[Serie A] Juventus-Siena (8 Viewers)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Nedved extends hospital stay Saturday 26 February, 2005

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Concern is growing over Pavel Nedved’s condition after Juve confirmed he’d stay under observation until Monday at the very least.

The Czech midfielder was stretchered off after a clash of heads with Real Madrid’s Raul Bravo during their 1-0 defeat in Spain on Tuesday evening.

He was knocked unconscious and had no memory of where he was, so doctors diagnosed head trauma and put him in a Turin clinic for observation from Wednesday morning.

“Pavel Nedved’s condition is improving,” read a Juventus statement released today, “but in order to continue the therapy and tests for the aftermath of this trauma, he will not leave the clinic until Monday at the earliest.”

Even Andriy Shevchenko, who fractured a cheekbone and required two titanium plates in his head, did not stay in hospital for such a long time, so this setback is raising questions over Nedved’s condition.

The 2003 Ballon d’Or winner is obviously mot included in the squad to face Siena on Sunday – nor is flu-ridden hitman David Trezeguet – and both these players are now at serious risk for the big upcoming games.

Next weekend Juve travel to Roma’s Stadio Olimpico and will take on Real Madrid in the second leg of their Champions’ League tie on March 9.

Juventus squad: Buffon, Ferrara, Tacchinardi, Pessotto, Emerson, Ibrahimovic, Del Piero, Chimenti, Birindelli, Camoranesi, Appiah, Zambrotta, Blasi, Thuram, Kapo, Olivera, Zalayeta, Zebina, Cannavaro

xource: channel4.com

caio-juve

Feb 8, 2005
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++
Nedved extends hospital stay Saturday 26 February, 2005

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Concern is growing over Pavel Nedved’s condition after Juve confirmed he’d stay under observation until Monday at the very least.

The Czech midfielder was stretchered off after a clash of heads with Real Madrid’s Raul Bravo during their 1-0 defeat in Spain on Tuesday evening.

He was knocked unconscious and had no memory of where he was, so doctors diagnosed head trauma and put him in a Turin clinic for observation from Wednesday morning.

“Pavel Nedved’s condition is improving,” read a Juventus statement released today, “but in order to continue the therapy and tests for the aftermath of this trauma, he will not leave the clinic until Monday at the earliest.”

Even Andriy Shevchenko, who fractured a cheekbone and required two titanium plates in his head, did not stay in hospital for such a long time, so this setback is raising questions over Nedved’s condition.

The 2003 Ballon d’Or winner is obviously mot included in the squad to face Siena on Sunday – nor is flu-ridden hitman David Trezeguet – and both these players are now at serious risk for the big upcoming games.

Next weekend Juve travel to Roma’s Stadio Olimpico and will take on Real Madrid in the second leg of their Champions’ League tie on March 9.

Juventus squad: Buffon, Ferrara, Tacchinardi, Pessotto, Emerson, Ibrahimovic, Del Piero, Chimenti, Birindelli, Camoranesi, Appiah, Zambrotta, Blasi, Thuram, Kapo, Olivera, Zalayeta, Zebina, Cannavaro

xource: channel4.com

Without Pavel, everything for us seems hard. But I think can be 2x0 for Juve. We are going back to the leadership

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Some good news for the ones that want to see Kapo play more: He is back from injury and will probably be on the bench against Siena.

Actually, I think we should've played Olivera and Kapo more regularly from the start of the season. It would've helped us a lot at dealing with injuries, as the problem with both Olivera and Kapo is that both of them lack a certain match consistency.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Capello on the attack Sunday 27 February, 2005

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juve’s recent problems have stemmed from a lack of goals and Fabio Capello concedes he could use the trident attack against Siena.

“I have a few options in my mind and the trident worked well against Udinese,” he said of their 2-1 win. “I will wait until the last minute to make a decision.”

Marcelo Zalayeta could step in with David Trezeguet and Pavel Nedved still sidelined, while Zlatan Ibrahimovic may be rested so that he won’t risk suspension for next week’s clash with Roma.

“I don’t believe in resting players who are on yellow cards,” insisted the Coach. “It is too risky to keep him out and Zlatan has only been unlucky of late.”

Nedved clashed heads with Raul Bravo on Tuesday evening and he has been held in a Turin clinic for observation ever since. The club has confirmed he’ll stay on until Monday, possibly more, and Capello’s comments only fuelled speculation as to his condition.

“I won’t talk about Pavel without the player’s permission,” he said during a Press conference. “As for Trezeguet, he is improving after a bout of flu and should resume full training on Monday.”

Over the last month the side has gone from the seemingly invincible to extremely disappointing, as Juve have lost an eight-point lead in the Serie A table and were defeated 1-0 in the Champions’ League on Tuesday.

“I sincerely doubt we are in a crisis,” he assured. “All we are missing are a few goals, but we do create the scoring opportunities and that’s the important thing. I think we played well in Madrid and have just been unlucky of late.”

On paper this weekend is all set to go in the Bianconeri’s favour, as they welcome relegation battlers Siena while joint leaders Milan take on Inter.

“Siena are not to be underestimated and are undefeated in seven games,” warned Capello. “They are in good condition, both physically and psychologically, but we are ready to fight back with the grit and determination we’ve shown so far this season.”

source: channel4.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)