[SERIE A] Juventus - Udinese (14th September, 2008) (2 Viewers)

Man of the match

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Poulsen

• Sissoko

• Camoranesi

• Amauri

Results are only viewable after voting.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Nothing brings more satisfaction than to see Milan rock bottom of the table with 0 points. Impressive mercato and Scudetto favourites my ass. :lol2:
It's not just where they are, but also how they got there. More worrisome for Milan is that they didn't deserve the points in either match, given how they played.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
This is exactly what i've been telling you earlier this summer, Andy. You remember when we discussed Xabi Alonso vs Poulsen, and when i tried to explain the logic behind Ranieri's move to choose the Dane ?
I agree with you that the best thing to do was to strenghten the defense and add a playmaker, but since it was obvious that we weren't going to invest in defense, the most logical thing to do was to protect it with a strong midfielder who covers lots of space, who defends perfectly and still knows how to make a good pass.

You told me that no matter how much we strenghten the midfield defensively, it's going to be useless because the opponents will use the flanks and pass through our midfield with ease that way. Obviously, Momo and Poulsen will not let them do that because they're everywhere.
Yeah, a good point will be to mention Molinaro's absence, but i'm pretty sure that even if Moli played yesterday we'd have seen the same dominance in midfield.

I'm still mad that we didn't invest in our defense, but i must congratulate Ranieri on his choice to buy Poulsen. This is exactly why he wanted him.

P.S: I know that you rated Poulsen high and you weren't against him. You only prefered Xabi to Poulsen. I'm not saying that you thought Poulsen was a bad player. (although, there were many here who thought Poulsen is an awful player)
I know having our two destroyers in midfield will protect the defense pretty well, but time will tell whether our defense is strong enough. I don't really like our system but I just have to deal with that.

Daria_Uruguay

Aug 28, 2006
Hi guys!
I think Sissoko´s physical perfomance is embarasing for the rest of the players in the field. He is probably one of the most strong players in the world right now.
He is tough but not bad technically.

see you around! I ve missed you the last week

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Hi guys!
I think Sissoko´s physical perfomance is embarasing for the rest of the players in the field. He is probably one of the most strong players in the world right now.
This is what Benitez said about Sissoko today :

“The only player who covered more ground than Mascherano was Sissoko. Momo was amazing ......”

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Hi guys!

see you around! I ve missed you the last week
thats his role at the heart of the MF, I don't think the other guys would be ashamed as such...he can't really pass the ball as well as the other guys in the MF either, so everyone has their pros and cons

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
This is exactly what i've been telling you earlier this summer, Andy. You remember when we discussed Xabi Alonso vs Poulsen, and when i tried to explain the logic behind Ranieri's move to choose the Dane ?
I agree with you that the best thing to do was to strenghten the defense and add a playmaker, but since it was obvious that we weren't going to invest in defense, the most logical thing to do was to protect it with a strong midfielder who covers lots of space, who defends perfectly and still knows how to make a good pass.
You told me that no matter how much we strenghten the midfield defensively, it's going to be useless because the opponents will use the flanks and pass through our midfield with ease that way. Obviously, Momo and Poulsen will not let them do that because they're everywhere.
Yeah, a good point will be to mention Molinaro's absence, but i'm pretty sure that even if Moli played yesterday we'd have seen the same dominance in midfield.
I'm still mad that we didn't invest in our defense, but i must congratulate Ranieri on his choice to buy Poulsen. This is exactly why he wanted him.
I doubt that, we only got Poulsen because we couldnt afford someone better/more expensive. Not that Poulsen is a bad player, but we already had Zanetti for that role and Poulsen will never grow much better than him, he does not have Sissoko's potential.
He is a useful player, but not the great addition to our future's midfield and if it wasnt for Zanetti's injury, we would be wasting one of them on the bench, while still confront the same defensive and creativity problems.
If Secco and co-noobs, would be successful to offload Tiago, they would use that extra cash for a better choice, even if that means a DM who can pass/create or a CM who may defend. Probably the wisest choice, since we seem to have more creativity than defensive problems and already having such a player (Marchisio) one more would balance our team.
And i still believe that our wings are not raped, mostly because Neddy and Camo can defend!
(hopefully CR will not be afraid to use Giovinco because of that)
We practically defend with a keeper (Buffon should count as 1.5 though) +3DFs +Molinaro +2DMs +2x1/2 wingers = 7.5/11,
with Buffon and without Molinaro its a 8.5/11, we probably sacrifice too much to cover up for these defensive weakness,
considering that fixing this problem, not quite that hard, it makes not sense, other than the lack of will to invest, or the awareness of the situation...
I agree that Poulsen's and Zanetti's passing, offers more tactical choices than the one dimensional Nocerino, but its not such a great deal/big difference and yesterday we were not that good, because of that.
If it wasnt for Sissoko's break through on force, we could as well draw them, despite dominating the game.
Amauri and Iaquinta are some creative fighters, but they lack finishing,
Treze would finish the game with the half chances, but he would have created the half by his own. Then we could notice these problems much more easier.
(And DP is our all around joker, doing everything and saving the day when he is on fire...)
Soon or later we will pay this lack of creativity.
I still believe this team is not balanced, depending on our starters, we either have lack of
-creativity
-finishing
-super efficient cover for our weak defense

He's not a bad dribbler and his physique (similar to how Chiellini played as LB) helps him push forward and break through defences.
If it wasnt for that we wouldnt have scored.
Camo also added his touch and Amauri finished it,
but i think that without the extra help from our midfield we couldnt penetrate them enough for such an opportunity to appear,
esp from the front and without long balls...

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
I doubt that, we only got Poulsen because we couldnt afford someone better/more expensive. Not that Poulsen is a bad player, but we already had Zanetti for that role and Poulsen will never grow much better than him, he does not have Sissoko's potential.
He is a useful player, but not the great addition to our future's midfield and if it wasnt for Zanetti's injury, we would be wasting one of them on the bench, while still confront the same defensive and creativity problems.
If Secco and co-noobs, would be successful to offload Tiago, they would use that extra cash for a better choice, even if that means a DM who can pass/create or a CM who may defend. Probably the wisest choice, since we seem to have more creativity than defensive problems and already having such a player (Marchisio) one more would balance our team.
And i still believe that our wings are not raped, mostly because Neddy and Camo can defend!
(hopefully CR will not be afraid to use Giovinco because of that)
We practically defend with a keeper (Buffon should count as 1.5 though) +3DFs +Molinaro +2DMs +2x1/2 wingers = 7.5/11,
with Buffon and without Molinaro its a 8.5/11, we probably sacrifice too much to cover up for these defensive weakness,
considering that fixing this problem, not quite that hard, it makes not sense, other than the lack of will to invest, or the awareness of the situation...
I agree that Poulsen's and Zanetti's passing, offers more tactical choices than the one dimensional Nocerino, but its not such a great deal/big difference and yesterday we were not that good, because of that.
If it wasnt for Sissoko's break through on force, we could as well draw them, despite dominating the game.
Amauri and Iaquinta are some creative fighters, but they lack finishing,
Treze would finish the game with the half chances, but he would have created the half by his own. Then we could notice these problems much more easier.
(And DP is our all around joker, doing everything and saving the day when he is on fire...)
Soon or later we will pay this lack of creativity.
I still believe this team is not balanced, depending on our starters, we either have lack of
-creativity
-finishing
-super efficient cover for our weak defense
I am the first that wanted Xabi Alonso in our team. I was saying exactly the same that we luck creativity. And i still think it. But i start to like Poulsen. He has cold blood and he is a player that will do every time what he should. In great matches you should have someone like Mono with passion and dribling but you should have someone like Poulsen too to hold your team. Xabi is passioned and has great shot and great pass but is not the defencive midfieler that will hold your midfield with his tackles and his headers. That's why in the national team of spain played Senna and not Xabi. Poulsen is what we need near Sissoko. For example think about Gatuso, Makelele. They are players like Senna, players that defend and keep the midfield strong when is needed. I believe too that we lack a litle of creativity. But on the other hand, if we have 2 very good DMs running and don't letting the opponent go forward, we will let our wingers attack more...

Remember the game against Milan this year. Tiago was nowere, Camo and Neddy were attacking and Momo was running all the time to eliminate milan's attacking effords. If we had a creative player there would be the same situation. Mr X and the 2 wingers would attack and Momo would be alone trying to cover the space between our defence and our midfield. In big games this will not work. We need 2 players to be between our wingers and our defenders. If this works ok, the wingers will not have to defend too and their only job will be to attack...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)