[Serie A] Juventus-Sampdoria (3 Viewers)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
I prefer winning against Roma with Totti's presence, this will definitely make our victory even sweeter. The sweetest victory will be winning + Totti being sent off in the game, I cannot ask for more :D

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
More than anything I'm immensely proud of our defensive record, true we could've conceded a couple more over the past two weeks but 2 goals conceded in 9 games is fantastic and can only mean good things.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Juventus 2 - 0 Sampdoria
Trezeguet 41 (J), Mutu 57 (J)
Stadio Delle Alpi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Juventus side had already made history by winning its first eight games, matching the run set by the Bianconeri in 1930 and 1985, but no Serie A team had ever earned nine consecutive opening victories. Patrick Vieira, Jonathan Zebina, Alessandro Birindelli, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Gianluigi Buffon were all left behind, while Christian Abbiati was out with a knee injury.

Sampdoria had to do without suspended star striker Francesco Flachi, but had Serie A's second top scorer Emiliano Bonazzoli and the knowledge they won on their last trip to Turin.

The Blucerchiati were not frightened by this test and had some promising opportunities early on, Bonazzoli turning Marco Borriello's cross just past the near post.

Juve's first real chance came after 20 minutes, as Alessandro Del Piero crossed in and Adrian Mutu's side-footed volley was just wide of the target.

The Bianconeri thought they'd taken the lead when Francesco Antonioli spilled a Pavel Nedved screamer into the path of David Trezeguet, but the goalkeeper stuck out a foot to push the ball out of danger.

Bonazzoli's header was comfortably held, but it was Juve who opened the scoring after 40 minutes. A corner kick was not cleared effectively and Trezeguet was quick to tap in from two yards, but Sampdoria will be disappointed by their defending.

The visitors fought back and Aimo Diana nodded a corner over the bar, then Bonazzoli's volley scraped the target, but Samp went extremely close to an equaliser moments later when Cristiano Zenoni sprung the offside trap and flicked the ball with the outside of his right foot, but it dribbled inches wide of the far post.

Chimenti then captured a dangerous Diana attempt, but Juventus doubled their lead with a well-worked move. Del Piero, Emerson and Trezeguet combined passes before Adrian Mutu's angled drive finished it off.

Yet it was the woodwork that saved the Turin giants from a Vitali Kutuzov looping header that thumped the crossbar. Samp threatened again with Bonazzoli's header and a volley from the former Parma striker, while Trezeguet had a goal incorrectly disallowed for Nedved's offside position.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus: Chimenti; Zambrotta, Kovac, Cannavaro, Chiellini; Mutu (Balzaretti 85), Emerson, Giannichedda, Nedved; Del Piero (Zalayeta 67), Trezeguet (Camoranesi 81)

Sampdoria: Antonioli; C Zenoni (Gasbarroni 65), Castellini, Pavan, Pisano; Diana, Palombo, Volpi, Tonetto (Dalla Bona 75); Bonazzoli, Borriello (Kutuzov 54)

Ref: Dattilo

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
I did not see the match , but it seems we played as usual a very bad first half , then we improved in the second half and scored from an error and by Mutu brilliance , it is good to see him scoring
forza juve

Akerman

Oct 20, 2005
The good: Emerson
The bad: Chiellini
The ugly: Chimenti (nah just kidding, did a great job!) ;)

I enjoyed our offensive play in the second half, Mutu, Del Piero & Trez did wonders. Although Sampdoria wasn't that hot yesterday like Milan will probably be at Saturday, I think Zlatan has some serious competition. In the long run, competition between players is positive for the team and will only force them do make best of their situation. Our defense was really really really good just like it is known for, but Chiellini is seriously holding us back (miss you Zebina). Emerson was the player of the match, no doubt about that.

Akerman

Oct 20, 2005
The good: Emerson
The bad: Chiellini
The ugly: Chimenti (nah just kidding, did a great job!) ;)

I enjoyed our offensive play in the second half, Mutu, Del Piero & Trez did wonders. Although Sampdoria wasn't that hot yesterday like Milan will probably be at Saturday, I think Zlatan has some serious competition. In the long run, competition between players is positive for the team and will only force them to make the best out of their situation. Our defense was really really really good just like it is known for, but Chiellini is seriously holding us back (miss you Zebina). Emerson was the player of the match, no doubt about that.

Mindcandy

Aug 4, 2005
Fantastic to hear Mutu and Emerson in such good form prior to the Milan match on Saturday. The Serie A defensive record is nothing short of astonishing. A goal coceded every 405 minutes is truly remarkable.

Onwards to the Meazza. Let's make it 10/10.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
well great winn i have to say.... it will go down in history that this squad and coach went on furtherst than anyone elsee.. good on the players...everyone.

To the game... i think we played the game into perfection, why do u want to entertain, when u could just win with the minimum effort against a "not" easy team like Sampa.
There was a little scare for times in the game,but that is understandable, cuz they wont just give up....u just can't expect that.
I dont think the defense was shaky as Andy said, it was on the contrary.I will have to say the full backs dont look very solid.But the center back combination of kovac and canna is wonderfull.

I was soo pissed when i saw neddy on the field and camo out.i was just soo dissappointed, i wanted to see camo play.But noo Don fabio had to play neddy for some reason.
Anyway i hope he gets the start against Milan.

Chimentii:He was alrite for most of the game..But he did some mistakes, but i have to say he has to be a bit rusty.

Cana:this game showed why this guy is soo important to this team.Some excellent interventions, and tackles.But he looked a bit tired today which i think its a major concern.Also i think if thuram was playing today in his place we would've conceeded .

Kovac:For me it think he shares MOM with mutu.He made some excellent last minute interventions.He has nerves of steel or hes made of ice or something.I remember twice in the game where he was left to deal with a one on one situation, and he takes the from his opponent calmly.And i liked when he made the Sampa man jump with that little fake ;)

zambo: he has been a little quiete offensivley these couple of games on the right.i guess they r instructions.He had a decent defensive game and pushed up alot, but was canceled cuz mutu was always playing on the line.He made one mistake in the air and could've been a goal, but overall nice game.

chiellini:well he had to be the worst player for juve last nite.Very poor game .Didnt do anything offensively or defensively.Hes the concern on my mind for the milan game.Hes the weakest in the team.

Gianni:When he tried to do something special...he failed.When he did wat hes supposed to do he did it very i have to say.Average game.

Puma:very solid , good game.But his pace is just very slow, and i think its one of the main differences between him and Viera.

Neddy:Not the best of games for him..i wanted to see anyone but him playing today.He needs sometime on the bench to find his form again.He looked very agitated, and was always screaming on everyone(i know u would tell me he's always like that )but there was something different.
anyway he didnt have much influence on the game , only a couple of shots from distance and was more of a negative player.

Mutu:shared MOM with kovac for me.Very nice game, nice runs, and nice goal.He seems like getting his form back. I wanted to see him in neddy's position.Also i wanted to cut inside more than he did.Caused havoc for left side of sampa.Very nice game.

Alex:Didnt have the best of games i think.He was always pushed around by the sampa defense, they were pretty physical.When he held position he did well, but other than that he was either invisible or on the ground.Thats why don fabio didnt play him against bayern.

Trezi:This just does his job, and walks out with a smile.Nice set up for the 2nd goal though.I have to say he worked alot, more than alex.

Zala: he was invisible for most of the game, except for that on time i remember... exactly when there was a sub, he passed quite a few players on the byline then played the ball to camo and he cross/shot was way from goal.

Balza:This guuuuuyy is alll taleeennt.... wat is he doing on the bench and chiellini is playing.He really impressed me in the few minutes he played.

frozaa juvee

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
++ [ originally posted by AtotheB ] ++
It would not be incorrect to say that this match could really have gone either way. In the first half we were rather poor in multiple aspects of our game, and Sampdoria started to outplay us after Trezeguet scored a rather easy goal that our opponents were probably kicking themselves for giving up. We lacked ideas in the first 45 and we could not really mount a decent attack against a Samp side that was tighly packed in their own zone, not giving us much space to work with. After the Trezeguet goal Samp started to take more chances and could have scored because we were making some uncharacteristic mistakes.
True Andy.
Especially about that part that it could go any way.
One thing that tells you that it is a strong team is that you win the games were you play bad. Today was one of those days. Juve looks solid but we have to thank our opponents for that as well. Samp had so much respect that they did not even try to make a move until they were 1-0 under. That’s so clearly now when you look back at the BM game. The difference in respect. We get that for free in Serie A.

Thankfully for us in the second half we worked a moment of brilliance between players that gave us a two goal lead...the Del Piero to Trezeguet to Mutu move through the Samp defense was brilliant and probably the best thing we did all game...no joke. After the second goal Samp were not really threatening us until later in the match where they could have easily scored two goals if the ball just went their way...Emerson almost had an own goal and Bonazzoli came very close on one occasion. Our defense looked shakey tonight and that is not very good before the big match on Saturday.
True that our defense looked shaky but that is “thanks” to the midfield as well.
We will start with at least 3 and probably 4 different starters against Ac Milan. So the game plan will be another.
DP looked good occasionally and his ball control is superb. IMO he would benefit if we attacked with more players and had him as an offensive playmaker. The combo between Trez, Mutu and DP was the height of the game!

As for the tactics it was a usual boring and safe Juventus performance...no change in pace and we just chugged along the full 90 minutes and grabbed the goals despite not creating much and not looking entirely convincing. You know play like this worries me, so no need to go on about it. I would like to see more of Zambrotta and Chiellini playing on the same team, however Zambrotta is seemingly not as effective on the right and I cant say Chiellini is in good form either...however I would like to see this work because these players are certainly more capable than Zebina or Pessotto or whoever else Capello decides to field.
I watched both Inter-Roma and Juve-Samp. There is a huge difference between the two games. The paste in the Juve game was 1/10 of the paste at San Siro. This is the only thing that worries me with this team. The ability to paste up if its necessary.
Then having Giannichedda on the field is like playing with 10 players. Studied him very objectively to se what impacts he has on the game. It is a myth he is good in defense!!! He does not even cut of space for the opponents. Is NEVER involved in the offensive game witch leaves Emerson alone with something he is not even good at. Here you have our problem. When Viera is gone we try to compensate that by playing a defensively good player. Well…, it just ruins our game.

Mutu actually looked good on the right flank tonight, perhaps being our best player, however I still like him roaming up top. We once again lacked ideas through midfield despite Emerson having a good match, and Giannichedda really just took space up in midfield and did not really influence our performance that much...even gave the ball away a few too many times. Del Piero and Trezeguet up top looked good when they had the ball...note that because of our lack of ideas in midfield they did not recieve the ball too often. Throw Mutu up top and I think I might just like this trident...sorry Ibrahimovic.
Read above. And we do need Ibra. No question about it. But that’s not were we have problem. Attacking is worldclass with or without him. As is our defense /at least from time to time). It is our balance in midfield that just doesn’t work. Emerson were not good at all yesterday. As the game before. Ball control is terrible. Takes him 2-3 touches just to control the passes. Then his passes is.., well…, not very good at least…

Chimenti was rather solid and did what he had to.
Nothing really to complain about.

Zambrotta made some decent runs forward and was pretty much solid defensively.
The thing I miss with Zambrotta is that right now he is a great defender, he can be the best…

Kovac was pretty much solid as well.
Our best defensively player.

Cannavaro was solid, perhaps not as solid as his counterpart in defense though.
Did not have a good game yesterday. Missed his man in marking and looked shaky.

Chiellini was average and made some bad decisions and terrible passes. Needs to improve, however I would like to see him take that left-back role at Juventus.
Still look’s as an giraffe. Has only one foot and is not that good with it.

Mutu was perhaps our best player tonight and could have scored a couple more goals. He just needs to start...that's all there is to it.
MOM
Had a great game in an average match. Is becoming a starting 11 player.

Emerson was much better today than in the previous two matches.
Not good at all. Not his fault though… Has to take on an offensively responsibility witch he should not get. Lineup is wrong…

Giannichedda really just took up space and did not really contribute to the proceedings that much...gave the ball away too much when he tried to make the long pass.
If he starts again I do not know what is wrong with some of our other players. Wonder how Blasi feels seeing this guy playing his place.

Nedved was decent however he's still off the Nedved form that we have loved at Juventus over the years..
Time to study the bench?

Trezeguet did not do much apart from score the first goal and assist on Mutu's...did his job rather nicely.
Never does much apart from his goals. Had to get down in the pitch occasionally to help out. Please Capello, tell him not to. Let him just wait for the one opportunity and you can be sure he takes it.

Del Piero had a good first half and looked very lively on the pitch...he also looks quicker than usual so this is certainly good to see.
Very good first half. With the right surroundings he can be reborn. Give him time and a role that fits him.

Balzaretti came in and played midfield...not sure why though besides not having anybody else to play.
???

Zalayeta was average and did not contribute much.
Was never involved.

So all in all Sampdoria was no pushover...as I said the game could have gone either way if Samp had just finished their chances and we did not get that first goal. And once again the scoreline is rather flattering when compared to our actual performance, however that is seemingly status quo at Juventus at the moment.
Great to win again.
But the team has to paste up. Hadn’t have speed for 4 games now. We will need it on Saturday. Lets hold our fingers crossed.

arc

Mar 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by sateeh ] ++
well great winn i have to say.... it will go down in history that this squad and coach went on furtherst than anyone elsee.. good on the players...everyone.

To the game... i think we played the game into perfection, why do u want to entertain, when u could just win with the minimum effort against a "not" easy team like Sampa.
There was a little scare for times in the game,but that is understandable, cuz they wont just give up....u just can't expect that.
I dont think the defense was shaky as Andy said, it was on the contrary.I will have to say the full backs dont look very solid.But the center back combination of kovac and canna is wonderfull.

I was soo pissed when i saw neddy on the field and camo out.i was just soo dissappointed, i wanted to see camo play.But noo Don fabio had to play neddy for some reason.
Anyway i hope he gets the start against Milan.

Chimentii:He was alrite for most of the game..But he did some mistakes, but i have to say he has to be a bit rusty.

Cana:this game showed why this guy is soo important to this team.Some excellent interventions, and tackles.But he looked a bit tired today which i think its a major concern.Also i think if thuram was playing today in his place we would've conceeded .

Kovac:For me it think he shares MOM with mutu.He made some excellent last minute interventions.He has nerves of steel or hes made of ice or something.I remember twice in the game where he was left to deal with a one on one situation, and he takes the from his opponent calmly.And i liked when he made the Sampa man jump with that little fake ;)

zambo: he has been a little quiete offensivley these couple of games on the right.i guess they r instructions.He had a decent defensive game and pushed up alot, but was canceled cuz mutu was always playing on the line.He made one mistake in the air and could've been a goal, but overall nice game.

chiellini:well he had to be the worst player for juve last nite.Very poor game .Didnt do anything offensively or defensively.Hes the concern on my mind for the milan game.Hes the weakest in the team.

Gianni:When he tried to do something special...he failed.When he did wat hes supposed to do he did it very i have to say.Average game.

Puma:very solid , good game.But his pace is just very slow, and i think its one of the main differences between him and Viera.

Neddy:Not the best of games for him..i wanted to see anyone but him playing today.He needs sometime on the bench to find his form again.He looked very agitated, and was always screaming on everyone(i know u would tell me he's always like that )but there was something different.
anyway he didnt have much influence on the game , only a couple of shots from distance and was more of a negative player.

Mutu:shared MOM with kovac for me.Very nice game, nice runs, and nice goal.He seems like getting his form back. I wanted to see him in neddy's position.Also i wanted to cut inside more than he did.Caused havoc for left side of sampa.Very nice game.

Alex:Didnt have the best of games i think.He was always pushed around by the sampa defense, they were pretty physical.When he held position he did well, but other than that he was either invisible or on the ground.Thats why don fabio didnt play him against bayern.

Trezi:This just does his job, and walks out with a smile.Nice set up for the 2nd goal though.I have to say he worked alot, more than alex.

Zala: he was invisible for most of the game, except for that on time i remember... exactly when there was a sub, he passed quite a few players on the byline then played the ball to camo and he cross/shot was way from goal.

Balza:This guuuuuyy is alll taleeennt.... wat is he doing on the bench and chiellini is playing.He really impressed me in the few minutes he played.

frozaa juvee
thz for ya comments dude

wht i think is we shouldnt play chiellini, he is just not good enough, play zambrotta on the left and camoranesi on the right, in such a way, we r balanced on both sides

and yes mutu should replace neddy, but i doubt cap will do that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)