Serie A: Juventus vs Catania [May 11 , 2008] (1 Viewer)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Why not Rab?

We got what we wanted and we can't look better on table.Players are probably tired and this is the right time to give a chance to youth players.

Palladino and Tiago should get chance and games like this one could be good to test some primavera players like Pasquato or Esposito.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
There's no way players are tired. Playing once a week is more like fun to them.

These players need to play as much as they can together to adapt for the next season to have some chemistry between them. The more they play the easier it is for them it is for next season.

Maybe couple of players should only start from the bench. But other than that no need to rest IMO.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
About the match

I think it will be tough one.Catania badly need points to stay in Serie A.We did what we could and I must admit I'm happy with 3rd position.Games like this (especially against Catania) should not be taken serious and that's what clubs usually do as Greg pointed out already.Just gentleman agreement.I help you not get relegated and you help me next year if I need points for Scudetto.Why I said especially Catania?
Because they have something we need badly and something that we could use next year when we'll fight for first place...that is Vargas.People still don't understand that we could play him in middle sometimes.Player with qualities like his and especially with his age can't be easily found on transfer market for that price.

Their away record is very bad.They don't have any win while they have 5 draws and 8 lost matches.
If we head out for victory we're going to destroy them hard.

Their top scorers are Spinezi with 9 and Martinez with 7 goals.Third one is Vargas believe it or not with 6 goals.

Usually I'd go for victory and crush them but this way we could do something more useful.

May 15, 2007
There's no way players are tired. Playing once a week is more like fun to them.

These players need to play as much as they can together to adapt for the next season to have some chemistry between them. The more they play the easier it is for them it is for next season.

Maybe couple of players should only start from the bench. But other than that no need to rest IMO.
i think that the players goin to the Euros should get a rest, they need to be in best shape

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
-------------Van Strattan/Belardi---------------------
Zebina---------Legro--------Stendardo-------Grygera/Chiellini
Marchionni----------Tiago----------Sissoko------------Nedved
-----------------Trezeguet-------------Palladino/Del Piero

Give chances to those that didn't play much, plus rest players for the Euros, while keeping in the players who are still fighting for something, like the capocannoiere

pavelnedved

official nedved copy
Jul 15, 2006
About the match

I think it will be tough one.Catania badly need points to stay in Serie A.We did what we could and I must admit I'm happy with 3rd position.Games like this (especially against Catania) should not be taken serious and that's what clubs usually do as Greg pointed out already.Just gentleman agreement.I help you not get relegated and you help me next year if I need points for Scudetto.Why I said especially Catania?
Because they have something we need badly and something that we could use next year when we'll fight for first place...that is Vargas.People still don't understand that we could play him in middle sometimes.Player with qualities like his and especially with his age can't be easily found on transfer market for that price.

Their away record is very bad.They don't have any win while they have 5 draws and 8 lost matches.

Their top scorers are Spinezi with 9 and Martinez with 7 goals.Third one is Vargas believe it or not with 6 goals.

Usually I'd go for victory and crush them but this way we could do something more useful.
like getting ourselves to B again ?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I want us to win this game just to revenge the points we lost in the first game.
yes I agree, but Buffon should be rested because of his back. There is no need to risk hurting him even more for useless matches. Del Pie and Palla should start as strike partners.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
yes I agree, but Buffon should be rested because of his back. There is no need to risk hurting him even more for useless matches. Del Pie and Palla should start as strike partners.
I don't really care about Buffon's Euro campaign but I know where you're coming from.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
About the match

i thought we already did that in the Siena game so we get De Ceglie on the team.

I dont think a complete turnover is needed. Give some of the players that need to prove something a chance and Gigi should get his rest with Alex maybe getting 50 mins for the last game of the season.

A draw is on the cards, hopefully trezi or Alex score.

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
After Siena's performance, DP will wanna play like no mans business imo coz if his last 2 performances dont go that well, it could be bye to that Euro place he wants badly. I expect Catania to be destroyed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)