[Serie A] Juventus vs Treviso (40 Viewers)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Juventus 3 - 1 Treviso
Parravicini 25 (T), Mutu 34 (J), Trezeguet 43 (J), Del Piero 82 (J)
Stadio Delle Alpi

Treviso had given the Bianconeri a scare in Turin, but they fought back to notch up another victory.

The leaders faced Treviso for the first time in their history and nobody expected anything but a Juventus victory. Alberto Cavasin earned a 2-2 draw with Palermo on his debut last Sunday and hoped to build on that performance, even though striker Luigi Beghetto was out injured. The Bianconeri were weakened by bans for Lilian Thuram and Patrick Vieira, so Robert Kovac and Manuele Blasi stepped in.

Adriano Zancope' comfortably held a David Trezeguet header, but the first real scoring opportunity was for Treviso. On 16 minutes, Cottafava's looping effort on a corner kick was fingertipped over the bar by Christian Abbiati.

Incredibly, it was little Treviso who took the lead after 25 minutes. Galeoto cut back for Parravicini's fierce and precise angled drive that beat Abbiati into the far corner of the net.

Juve struggled to create chances, but Giorgio Chiellini's spectacular volley was over the bar.

Moments later, the Bianconeri equalised with their first real scoring opportunity. Zlatan Ibrahimovic found space on the right and rolled across for Adrian Mutu to bundle the ball in from six yards.

Juventus turned the game around completely on the stroke of half-time. Chiellini's low cross from the left found Trezeguet, who was kept onside by Fabio Gallo, and it was child's play for the Frenchman to tap in.

Ibrahimovic performed a stunning trick to flick a cross up with his heel for Emerson at the back post, but the Brazilian could only blaze over the bar.

Mutu had two good chances to double his tally, but missed the first and saw the second on an Ibrahimovic assist deflected wide. Treviso also went close, Cottafava's header comfortably saved by Abbiati.

Manuele Blasi's low drive on a Del Piero assist was wide of the near post. Substitute Alessandro Del Piero ensured the points were safe in the final minutes by firing in an Ibrahimovic cross from the right from six yards.

Del Piero should've had a brace, but his curling free kick slammed the crossbar with Zancope' beaten.

Juventus: Abbiati; Zambrotta, Kovac, Cannavaro, Chiellini; Camoranesi, Emerson, Blasi, Mutu (Nedved 75); Ibrahimovic (Zalayeta 84), Trezeguet (Del Piero 69)

Treviso: Zancopè; Galeoto (Giuliatto 46), Cottafava, Gustavo, Dossena; Della Fiore, Parravicini (De Martino 65), Gallo, E Filippini; Pinga (Fava 65); Reginaldo

Ref: Racalbuto

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Just a try-out :D.

Abbiati: Did what he had to do. 6,5.

Chiellini: I'm still not impressed with the lad, but he didn't make any vital mistakes. His passing needs to improve soon. 6.

Zambrotta: Ok game from our captain, but I was disappointed with his offensive actions, he was far too predictable and didn't always know what to with the ball. 6.

Cannavaro: Didn't have much to do, but IMO the goal was partially his fault. 5,5.

Blasi: Not good enough. He played a horrid game, although I do believe he's capable of a lot more. 4,5.

Kovac: Didn't do much, simply because it wasn't necessary. 6.

Emerson: Looked slow and tired, yet didn't make any mistakes. Defensively he was alright, but if you're a central midfielder you need to show something in attack as well. 5,5.

Mutu: Our second best man out there and I simply don't understand why he's not always in the starting line up. He still seems a bit nervous, but I would consider to play him as the playmaker we so badly need. 7.

Ibrahimovic: MOM. A great performance of our giant Swede, although he still hogged the ball at times. Whenever he didn't, he was brilliant. Seems like he finally learnt how to play football. 7,5.

Trezeguet: Scored a goal, which is pretty much what he's there for. Other than that he wasn't involved in play much. 6.

Del Piero: A goal and a ball on the crossbar. That's pretty good for a sub. I don't know why people believe he isn't even in contention for a first team spot. 6,5.

Nedved: Didn't get very much time, but he wasn't very impressive either. Played a neat ball to Del Piero though after a splendid run without the ball. 6.

Zalayeta: -

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
Did you see that FREAKIN FREE KICK THAT ALMOST TORE DOWN THE GOAL !!!!!!!!!!!!? DECEPTIVE STRONG AND BRILLIANT, I'm still gasping my breath !!!!

Someone upload---- > PLEASE ! :) :cool: :agree:

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Seven said:
Just a try-out :D.

Abbiati: Did what he had to do. 6,5.

Chiellini: I'm still not impressed with the lad, but he didn't make any vital mistakes. His passing needs to improve soon. 6.

Zambrotta: Ok game from our captain, but I was disappointed with his offensive actions, he was far too predictable and didn't always know what to with the ball. 6.

Cannavaro: Didn't have much to do, but IMO the goal was partially his fault. 5,5.

Blasi: Not good enough. He played a horrid game, although I do believe he's capable of a lot more. 4,5.

Kovac: Didn't do much, simply because it wasn't necessary. 6.

Emerson: Looked slow and tired, yet didn't make any mistakes. Defensively he was alright, but if you're a central midfielder you need to show something in attack as well. 5,5.

Mutu: Our second best man out there and I simply don't understand why he's not always in the starting line up. He still seems a bit nervous, but I would consider to play him as the playmaker we so badly need. 7.

Ibrahimovic: MOM. A great performance of our giant Swede, although he still hogged the ball at times. Whenever he didn't, he was brilliant. Seems like he finally learnt how to play football. 7,5.

Del Piero: A goal and a ball on the crossbar. That's pretty good for a sub. I don't know why people believe he isn't even in contention for a first team spot. 6,5.

Nedved: Didn't get very much time, but he wasn't very impressive either. Played a neat ball to Del Piero though after a splendid run without the ball. 6.

Zalayeta: -
Good report, but u missed out Trezeguet

Tifoso_old

Aug 12, 2005
Ratings:

Abbiati 6
Chiellini 6.5
Canna 6
Kovac 6
Zambrotta 6.5
Camo 6
Emerson 6
Blasi 6
Mutu 7.5
Trezeguet 6.5
Ibra 7 but an arrogant basterd aint he? started fightes with anybody that dared tackeling him
Del Piero 180 a legend

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
Great win for Juve! We completely owned them from start to finish, except maybe the first 20 minutes of the match. Even though the final score was 3-1 it could of easily been 5-1 if we would of scored all our good chances.

Mutu was great, he ran allot, gave a cuople nice passes and scored the first goal. Very good match from Mutu.

Zlatan was my MOM He gace two assists and twice passed a player free with the keeper. But both times missed by Mutu and Emerson. He created freekicks and had an overall great game.

Trezeguet scored the very important 2-1 goal after a chiellini shot was deflected and landed on his foot.

Dp came in with 15 minutes left(or was it 25?) and scored his legendary 180th goal. Had a nice freekick also, palyed very good from the short amount he was given.

The rest of the squad was good and played solid nut nothing worthy of mention.

Great match and Great Juventus side we are seeing. FOrza Juve!! Peace im out

Chaplain

Nov 22, 2005
Zlatan said:
Yeah, dont know how many compared to this time this year.

Doesn't matter, I think it's about a goal less and a few assists less. Is there an assist chart anywhere? I'd like to see the whole serie a/cl assist ranking thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)