[SERIE A] Juventus - Udinese (14th September, 2008) (1 Viewer)

Man of the match

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Poulsen

• Sissoko

• Camoranesi

• Amauri

Results are only viewable after voting.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
I am not sure what happened to this site in the last few days but I do apologise for the late report as I did try yesterday to post but I could not get in here
http://www.footballclubsblog.com/2008/09/15/juventus-1-udinese-0.html
Wow man what a harsh ratings...all these 5.5...to Camo,Poulsen,Neddy,Grygera...
IQ & Amauri 6?

not fair,IMO.

IMO and as far as i see many think so,the team looked really well,both defensively and offensively,with abit more luck and accuracy it could have been easily 3-0 score.we did deserve it.
Udinese was kept back,and had no chances at all,besides the only mistake by Mellberg.

Let's hope for a performance on wednesday vs Zenit!

Forza Juve!

P.S
Good to see the Forums back on;)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I consider the performance to be pretty sound. The win was deserved and I'm pleased to see the defense and midfield hook up intricately in defending against some of our weaknesses (the defense). This is what should be happening with our team; where the defense and Buffon doesn't have to do much. I'm pleased to see that the idea behind the tactics has worked, as obviously that is an important indicator for future results.

But I'm certainly not pleased with Ranieri's decision making. Honestly, I don't understand what the man is doing with the substitutions and Giovinco. Bringing in David and Alex so late in the game is a meaningless change; they will not do anything because the volume of possession will be at the feet of Udinese. I believe the right moves would have been to bring on somebody who could cause havoc on the counter, a la a Giovinco, to push Udine's team back a bit. Each and every week I see Ranieri make these substitutions that could usually break the side instead of make it; meaning that his decisions could end up causing the weakness needed to concede a goal. Placing new strikers on the pitch at the 87th minute is something that has been proven to not work... so why do it?

Other than the usual Ranieri nonsense, I thought we played well. The defense was sound except for a couple lapses in concentration, which is mostly due to how Sissoko and Poulsen dominated the midfield. This is a facet of the team I enjoy even though I love fluent, attacking football. But with this fact comes my opinion that I hate how we always blast the ball up towards the forwards. This tactic will not work against quality defenses. I believe we should keep the ball on the ground, make sure Camoranesi and our left winger move around quite a lot, and have De Celgie and the right back hug the touchline so that we can exploit the opposition with forays due to width. If we are set on the straight 4-4-2, we need to have the width providing value, and I think De Ceglie showed he can put in some good crosses that we need.

Buffon - 8 - Amazing. Showing that he's the best keeper in the world and anybody who thinks Cech or Casi is better is an idiot.

Grygera - 6 - Solid. Made some good plays going forward as well. Much better than last week.

Mellberg - 6 - Solid, apart from a couple mistakes. MUCH better than last week, so this news is promising.

Chiellini - 7 - Beast. Best defender in Serie A in my opinion. Don't recall a mistake.

De Ceglie - 6.5 - Didn't see him making any mistakes, so that already makes him better than Molinaro. I thought his crosses were good as well, so he needs to start - always.

Camoranesi - 6.5 - Menaced the right side of the pitch like usual;liked how he drifted to the center of the pitch to get the ball.

Poulsen - 7 - Seven for how he did his job. Protected the defense and when he got the ball, he made good passes. This is what I like to see from a player in the center of the pitch - solid PASSING. I have harped long enough about our Blasis and Giannicheddas, so I'm glad to see a player who can get the job done without giving the ball away like a moron.

Sissoko - 6.5 - Protected the defense like a beast, as always.

Nedved - 6 - Looked good but he was getting tired.

Iaquinta - 5.5 - I personally didn't see him do much to trouble the opposition defense. I saw a lot of "mess-ups" with Amauri in terms of chemistry.

Amauri - 6.5 - Good job yo. Good goal and acted like a beast as always. However, he didn't hook up well with Yak.

David, Alex, and Marco - No rating.

Ranieri - 5 - Stupid substitutions once again and I'm becoming increasingly worried about Giovinco in this team. The kid needs to be in the squad no matter what. If we piss off Seba's agent or Seba himself, we are setting ourselves up for a disaster. The kid is talented and he should be in the team.

If Marchionni is in the team, Giovinco should start. That's pretty much the bottom line here and I don't want to fluck up another starlet due to idiocy such as "not thinking he's ready." Load of horse crap. Field Seba and lets turn him into a star.

Forza Juve

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
it's going to be hard for teams to create chances againt us when we have such a hard working dominating midfield.

by the way, anyone else think physically, we are the strongest team out there? Chiellini, Sissoko, Poulsen, Camo, Nedved, Iaquinta, Amauri are all physical players.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Clearly MOM is only between Poulsen or Sissoko. You should have put them in the same bracket, because they cant really be seperated performance wise. But being forced to choose, I pick Poulsen because I like the calmness he brings in the mid.
I picked Buffon because he was sick against some of those shots.

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
I have not posted here in ages but have always watched the juve games. Yesterdays performance has encouraged me to post, hopefully this is only the start and juve can build on this.

We played very good against the viola and while everyone wants to blame mellberg juve should have been 2 or even 3 goals up at that sage.

Similarly against Udinese we created so many chances and we are going to give some side a good beating soon.

What encourages me most is the cover in the squad is strong and under appreciated by everyone especially the media.

3 good centre halves in Cheillini,Legro and Mellberg plus the guy we signed from livorno whos name i cant spell as cover.

the same in centre midfield Momo, Poulsen , Zanetti , Marchiso and even Tiago if needed.

Upfront DP,Amauri, Trez and Iaquinta all top class.

Outwide Camo, neddy, Marchionni,Giovinco and Salih.

Fullbacks This is the one are we a bit short. RB we have Grygera,zebina and mellberg plus salhi if required, LB De Ceglie look promising,molinaro and even cheillini can be pushed out there in the even of an emergency.

And Alex Manninger is decent sub keeper. All and all with a bit of luck and some good management to keep all the squad players happy this could be a very good season.

Poulsen and Momo looked really impressive and were at the heart of everything good about the performace lets hope they can produce that week in week out.

And finally hopefully Seba Giovinco contract is sorted sooner rather than later and he gets some game time. I am really looking forward to the game against zenit which will be a good test as the are a v good side who attack with purpose and retain possession v well. It will be interesting to see Ranieri line up

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
it's going to be hard for teams to create chances againt us when we have such a hard working dominating midfield.

by the way, anyone else think physically, we are the strongest team out there? Chiellini, Sissoko, Poulsen, Camo, Nedved, Iaquinta, Amauri are all physical players.
Mellberg, Chiellini, Poulsen, Sissoko, Amauri, Iaquinta certainly wouldn't be much fun to play against.

I would say that Inter are still pretty similar to us physically, but we won't get bullied by anyone.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Someone else notice Ranieri talking to Sissoko somewhere during the second half? Consequently leading to Sissoko driving more forward in attack, leading to the goal.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I didn't notice.

Sissoko does love to fumble with the ball :D but is it just me or does he sometimes look clueless on what to do with it? if you notice he's body langauge, you can tell he looks undecided.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I'm pleased to see the defense and midfield hook up intricately in defending against some of our weaknesses (the defense).

The defense was sound except for a couple lapses in concentration, which is mostly due to how Sissoko and Poulsen dominated the midfield.
This is exactly what i've been telling you earlier this summer, Andy. You remember when we discussed Xabi Alonso vs Poulsen, and when i tried to explain the logic behind Ranieri's move to choose the Dane ?
I agree with you that the best thing to do was to strenghten the defense and add a playmaker, but since it was obvious that we weren't going to invest in defense, the most logical thing to do was to protect it with a strong midfielder who covers lots of space, who defends perfectly and still knows how to make a good pass.

You told me that no matter how much we strenghten the midfield defensively, it's going to be useless because the opponents will use the flanks and pass through our midfield with ease that way. Obviously, Momo and Poulsen will not let them do that because they're everywhere.
Yeah, a good point will be to mention Molinaro's absence, but i'm pretty sure that even if Moli played yesterday we'd have seen the same dominance in midfield.

I'm still mad that we didn't invest in our defense, but i must congratulate Ranieri on his choice to buy Poulsen. This is exactly why he wanted him.

P.S: I know that you rated Poulsen high and you weren't against him. You only prefered Xabi to Poulsen. I'm not saying that you thought Poulsen was a bad player. (although, there were many here who thought Poulsen is an awful player)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
For all you folk speaking about Giovinco not getting the chance in this game, he wasn't on the bench.

I thought he took got a minor injury playing for the Azzurrini.

Sep 2, 2004
We should've won be a much bigger margin, we played great dominated the match, had many chances, and everyone played great. LB is our weakest position, and Gygrera is good going forward but defending he is horrible.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
We should always talk about Sissoko and Poulsen together. It's the first time that i can say that signing Poulsen is better than signing Xabi Alonso. I feel we have the perfect pair in our midfield...

Momo has good dribbling, he is good going forward, he has a good shot, he is the main power of our midfield. On the other hand Poulsen is exactly what we need next to momo. He is more experienced, he has great shot, great passing and the best of all, he has cold blood. He does every time what he should, something that i don't thin momo can do...

I did a huge mistake by saying that Poulsen is a crap. Xabi is good for sure but Poulsen is what we need. Very good job Ranieri...

Last time i remember Juve playing such dominate football was some years before when we won Inter by 2-0. In this game Vieira and Emerson wew just perfect...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)