[Serie A] Juventus vs Treviso (37 Viewers)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Another typical juve performance. Neglecting the Treviso opener, we never were in any real trouble. Treviso actually helped us win though, to be honest. Hadn't it been for their goal, we would not have gotten the jump start Treviso gave us and would've strolled on playing slowly and aimlessly. It was also the eyes opener, the defence needed as they had fallen asleep. The defence was lousy when Treviso scored, as the midfield(Blasi? Emerson?) should've covered the incoming Pavaracini(or however it is spelled..). Not much worries though, as within six minutes we were infront again. Besides against 'bigger' sides, our concentration would've been better and we would not have been caught napping.
Back to the goals that gave us the lead: The first one was a masterpiece, good team move set up by Ibrahimovic, who made a good one-two with camo and made a good low cross afterwards for Mutu to simply slide in.
The second goal was a typical Trezeguet goal, assisted by the overlapping Chiellini.

In the second half, we went back to our slow-paced selves. Pretty uneventfull, except for the Zlatan show. The Zlatan show being both negative and positive.
Positive, being his good tricked mixed with results. His childish reactions to everyime he lost the ball, being the negative. Del Piero killed off a harmless Treviso at the end of the match through another Zlatan assist.

All in all, i'm quite positive about this match. We played with little effort. We played better when we had to and looked solid in every position, including the bench.

Ratings.
Abbiati: 6
Kovac: 6 Pretty invicible, but made some good interceptions.
Cannavaro: 6 Pretty active, but did not do anything that special to rate him better than Kovac.
Zambrotta 6.5 Has played more comfortable and very attacking, without neglecting defensive duties. Does well in attack, which he often starts off. Some good initiatives from him.
Chiellini 6.5 The more modest version Zambrotta(skillwise). Impressed me more and more, with each game. Had an assist today, good award for a good match. Our fullbacks seem as one of the most important aspects of our team, as they defend well and are very involved in all the attacks.
Emerson 6 Some great passes, but a bit slow.
Blasi 6 Not that visible, but not bad either. Giving him below the 6 is a bit too harsh.
Camoranesi 6 Some good moves, but was very quiet the second half.
Mutu 7 Very active and some excellent moves capped of by a goal, which gives him the extra .5.
Ibrahmovic 6.5 Some great moves, but his childish antics, though very amusing, are unneassary.
Trez 6 Typical performance.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I'm happy we managed to win the game and grab the 3 important points.

I wasn't Impress at all with Juve's first half we didn't manage to take a shot in 30min untill Adrian Scored.

Second half went way better we showed some good Football, Ibra was superb in couple of moments. It seems he started learning when to pass the ball...thats a good thing. Hope he can continue on this way.

It was Obvious we kinda missed Patrick in this match not that it was a tough game or anything but It shows that there are some space in the midfield needs his presence. I'm waiting for him against Fiorentina.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abbiati.....Was only busy in a couple of shots....The goal he conceded wasn't his fault. I'm still happy with his performance, too bad we have him onloan. 6

Zambrotta....Didn't like his first half at all, he couldn't cross not even pass and he wasn't concentrating at all....The Second half he got his head on the pitch and started doing good. Tho he could have done better. 6

Kovac....He covered the space well and didn't allow anybody to enter from his side. I'm happy to have such a good repl defender. 6.5

Canna....Though he takes some blame of the first goal, but Fabio is just a Rock. Sometimes I enjoy more watching him than watching Ronaldinho. It's pretty obvious that for a player to over-take or pass Canna needs to work hard....But hard...6.5

Chiellini...He failed to Impress me today, did couple of mistakes could have costed the game probably when we were 0-1 down. If he was to play against Fiorentina, I hope he can keep his head on the pitch and Focus more. 5.5

Emerson....Probably one of the best players in the First half....Second half didn't do much...because the ball position was with us most of the time. Though It's better to have Patrick next to him...much Safer! 6

Blasi....I may disagree with lot of members today, The guy didn't do alot, that was obvious, but he was trying his best. His passes could not be that perfect but he was running alot giving the opponent hard time to open their space. Anyhow we all know that Patrick could have done better. But.....5.5

Camoranesi....Also Failed to Impress me today...the game somehow is moving slower when the ball is between his legs....He never tries to open with Zambrotta, he's always there to cross. I didn't see him getting back and helping. 5

Adrian Mutu....The guy isn't given enough time to prove himself, He's my Man of the match today, Though Zlatan also deserve it. But Mutu is just doing great whenever he's asked to play. His First goal changed everything. We started playing better after he scored. It would have been better for Capello to Subs Camoranesi with Neddy instead of taking Adrian out. 7.5

Zlatan....Was the most entertaing player, as I said up there, I'm glad he started knowing when to pass the ball....He did couple of wonderfull things. But again he should know how to keep himself Calm and not to get into troubles he's lucky not to recieve a yellow Card today. Well done overall. 7.5

Trezeguet....Was somehow invisible today. Though he scored, he did nothing apart from that. I would give him 6 just for the goal nothing more. 6

Del Piero....Juve's legend and Top scorer of all time. This player is just phenomenal. I really feel sorry that in these kind of moments he's not able to get a regular starting place. He's Inform doing great and scoring almost in every single game he's playing. Not to forget he only played for like 25min, If I'm not mistakken. That Freekick should have went in.
I'm glad to have such a Captain with his mentality and such a player to be Juve's top scorer of all time. Grande Alex. Grande Capitano. 6.5

Nedved-
Zalayeta-

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
RochemBeck, Vinman and Cronios good reports. Seven, good view but your ratings are a bit fluctuating, I thought that the whoe team had a close performance.

I want to read more reports, I would like to give all members a chance. Ket us say we are all in a test period.

Dominic and Azzurri7, also well done.

More people more.

Shall we all who wrote reports copy them to a thread called Report testing?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Seven said:
I still think Cap doesn't have a solution for this problem. Either Mutu, Del Piero or Camoranesi should step up and take that playmaker role.
Well, we could always move Camoranesi to the center of the pitch and have three players play behind Trezeguet in a 4-2-3-1 system, however then again we will lose Mauro's crosses from the flanks. I still think the best option is to play a 4-3-3 in which Camo can play on the wing and in the center, as well as fielding Mutu in a free role up top in which he can roam around and come back to pick up the ball in midfield.

Buffon

Zambrotta - Thuram - Cannavaro - Chiellini

Camoranesi - Emerson - Vieira

Zlatan - Trezeguet - Mutu

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Jeeks said:
Shall we all who wrote reports copy them to a thread called Report testing?
If I had moderator powers I would open a closed thread and post selected match reviews in there, of course not making the thread available to post in.

We could also have a match report page in the general part of the forum..

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
RochemBeck said:
If I had moderator powers I would open a closed thread and post selected match reviews in there, of course not making the thread available to post in.

We could also have a match report page in the general part of the forum..
Maybe this will happen when all is set up, but for now just for us to see who's writing good reports and giving ratings. Maybe in earlier times there were people writing reports and ratings that we did not notice in the big messy match thread.

I will open the thread.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Perhaps you should have created it in Team talk...not to be picky or anything. :D

But like I said, hopefully Keith can create a page in the matches section where we can post the match reports of specific members...like the editorial page or something.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
RochemBeck said:
Perhaps you should have created it in Team talk...not to be picky or anything. :D

But like I said, hopefully Keith can create a page in the matches section where we can post the match reports of specific members...like the editorial page or something.
That's not a big deal, any moderator can move it.

May 4, 2004
Vinman said:
For much of the match, I felt we played down to Treviso's level

We lacked concentration in the beginning of the match, but I felt as though Mr. Miyagi must have gotten into some of their ears and said "CONCENTRATE DANIEL-SAN " !!!!:D

When we did start to play, Treviso didnt have a chance, IMO...

Here are my player ratings-

Abbiati: not too much to do. 6.

Chiellini: not impressed by him....he makes some very amateurish mistakes. Accidentally assisted on Trez's goal...I would feel much safer with Pesso/Zebina on the right, Zamby back on the left. 5.5

Zambrotta: I think he's better offensively on the left. 6.

Cannavaro: Wasn't too busy in there, did what he had to. 6.

Blasi: No glaring mistakes today..which is surprising for the "bus driver" 6.

Kovac: nice to finally have a decent sub at CB...see Canna. 6.

Emerson: missed an absolute sitter from Zlatan, but we didnt sign him as a goalscorer.....seemed to fatigue later into the game. 6.

Camo: a few mistakes, a few good plays...so so today 6

Mutu: I still see him as a striker, and he proved why. Good overall match. 7.

Ibrahimovic: The flick in front of the net to Emerson alone gives him the MOM...he passed well and showed he can be a team player. HE NEEDS TO CALM DOWN AFTER BEING FOULED...He is always a red card risk, IMO. 7,5.

Trezeguet: He scored when he had his chance, and was invisible much of the time. 6.

Del Piero: I have to borrow Seven's analysis on this one-" A goal and a ball on the crossbar. That's pretty good for a sub. I don't know why people believe he isn't even in contention for a first team spot". 6,5.

Nedved: IMO..he comes in the game, and brings Juve's energy to the next level. 6.

Zalayeta: - not in long enough

CONGRATS DP FOR THE RECORD !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nice rating..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)