovic (Zalayeta 84), Trezeguet (Del Piero 69)

Treviso: Zancopè; Galeoto (Giuliatto 46), Cottafava, Gustavo, Dossena; Della Fiore, Parravicini (De Martino 65), Gallo, E Filippini; Pinga (Fava 65); Reginaldo

Zlatan made the two assists for mutu and trez to score.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
rokkstar said:
Yes, I'd agree with Tom, Chiellini did exceptionally well on the left flank except from that near bungle at the back. Great attacking minded fullback.
I only got to see this week's highlights. But from what I've seen of Chiellini thus far, the guy has some nerve to mouth off as he had about how he deserved first-team play time or be transfered ... and then to come up with the kind of performances he has thus far.

Keep your mouth shut until you've been there and have proven you can deliver.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Most of you are being far too harsh on Chiellini. His determination is like no other player, great ability to penetrate defences, he has some good on-the-ball skills and some good technique. He also set up a goal, which was definately NOT a shot on goal.

He is a young player with some room and time to improve, his crossing, positioning and defence could be better granted. He was an asset yesterday though, as he did not give anything costly away defensively and contributed with an assist. Add to that him and Zambrotta give us some extra width and passing options in offense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)