[Serie A] Juventus vs. Inter (193 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
And let me call this out one more time: Capello did a great job for this match. He had the team prepared and motivated. The team came out ready to win. We simply owned these guys in the midfield, we created chances, and we capitalized on two of them.

And then Capello changed game tactics, proving that he learned something from playing against Mancini last season. The Inter trident came out again, but this time we were able to shut it down. Not pretty nor glamorous, but it finished them off and kept Inter from even getting close to getting back in this one.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Anyway,

I cant wait till see Italian press making fool of Inter again~!!:D.

I think it is matter of time before Italian press comes up something likes this

Who is better?

Adriano or Zlatan?:p

BTW, Andy

Who is your MOM?

Oct 1, 2002
surprise, Mancini didn't use his "we don't deserve to lose" template. :D

source = channel4.com

Fabio Capello and Roberto Mancini have both singled out the Juventus team spirit as the key to tonight’s victory.

“The final result is what’s important, but tonight we proved that we can match quality with a great temperament and character,” said the Juve Coach after the 2-0 win over Inter. “We were consistently determined all over the pitch and really wanted this win.”

Both goals in the Derby d’Italia came from set-pieces, scored by David Trezeguet and Pavel Nedved in the first half.

“We have two strong strikers who can hold up the ball and cause problems for their defenders, so we tried to make the most of that by earning free kicks. I was pleased with the concentration and humility shown by my side, as they allowed Inter very little and showed a great team spirit.”

Juventus have become the first Serie A side since the three points for a win rule was introduced to maintain a 100 per cent record after six games.

There was bad news for the Bianconeri, as all three substitutions were forced by injuries to Lilian Thuram, Trezeguet and Zlatan Ibrahimovic. The Swede was hacked down by a vicious Marco Materazzi challenge and Inter were fortunate to maintain 11 men on the field.

“Thuram was a doubt anyway and felt his condition worsen, so he was replaced as a precautionary measure. As for Materazzi’s foul on Ibrahimovic, the video images need no comment. I don’t want to launch accusations at anyone.”

The midfield was the key element in this victory and Patrick Vieira is taking on an increasingly important role.

“Vieira is a great player who can create play as well as break it up, but Emerson, Mauro Camoranesi and Nedved did the same job in midfield tonight,” noted Capello. “Gianluca Zambrotta started his career as a forward, but has become a fantastic defender and I’ve not found anyone who can beat him in a one-on-one. He’s fairly unique in that left-back position.”

Nerazzurri boss Mancini echoed Capello’s analysis of what won Juventus the Derby d’Italia.

“I think that Juve had that extra desire and aggression in the first half that we didn’t, which is disappointing,” said the Inter Coach. “Their pressure on our midfield stopped the service reaching our strikers.”

The visitors fought back after the break and brought some saves out of Christian Abbiati, but even with four strikers on the field couldn’t find a way back into the game.

“The players understood that their mental approach was the wrong one and tried to change that in the second half. Had we scored a goal, then it would’ve turned into a very different game, but we were unlucky with our finishing.”

Inter are now six points adrift of leaders Juventus and behind Milan and Fiorentina, who are tied together in third place.

“It’s not a disaster, as there are another 32 games to play, but we need to find that desire to dominate when it comes to big games like this.”

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++

BTW, Andy

Who is your MOM?
My MOM would have to go to either Abbiati or Emerson IMO. The former made some good saves to my amazement and Emerson really shut down Pizarro and Cambiasso in midfield.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Hanaukyo ] ++

juventus is not more important, all fans do here is complaining about zlatan anyway. In Sweden we appriciate his play in the national team. Here fans all they do is complain.

in fact, i dont give a damn about juventus anyway. I only care about zlatan.

bye.
Wow, what a surprise that is.

Good riddance.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003

Great Game by Juve! The Midfield won us the game, which might as well win the the title when the time comes..

Great Strike by Nedved from the set-piece!

Vieira and Zambi for mom IMO.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++

Vieira - He's the player I most trust near the ball this season. It seems that everytime he gets his touches, good things happen. And I never have to worry in defensive situations. Pure class. 7
Exactly Greg. I rarely see Vieira give the ball away and when he does even Zidane would be troubled to keep posession. I would not be surprised if Vieira is the most complete midfielder in the world.

My numerical ratings:

Abbiati 7
Blasi 5.5
Thuram 6.5
Cannavaro 7
Zambrotta 6.5
Camoranesi 6
Emerson 7.5
Vieira 7.5
Nedved 6.5
Ibrahimovic 6.5
Trezeguet 6

Kovac 5.5
Zalayeta 5.5
Del Piero 5.5

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Alucard Belmont ] ++

“It’s not a disaster, as there are another 32 games to play, but we need to find that desire to dominate when it comes to big games like this.”
I don't believe that Mancini said that.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
Abbiati - 6.5 Had a relatively quite game but was alert when he had to. One bit of criticism is that I think he is a tad bit slow rushing out.

Completely agree there, you could see on a few occasions that it took him a second too long to decide whether to rush out or not.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++

and if you count CL is 8 out of 8.

we have 100% in ALL our matches,not just scudetto!!!!!!!!!!!!
And supercoopa??????
I'm counting Seria A matches only,because counting the C.L matches we must to imply the Suparcoppa result too.It is better this way,without a loss!

No metter what we are counting we won tonight!!!!
Yaeh!!!:touched::)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

Completely agree there, you could see on a few occasions that it took him a second too long to decide whether to rush out or not.
He's in the process of gaining confidence. I am sure this game and his clean sheet will help that process. There was no doubt he was brave tonight though.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

I dont think Del Piero deserved a 6, the same rating as Zlatan and Thuram, who kept batteling with Adriano during the first half. IMO, this match proved why we need Zlatan and why we've become dependant on him. The minute he left the field our attack stopped existing. We basically had to defend for 50 minutes because we were unable to create one single decent attack, and altho a deal of the blame surely goeas to the tactics and decision to defend, I cant but not think things would have been different with Zlatan. Even when he isnt scoring or assisting, he's making something happen, releiving pressure of the midfield and defense. Without him tonight there simply wasnt anyone there to receive the long balls, there wasnt anyone to hold on to the ball and wait for support, and Del Piero and Zalayeta lost most of the balls seconds after receiving them. IMO Zlatan should have been replaced with Mutu, not Del Piero. Alex doesnt have the strenght for these kinds of physical teams, nor the speed to out run them. IMO we would have been much more effective with Mutu on the pitch.
Being unbiased, Zlatan?;).
Anyway, I agree with you. The biggest problem for Del Piero is he simply doesnt have upper strenght to keep off defenders or pace to run into open spaces. There is no doubt Alex is a special player who can still contribute but you need more than flicks and turns to become a dangerous attacker.
Mutu deserves his chance IMO.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I'm very happy with the way we slammed those Inter thugs, I'm a little surprised that none of our players left the field with long term or season ending injuries. I almost felt in the first half that Inter wasnt solely concentrating on scoring, but injuring our players as well

We had a perfect first half, and did what we had to in the second half to keep the lead.

As always, Trez doesnt do too much, but scores the goal !!

Zlatan had a nice free kick to set up Trez on the goal, and his passing was better

Vieira is sorely missed by Arsenal !!!

Abbiati had his best game as a Juventino

Will Neddy be able to walk tomorrow ???

What the hell was kovac thinking ??? (was that our only shot in the second half ???!!:D)

Blasi is shaky back there....so shaky that Lippi recalled him to the NT :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

DP didnt do well, but considering we sat back in the second half, he cant be blamed too much

same with Zalayeta....but he lacks too much, IMO....

Crap got it right today !!:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 193)