[Serie A] Juventus vs Treviso (32 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Well, a cold afternoon in Torino witnesses a slow start for the team. The first 30 minutes the players seemed to be holding possession and not knowing what to do with it. During these minutes Treviso manage to create some chances but it was in the 25th minute where they caught Juventus napping and managed to take the lead in a well executed chance.

After the goal, Juventus seem to wake up and start conrtrolling more and push forward until Mutu equalizes after an Ibrahimovic cross from the right.

Chiellini managed to make some runs afterwards, shooting at the goal and by the end of thehalf delivering a ball to Trezeguet's most beloved spot. Taking the lead and letting his team set the second half they want.

The second half starts different from the first, where Juventus play with the character we got used to. Shutting down the opponents, slowing the pace when they have the possession and running fast towards treviso when possession is regained.

Capello does something new today by making the early substitution. Trezeguet who has done his job was replaced by Del Piero. After a few minutes on the pitch, the Juventus captain scores from a Zlatan cross from the right to break the record and become Juventus' all time scorer with 180 goals. Del Piero manages to hit the post from a free kick as well.

Abbiati was solid and cannot be blamed for the goal, the shot was somehow unreachable. Did some good saves and his presence was well. 6.0

The defenders did a good job and were all in the same performance. Kovac and Cannavaro were solid and did not make any mistake. 6.5 each.
The flanks were also solid and both Zambrotta and Chiellini did some good runs feeding the forwards. Chiellini gets a 6.5 for the assist and Zambrotta gets a 6.0

The midfielders were good, not creating much but cotrolling the ball. Mutu was our best player on the pitch in the first half and managed to equalize. I would give him a 7.0
Emerson was solid as usual but looked tired at times and that was mainly due to the fact that he had to work twice as hard and not only that, he had to cover for the vaccuum created by Blasi. Emerson gets a 6.0 and Blasi gets a 5.5 who has just there just because he was there.
Camoranesi played a better game than he has been playing earlier and did feed the forwards. He was active and he moved pretty much. 6.0 for Mauro.

Trezeguet was invisible as usual but managed to recieve a goal from Chiellini to net in the lead. Apart from scoring, nothing much to mention. 6.0
Zlatan was lively, moving a lot and creating havoc in the opponents defence lines. Assisiting two goals and doing a lot of work deserves a 6.5

Del Piero, just because he managed to break the record, score a goal and hit the post I will give him a 6.5.
Zlayeta - no rating.

All in all the ratings for this match were a bit difficult as the whole team performed the same way more or less. Good game, solid performance and three more points in the bag. Looking forward to meeting Fiorentina twice in the coming week.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Greta Game!!

My man of the match is a tie between Zlatan and Mutu, the later must start more games.

DP scores his 180 goal, FORZA Capitano!!!!

Nice win, Treviso gave us a early scare, but we put our things togueter after the goal and after that it was all Juventus.

Its a shame that RAI showed the Inter game, so I dint get to see the full match

Anyway Forza Juve.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Typical Capello Juventus performance in which we were terrible in the first half, however picked up our play rather nicely in the second. For the first 30 minutes or so of this match Treviso matched us and in some parts actually were able to outplay us, and that really is pathetic I'm afraid. But after the Parravicini goal we suddenly woke up from our ridiculous stupor and started to play football, especially on the flanks where Mutu, Zlatan, and Camoranesi had total control of the game from there on out. After a good interchange by Camoranesi and Zlatan we got our first goal and the second came shortly after.

In the second half we played much better and looked so much more convincing...however nothing about the game provided something to write home about. We created a few decent chances and Del Piero :star: easily tapped home the third goal while Treviso basically sat back trying to cope with our pressure. Reginaldo gave us a couple scares in the second half and in some respect Treviso could have ended the match with more goals because we suddenly went to sleep again around the 75th minute or so. Del Piero had a rocket of a freekick slam against the crossbar and was unlucky not to get his second.

The defense was pretty much solid tonight apart from a few minutes of sleepiness that could have cost us even more...apart from that Treviso did not test us that much. The midfield was pretty good despite the absence of Vieira, however Blasi continues to show why he has to compete with Giannichedda just for a few minutes on the pitch. As I stated earlier, the flanks were very sound as Camoranesi and Mutu both played rather well tonight. The attack was just as sluggish as usual, however Treviso could not cope with us on the flanks and their defense struggled to mark our boys in the box. Same tactics from Capello as usual, however at least he gave Mutu the start so I'll give him a fraction of a point for that.

Abbiati really was not tested that much.

Zambrotta was solid, not tested defensively, and worked his way up the flank periodically during the match.

Kovac was particulary solid in Thuram's absence.

Cannavaro same with Kovac.

Chiellini was particulary awful today and if he continues like this we will be in trouble. His passing and crosses were terrible and he looked like an entirely different player than in this past week's performance against Brugge.

Camoranesi had a decent match and combined very well with Zlatan on the right flank.

Emerson was quietly solid today.

Blasi worked hard and all but gave the ball away too much and added nothing to our attack.

Mutu was man of the match in my opinion as he totally carried us in the first half of play. This man needs to start more regulary...that's all there is to it. How many times have I said this?

Trezeguet might have touched the ball five times and one of those was a brilliant tap in. Another sound performance.

Ibrahimovic was another candidate for man of the match because he was fantastic in the second half, toying with defenders and not giving the ball away so easily. He also set up two of our goals, so this improvement is great to see.

Del Piero broke the incredible record tonight and could have added another...brilliant performance from Il Capitano.

Nedved came in for a few minutes and made some decent plays.

Zalayeta might have touched the ball a couple times. First match since missing the dreaded penalty against the Aussies.

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
the first 30 min of each match just keeps annoying me, we play as if we were in training. any team can own us in these min. and if the score more than 1 we are finised.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
My ratings:

Abiatti -6.5 good game,did a few good saves,he couldnt do nothing to prevent that goal

Zambro -6 very average almost a ghost in the forst half,a few crosses in the second

Kovac -6 average, chalenged or involved a little

Canna -6.5 he was the leader of our defence,the other defenders always make place for Canna to come in and make the interception,stopped almost all Treviso counterattacks alone

Chiellini 6.5 he did some mistakes defensively but had a good contribution in the offence,he is improoving and gaining his confidence

Mutu 7.5 he was very positive,almost no mistakes,he did many runs,croses and shoots,also a couple of times moved up in the center and demonstrated some playmaker skills, MOM with Zlatan if Cap wouldnt subbed him and sould use him more...

Camo -6.0 did a lot of work(runs and crosses) but was very uneffective,esp in the first half, add some mistakes too

Emo -6.0 good defensive job,covered the missing Vieira but failed to contribute effectively in the attack,3very bad shoots,he was asked to do more than a player's work

Blasi -5.0 it would be worse if he wouldnt improove in the second half,
he did many mistakes and gave Emo a headache

Zlatan -7.5 he didnt scored but he did the rest,he was so unpreddictable even his teammates coudnt follow him,but he had some frustrated moments too,
he was arrogant but not that egoist...

Trezequet -7.0 smth more than the usual Treze,he scored but he also track back some oponents and help a little to build our games,saw him 2times in our flanks to build up a counterstrike,u cant see this everyday

Del Piero -7.0 he came in and did his job,his 180th goal was an offside but the legend scored many more dissallowed goals,nice FK

Zlayeta -5.5 touched 3times the ball and did 2 mistakes

Nedved -6.0 he did some runs,he was up to it but Mutu was fairly the first choice

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I want to add that Mutu takes my man of the match award and not Zlatan. This is due to the fact that he was the better player in the first half and this is where we needed a better player. Good performance Adrian, i hope we see more of him.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
For much of the match, I felt we played down to Treviso's level

We lacked concentration in the beginning of the match, but I felt as though Mr. Miyagi must have gotten into some of their ears and said "CONCENTRATE DANIEL-SAN " !!!!:D

When we did start to play, Treviso didnt have a chance, IMO...

Here are my player ratings-

Abbiati: not too much to do. 6.

Chiellini: not impressed by him....he makes some very amateurish mistakes. Accidentally assisted on Trez's goal...I would feel much safer with Pesso/Zebina on the right, Zamby back on the left. 5.5

Zambrotta: I think he's better offensively on the left. 6.

Cannavaro: Wasn't too busy in there, did what he had to. 6.

Blasi: No glaring mistakes today..which is surprising for the "bus driver" 6.

Kovac: nice to finally have a decent sub at CB...see Canna. 6.

Emerson: missed an absolute sitter from Zlatan, but we didnt sign him as a goalscorer.....seemed to fatigue later into the game. 6.

Camo: a few mistakes, a few good plays...so so today 6

Mutu: I still see him as a striker, and he proved why. Good overall match. 7.

Ibrahimovic: The flick in front of the net to Emerson alone gives him the MOM...he passed well and showed he can be a team player. HE NEEDS TO CALM DOWN AFTER BEING FOULED...He is always a red card risk, IMO. 7,5.

Trezeguet: He scored when he had his chance, and was invisible much of the time. 6.

Del Piero: I have to borrow Seven's analysis on this one-" A goal and a ball on the crossbar. That's pretty good for a sub. I don't know why people believe he isn't even in contention for a first team spot". 6,5.

Nedved: IMO..he comes in the game, and brings Juve's energy to the next level. 6.

Zalayeta: - not in long enough

CONGRATS DP FOR THE RECORD !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Paolo Sosa said:
the first 30 min of each match just keeps annoying me, we play as if we were in training. any team can own us in these min. and if the score more than 1 we are finised.
good to know we think alike

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Seven said:
Just a try-out :D.

Abbiati: Did what he had to do. 6,5.

Chiellini: I'm still not impressed with the lad, but he didn't make any vital mistakes. His passing needs to improve soon. 6.

Zambrotta: Ok game from our captain, but I was disappointed with his offensive actions, he was far too predictable and didn't always know what to with the ball. 6.

Cannavaro: Didn't have much to do, but IMO the goal was partially his fault. 5,5.

Blasi: Not good enough. He played a horrid game, although I do believe he's capable of a lot more. 4,5.

Kovac: Didn't do much, simply because it wasn't necessary. 6.

Emerson: Looked slow and tired, yet didn't make any mistakes. Defensively he was alright, but if you're a central midfielder you need to show something in attack as well. 5,5.

Camoranesi: Fed the forwards and was creative in going forward. Not a brilliant performance though. 6.

Mutu: Our second best man out there and I simply don't understand why he's not always in the starting line up. He still seems a bit nervous, but I would consider to play him as the playmaker we so badly need. 7.

Ibrahimovic: MOM. A great performance of our giant Swede, although he still hogged the ball at times. Whenever he didn't, he was brilliant. Seems like he finally learnt how to play football. 7,5.

Trezeguet: Scored a goal, which is pretty much what he's there for. Other than that he wasn't involved in play much. 6.

Del Piero: A goal and a ball on the crossbar. That's pretty good for a sub. I don't know why people believe he isn't even in contention for a first team spot. 6,5.

Nedved: Didn't get very much time, but he wasn't very impressive either. Played a neat ball to Del Piero though after a splendid run without the ball. 6.

Zalayeta:
-
Well, that's what my ratings of today would look like.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
My match ratings:

Abbiati 5.5

Zambrotta 6
Kovac 6
Cannavaro 6
Chiellini 4.5

Camoranesi 6.5
Emerson 6.5
Blasi 5
Mutu 7

Ibrahimovic 7
Trezeguet 6

Del Piero 6.5
Nedved and Zalayeta no rating

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Seven said:
Alright, so Treviso gave us a scare there. Other than that they weren't that threatening, but Juve surely weren't great either. I still don't think we play good football and I still believe that's why we keep having troubles against smaller sides.

If you have been paying attention we play without playmakers. Sometimes Vieira is taking up that role, but today our central midfielders barely touch the ball. What amazes me as well is that if the ball is one side of the pitch, we won't cross it. If Zambrotta has the ball for example he will automatically play it to Camoranesi. That way we are predictable and much depends on the strength of our wingbacks and wingers. And they haven't been doing well TBH.

The first goal was a stunning piece of football by Zlatan who, for once, kept it simple and did what he had to do. The second was just lucky, because Chiellini obviously wanted to shoot. All in all, we depend on luck way too much.
I still think Cap doesn't have a solution for this problem. Either Mutu, Del Piero or Camoranesi should step up and take that playmaker role.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)