[Serie A] Juventus vs Treviso (40 Viewers)

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
I never really posted any full match reports before, most of my comments were just stand alone comments about a player or an incident. But since I was nominated for the player rating project, I believe I should dazzle you with my match analysis skills (or totally embarrass myself:p). Your feedback and comments (positive and negative) will be deeply appreciated.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First and foremost the most thing that really bugged me is the first 30 minutes of the match, total domination but really no will power. We just seemed relaxed and taking Trevisio lightly. This really amazed me actually, especially after Milan's match yesterday where Lecce almost got away with a point. The team seemed physically fit but not mentality fit, where believe it or not mental fitness plays a major role more than you could imagine. Only when we got stung from Treviso did we realize the precarious situation we were in. Its like Trevisio awoke the sleeping giant, where the giant should've been awake in the first place.

Abbiati should not be blamed for Trevisio's goal. IMO Canna over-anticipated where he should've tackled directly, and our defensive midfielders should't give such space for attackers to shoot. Other than the goal and a corner saved bravely by Abbiati Trevisio was not much of a threat.

The goal we conceded put our players under pressure and started playing more responsibly, even though the first two goals didn't seem to come from well organized attacks (especially the second goal where I don't know if Chiellini was crossing or passing or shooting, it was more of a fluke).

In the second half we seemed more effective and organized. Total domination again and well built attacks. Zlatan seems to finally forgo his old selfish ways and created a lot of chances with his same ol' bad boy attitude. As for Mutu, I believe that he has had a good match, but for reasons known to all, he seems more intent to show his abilities than moving the ball.

My ratings for the players today:

Abbiatti: Wasn't really tested except for one header and did well. Is not to blame for the goal. 6

Chiellini: After watching him in the previous 4 or 5 games, today I declare this player is over-rated. He is totally useless on the offense. Lots of bad crosses and passes. He produced one good shot though. 4

Kovac: Not really tested 6

Cannavaro: IMO he is to be blamed for the goal. Also his long passes really bugged me. But all in all I think its unfair to give him less than 6.

Zambro: Wore the captain's armband. His forward runs were effective even though most crosses in the first half went bad. 6.5

Mutu: As mentioned earlier, was more intent on keeping the ball and showing his skills. A very nice move in the second half that almost produced a goal. good game. 7

Emerson: Held the middle well along with nice ball distribution. 6.5

Blasi: Was almost invisible in the first half. The second half he had a good forward run on the counter but delayed passing the ball to Alex. He also had a nice shot. 6

Camo: Seems to be off-form these days. Really bad crosses and not really effective. 5

Trezeguet: Other than the goal he was invisible also. 6.5

Zlatan: IMO man of the match. Although I think there is some problem between the communication with Trezeguet. For example in the first half he headed a ball very badly because of the sun glare, even though Trezeguet was in a much better position to score. But all in all, I am happy that he left his old ways of selfishness and created chances and distributed the ball very well. 8

Del Piero: The new King of Turin! Scored his 180th goal and broke the record :D. Also I was happy to see his set piece shot that hit the bar. I hope the old set piece Ale is back. Even though he didn't have enough time to prove his worth, he scored a goal. Or as the commentator of Al-Jazeerah said " Plays a little, scores a lot....speaks a little, does a lot". 8

Nedved and Zalayeta....NA

Akerman

Oct 20, 2005
Can you choose to buy a long sleeve at Juvestore.com?

And by the way, I've tried to buy a Juve-sleeve for months but it continues to tell me that the item is in 0 pieces. Although it states Availability: High. Anyone knows what to do? I'm a member at the store and I've tried to order with both Internet Explorer and my default browser Mozilla Firefox. Help please!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)