[Serie A] Juventus vs. Inter (217 Viewers)

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Codino ] ++
real madrid dont make players, they buy players who are already famous. the youth system must be a failure, raul and guti the only stars. LOL
what a load of crap, get your facts straight before stating anything like that. Just check their squad more often, last season for example they had more homegrown talent on the pitch than Juve, inter and Milan combined, as far as I see it's the same this year too. They've got excellent superstars (Casillas, Raúl) and more importantly many many players for rotation such as Guti, Pavon, Soldado etc. etc. Not too shabby, specially if you compare that to Italy's big three.

off-topic, so what? This thread has been doomed a while ago.

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Erkka ] ++

what a load of crap, get your facts straight before stating anything like that. Just check their squad more often, last season for example they had more homegrown talent on the pitch than Juve, inter and Milan combined, as far as I see it's the same this year too. They've got excellent superstars (Casillas, Raúl) and more importantly many many players for rotation such as Guti, Pavon, Soldado etc. etc. Not too shabby, specially if you compare that to Italy's big three.

:dielaugh:
I just love it when your fed up.
Sharp as a knife.
You´ve got my respect.

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002

:groan:

ok ok. forca real madrid!!!!!

that should keep them quiet for a while

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Holygr4le ] ++

:dielaugh:
I just love it when your fed up.
Sharp as a knife.
You´ve got my respect.
:D

Thanks mate, I'm just really fed up with these people who won't bother to check the facts. To be honest, I was a bit disappointed when YOU didn't pm me even if I offered you a chance to learn something a while ago, I mean I'm sure that I could give you some fresh angles...

++ [ originally posted by Codino ] ++

ok ok. forca real madrid!!!!!

that should keep them quiet for a while
:groan: I goddamn hate those bastards. Fvck real globetrotters.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by TonyMontana ] ++
I see, suddenly i am not allowed to critize players when they have a bad game, the hypocricy of this forum is laughable and some of you are very funny.
It's like a home-work for you, whenever we finish a match, the first thing you do is criticize Del Piero. FFS, Lets cheer for a while and be happy when we win, as you can see I'm really trying my best not to turn Zlatan Vs Dp in every single match....So try to do the same instead of moaning and whining all the time.

Thank you.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004

this is exactly the reason why they are fvcked up every year.
just compare these bastards with chelski, chelsea buy players for every positon and they buy players the coach want. but real buy only famous players. can you explain me why do they buy julio Baptista and let him play in defensive midfield? Baptista is a striker. Real don´t know what they are doing, and it is good for everybody else :D

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Azzurri7 ] ++

It's like a home-work for you, whenever we finish a match, the first thing you do is criticize Del Piero. FFS, Lets cheer for a while and be happy when we win, as you can see I'm really trying my best not to turn Zlatan Vs Dp in every single match....So try to do the same instead of moaning and whining all the time.

Thank you.

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Azzurri7 ] ++

Thank you.
The first part simply isnt true, if you check the match threads for this whole season you will notice i only critized Del Piero on two occasions. So that is hardly the first thing i do, i havent got a clue how you got that impression.

I cheer and am very happy when we win.

I never moan and whine however i always give my opinion and that is usually when others start to moan.;)

Peace

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by TonyMontana ] ++

The first part simply isnt true, if you check the match threads for this whole season you will notice i only critized Del Piero on two occasions. So that is hardly the first thing i do, i havent got a clue how you got that impression.

I cheer and am very happy when we win.

I never moan and whine however i always give my opinion and that is usually when others start to moan.;)

Peace
Check your prev posts after the game against Inter. I'm not the only one to notice that.

I'm glad you're happy whenever we win. Thats a good thing.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Just because you don't bring up players through the youth system doesn't mean you don't develop talents.
The matter of fact is that young players need games to mature & improve but big teams need to win now and just don't have spaces for 18 and 19year olds, beside most of them won't be good enough to make it at the top. For every Rauls and Ikers, there are many Miniambres, Rubens, Pavons, Raul Bravos et al and they are reason why Mardrid isnt winning trophies anymore - squad simply isnt big enough.
So why Mardrid has water thin bench? This is due to the fact that Perez hasnt got a clue about the game and spends all his money on couple of famous players. Meaning, he has to be pretty tight on the wage budget for rotation players. So their reliance on young players is more of a necessity than belief on their youth system.
Juve, on the other hand, has followed completely different transfer strategy that relates more on the team's need than players profile. Furthermore, Juve is a lot more willing to invest in relatively unknown young players than Real. I mean there is no way Real would have bought Zlatan from Ajax - simply because he isnt famous enough. And Juve have phenomenal record of taking relatively unknown players into next stage - Zizou, Deschamp, Pippo, Davids, Montero, Ferrara, Trezeguet, Pessetto, Torricelli, Conte, Di Livio Zambrotta all made their worldwide reputation than vice verse. There are many ways of developing talents than just giving youth players couple of opportunities and I feel Juve way of hand picking big stage ready 23-25 year olds is a better strategies because (1) you get quicker returns & (2) you are much more certain about player development than at the younger age.
Beside, every teenage footballer is overrated.

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
Just because you don't bring up players through the youth system doesn't mean you don't develop talents.
The matter of fact is that young players need games to mature & improve but big teams need to win now and just don't have spaces for 18 and 19year olds, beside most of them won't be good enough to make it at the top. For every Rauls and Ikers, there are many Miniambres, Rubens, Pavons, Raul Bravos et al and they are reason why Mardrid isnt winning trophies anymore - squad simply isnt big enough.
So why Mardrid has water thin bench? This is due to the fact that Perez hasnt got a clue about the game and spends all his money on couple of famous players. Meaning, he has to be pretty tight on the wage budget for rotation players. So their reliance on young players is more of a necessity than belief on their youth system.
Juve, on the other hand, has followed completely different transfer strategy that relates more on the team's need than players profile. Furthermore, Juve is a lot more willing to invest in relatively unknown young players than Real. I mean there is no way Real would have bought Zlatan from Ajax - simply because he isnt famous enough. And Juve have phenomenal record of taking relatively unknown players into next stage - Zizou, Deschamp, Pippo, Davids, Montero, Ferrara, Trezeguet, Pessetto, Torricelli, Conte, Di Livio Zambrotta all made their worldwide reputation than vice verse. There are many ways of developing talents than just giving youth players couple of opportunities and I feel Juve way of hand picking big stage ready 23-25 year olds is a better strategies because (1) you get quicker returns & (2) you are much more certain about player development than at the younger age.
++ [ originally sig that Jun-hide used at the time for my reply] ++
A funny incident- Tedesco, captain of Perugia, was sad to find that his car was stolen. Later, he noticed that somebody returned the realizing that it was Tedesco's with a note saying that "sorry for incovenience"
God post.

Great sig!

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Maresca78 ] ++

this is exactly the reason why they are fvcked up every year.
just compare these bastards with chelski, chelsea buy players for every positon and they buy players the coach want. but real buy only famous players. can you explain me why do they buy julio Baptista and let him play in defensive midfield? Baptista is a striker. Real don´t know what they are doing, and it is good for everybody else :D
Right,and there is now good team without a good defence.They don't pay attention on that part of the team,their defenders are unsolid.
Team made of strikers,that is real madrid in one sentence.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by giovanotti ] ++

Right,and there is now good team without a good defence.They don't pay attention on that part of the team,their defenders are unsolid.
Team made of strikers,that is real madrid in one sentence.
cheers gio.:D

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
Agreed with all this, it's quite obvious, isn't it.

++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++So why Mardrid has water thin bench? This is due to the fact that Perez hasnt got a clue about the game and spends all his money on couple of famous players. Meaning, he has to be pretty tight on the wage budget for rotation players. So their reliance on young players is more of a necessity than belief on their youth system.
But I partly disagree here. It's not necessity for them to believe on their youngsters, I mean they got the biggest brand along with Juve and ManU. They also don't pay hilarious wages to their galacticos, they've got their own "wage roof" (sorry, don't know the correct expression) and they suirely make hell of a lot money with those stars (of the past if I may add :D). They're not stupid businesswise, Perez knows his business but not his football. Not to mention that they did improve with their depth, guys like Diego, Pablo Garcia and Cicinho aren't as bad as Pavon, Minambres etc.

By the way, last time I checked, Totti was the player with biggest wages on the globe, followed by Lampard. Real Merda's stars weren't even that close to the top.

++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++Juve, on the other hand, has followed completely different transfer strategy that relates more on the team's need than players profile. Furthermore, Juve is a lot more willing to invest in relatively unknown young players than Real. I mean there is no way Real would have bought Zlatan from Ajax - simply because he isnt famous enough. And Juve have phenomenal record of taking relatively unknown players into next stage - Zizou, Deschamp, Pippo, Davids, Montero, Ferrara, Trezeguet, Pessetto, Torricelli, Conte, Di Livio Zambrotta all made their worldwide reputation than vice verse. There are many ways of developing talents than just giving youth players couple of opportunities and I feel Juve way of hand picking big stage ready 23-25 year olds is a better strategies because (1) you get quicker returns & (2) you are much more certain about player development than at the younger age.
Agreed again, thanks for stating the obvious.

Mindcandy

Aug 4, 2005
Spent very happy Sunday with pals from Drughi Arditi on Curva Sud.

Great to see Inter merde reduced to 5/10 performances. Figo, Adriano, Materazzi, Cordoba, Stankovic.

Cannavaro and Thuram awesome. Abbiati played well. Difficult condotions in appalling weather.

Adrian Mutu will help us keep perfect record against Messina 15/10 at 20.30 CET.

Weekend made perfect by Romanista defeat at hands of Siena:D:D:D

Much fun had keeping Inter players awake at Jolly Hotel Ligure night before match.:D

Forza Drughi - Forza Juve

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Of course many most of the points are obviously, after all we are all humans!:). Anyway I have to pain in the butt and will make of couple of points clear.
Your logic of Real having better record of developing "home-grown" talents is pretty much spot on in terms of factual basis but - why do you want the limit in yourself in just developing "home-grown" talents when there is worldwide market with better prospect to develop? When evaluating clubs performance in player development, I think one must not be confine oneself to examining the number of players that have been raised from youth academy. In this respect, I believe Juve should have nothing to envy from Mardrid.
Secondly, as for Perez having good business acumen - I disagree completely. But I respect your opinion though.:). Obviously Real has been marketing their brand aggressively and the image of los glasticos has increased their revenue without any shadow of doubt. However, one must take consideration of the cost of marketing as well as benefit aspect of it. For every increase in the revenue Zizou's, Beckham's, Figo's have brought into the club, Real had to pay substantial amount of transfer fee - after all by basic economic theory prices of each players should reflect the future revenues streams these players would bring. Problem is Real have overspent on players like Zidane and Figo. They already had to right off something 38m on 6 years for Figo and I am pretty sure they will have to do same for Zizou since no sane club will spend a "cent" on him. Now add that to 6,7m Euros these players make each year, you get a sum that indicates these los galacticos costs you something like 13 ~ 14m per year. Given that Real makes 180m sterling pounds per year (by proxy), it is clear that sums simply don't add up and Real is seriously overypaying its stars through ridiculous transfer fees.
Beside, Real has become more of a laughing stock then prime stars. I mean, they lost to Verdy of all teams, a second last in J-League at the time of meeting - I mean washed up Washington looked like Zlatan in front of Real's defence. The game is hardly a matter of significant but it certainly didnt do their publicity any good. For a consolation though Man U lost to Urawa Reds - if that is any consolation. Also the whoe Beckham effect is being over exaggerated. Japanese aren't simply mad at soccer like Spanish or British are. All this means is that as much as Beckham is popular with girls, popularity won't translate into hard cash compared to, say, Korean actor Bae Young Jun. The major consumer of merchandise good, IMO, is young 15-18year olds who play the game rather than office ladies and they are very knowledgable fanbase rather than just following big name stars. The whole marketing should be based on winning games rather than selling team sheets because the game is played to win not show stars - Obvious fact, but Perez didnt know that.:howler::D.
After all, hardcore fanbase is what really matters and to please them you simply got to win. And by all account "Zizou y Pavon" was a massive failure and will not cut it in the future. I would rather develop talent to win rather than bringing up because you have spent lavish money on players who would sell more jerseys.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
My God! did you wanna write anymore? lol. Either way we beat Inter and hopefully can start some amazing run this season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 216)