[SERIE A] JUVENTUS vs Torino (10/25/08) (14 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
And what excellent players we have in the team right now that we can put out ? Marchionni ? are kidding me? If we had camo fit then he would start no questions asked. But now its different, ffs we have to put neddy in the middle to accommodate those injuries.

Am actually tired of Ranieri going into games without a plan and we get burned. Just have a look at the napoli and palermo games where the team was just thrown out without any direction and hamsik ran rings around us. At least against madrid he switched brazzo to be on the same flank with robben.

When in our history have we had a defence this bad? Thats why you need to make plans and actually think of a way to deal with other teams. We have no plans, passing or posession game whatsoever and recently we can't even dictate the tempo against any teams. So you tell me when in juve's history did we face these conditions.
dude i understand your frustrations, i share them as well. i just dont think brazzo is someone who is going to improve our possession or passing as you said in your last paragraph. i said marchionni shouldnt be put in first rather i would bet you gio would do just fine on the right. with the players we have available it should be in this order: Gio first, marchionni second, then brazzo as a last choice unless he gets put in later in the game to protect a lead. All i am saying is we need to attack teams, look at napoli...they attacked us still with the same consistent lineup they always use, they dont (and didnt) change their formation to play us. Look at brazzo for example, its not like today torino is going to start someone to cover brazzo, why would they?

I agree I am tired of ranieri have no clear plans it seems when the whistle blows at kickoff but have a team that will attack is not something I would consider "no plan". Whats wrong with us attacking a team from the get go for a change? I see what your saying and brazzo would be a good choice as a sub to cover a lead or if someone gets injured but we need to go balls out and "get" the win, not just assume to play a counter attack. And neddy playing in the middle against real was not that bad, he can still orchestrate play much better than marchisio or sissoko did that game. It was a gamble yes but he still did ok (maybe not great) but i tell you for sure brazzo will play no better on the right as neddy did in the middle against real.

And to try to strengthen my arguement, you said we cant even dictate play against teams. Is brazzo that type of player to you that will dictate the pace of the game? Break up plays yes but thats about it. he is a hard running/working player but honestly everyone out there should be at this point, we dont have the luxury of taking it easy. I wish camo was fit otherwise no one would be in this dilemma, camo would be a given.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Unless we played a 4-3-1-2 then i could see brazzo as a mid with gio right behind the strikers...i would agree to that.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
dude i understand your frustrations, i share them as well. i just dont think brazzo is someone who is going to improve our possession or passing as you said in your last paragraph. i said marchionni shouldnt be put in first rather i would bet you gio would do just fine on the right. with the players we have available it should be in this order: Gio first, marchionni second, then brazzo as a last choice unless he gets put in later in the game to protect a lead. All i am saying is we need to attack teams, look at napoli...they attacked us still with the same consistent lineup they always use, they dont (and didnt) change their formation to play us. Look at brazzo for example, its not like today torino is going to start someone to cover brazzo, why would they?

I agree I am tired of ranieri have no clear plans it seems when the whistle blows at kickoff but have a team that will attack is not something I would consider "no plan". Whats wrong with us attacking a team from the get go for a change? I see what your saying and brazzo would be a good choice as a sub to cover a lead or if someone gets injured but we need to go balls out and "get" the win, not just assume to play a counter attack. And neddy playing in the middle against real was not that bad, he can still orchestrate play much better than marchisio or sissoko did that game. It was a gamble yes but he still did ok (maybe not great) but i tell you for sure brazzo will play no better on the right as neddy did in the middle against real.

And to try to strengthen my arguement, you said we cant even dictate play against teams. Is brazzo that type of player to you that will dictate the pace of the game? Break up plays yes but thats about it. he is a hard running/working player but honestly everyone out there should be at this point, we dont have the luxury of taking it easy. I wish camo was fit otherwise no one would be in this dilemma, camo would be a given.
As i mentioned before i wouldn't mind seeing a midfield with both marchionni and gio with neddy and mommo. Neddy is going to play in the midfield because the other choice is 19 year old ekdal. Hopefully gio is an obvious choice and that leaves the right hand side between marchionni and brazzo. I don't mind either but i can see why brazzo could play as we don;t have the best defense.

However Without camo on that right wing and to some extent zanetti or poulsen in the middle i don't see us holding meaningful possession.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
I supose we could try Ekdal for 45 mins and if it doesnt work we could switch him with Giovinco and move Nedved to the centre.

Though I cant see Ranieri taking such a risk and also risk using a sub before the 2nd half.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
And what excellent players we have in the team right now that we can put out ? Marchionni ? are kidding me? If we had camo fit then he would start no questions asked. But now its different, ffs we have to put neddy in the middle to accommodate those injuries.

Am actually tired of Ranieri going into games without a plan and we get burned. Just have a look at the napoli and palermo games where the team was just thrown out without any direction and hamsik ran rings around us. At least against madrid he switched brazzo to be on the same flank with robben.

When in our history have we had a defence this bad? Thats why you need to make plans and actually think of a way to deal with other teams. We have no plans, passing or posession game whatsoever and recently we can't even dictate the tempo against any teams. So you tell me when in juve's history did we face these conditions.
Well said. We need to fix these problems, with or without Ranieri.

+REP

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
ok here is the weekly stupid question.....

how many more hours to the game?
Why is it so hard to understand this? I mean, this is a night game in Italy. That's pretty clear. When do nightly European football matches play in your time zone?

Even a dog learns by repetition. People should, too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)