[Serie A] Juventus-Sampdoria (1 Viewer)

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Bozi.78 ] ++
Juventus boss Fabio Capello insists their record equalling start to the season will be useless unless they retain Lo Scudetto.

The Bianconeri have now won their first eight games to match the achievements of the 1930-31 and 1985-86 Juventus sides.

Although he has now joined Carlo Carcano and Giovanni Trapattoni in the history books, the Coach isn’t in the mood to celebrate.

"Numbers are worth little at this stage," he said after the 3-0 win at Lecce. "They will only be important at the end of the season.

"We will calmly continue with our campaign, without thinking about records and with the aim of not relaxing."

When asked whether this present Juventus side had anything in common with Trap’s 80s version, Capello insisted they are two separate entities.

"There are no similarities between that team and mine," he continued. "Football has changed since then.

"Who is my Michel Platini? There is nobody like him. We have a different side and a diverse style of play. You can’t make any comparisons."

Juventus have the chance to make it an unprecedented nine wins on Wednesday against Sampdoria at the Stadio Delle Alpi.

The 1930-31 and 1985-86 sides saw their 100 per cent records come to an end with defeats to Napoli.

from Channel4
thank god napoli are not in serie A:D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Holygr4le ] ++

Don´t like Zambo to the right...
well, actionly he is a natural right sided player. may be he needs some time on the right side.
I don´t like the deffencive display of zambrotta in the last time at all.

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Maresca ] ++
well, actionly he is a natural right sided player. may be he needs some time on the right side.
I don´t like the deffencive display of zambrotta in the last time at all.
No. What happend with the Zambo from last year?

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
have to say i have been hoping to see zambrotta play r back as he is r footed, it will take time to adjust but with him behind camo we should be very productive down the right side and put chiellini on the left with mutu ahead of him

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
have to say i have been hoping to see zambrotta play r back as he is r footed, it will take time to adjust but with him behind camo we should be very productive down the right side and put chiellini on the left with mutu ahead of him
Have to agree, just that the left side was "his". At his best he just owned it.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
though from reading some of the marks people gave chiellini he played a shocker:down: hope he does not blow it but the prospect of zambrotta and camo working down the right for both juve and italy is very exciting:excited:

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
++ [ originally posted by DelpieroForLife ] ++
......................Abbiati

Pessotto.....Kovac...Canna....Zambro

...............Blasi............Puma

Camo..........................................Mutu

............Zalayeta.......Trezeguet
good formation even if i would like to see zambo at right back so he and camo can work together,like the look of the front two and zala deserves a chance

del pietro

Aug 13, 2005

good formation even if i would like to see zambo at right back so he and camo can work together,like the look of the front two and zala deserves a chance
Ive wondered how that would work... it could be good.. with all the pace on the right flank.. but its a waste of crossing ability for zambrotta. Juve really need him on the left both offensively and defensively.

what could be good would be if zambo was pushed up as a winger and chellini as left back.. then u have blasi and camo on the right.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003

the thing is with putting both zambo and camo in the same flank is that they could get in eachother's positions.
Both of them like staying out wide.Neddy doesnt do that, which leaves the whole left side for zambo.Camo doesnt cut inside that much.
if zambo should play more on the right then camo would need to cut inside more and give more space on the flank for zambo.

Abt chimenti... well it is a scary thought but he did well under pressure we he entered the lecce game, so i hope he got more confidence to play on.
i think he has better communication with the defenders, than abbiati.Not that much reflexes though.We dont need him to do that much, just a few saves.:D

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
++ [ originally posted by sateeh ] ++
the thing is with putting both zambo and camo in the same flank is that they could get in eachother's positions.
Both of them like staying out wide.Neddy doesnt do that, which leaves the whole left side for zambo.Camo doesnt cut inside that much.
if zambo should play more on the right then camo would need to cut inside more and give more space on the flank for zambo
that is sort of the point as that way camo could go and get more involved and be more creative and we all know how good zambo is at crossing the ball in, if he was on the right side which is his favoured side he should be even more procuctive....in theory anyway,i would like to see if it worked

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
You're all nagging about Zambrotta, to be honest. Yes, he goes a little less up front to assist the forward line. But i've never seen a Zambrotta who's as good defensively as this season's Zambrotta. Defensively nowadays, he is among the best (flank)defenders too. By the way, he still crosses now and then. Besides, his crosses are only usefull with Trez or Zalayeta upfront.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
i guess with capello's system... the RB players have to defend more i guess.That was always the case, zebina,blasi, now zambo, they were always given extra defensive duties.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++
You're all nagging about Zambrotta, to be honest. Yes, he goes a little less up front to assist the forward line. But i've never seen a Zambrotta who's as good defensively as this season's Zambrotta. Defensively nowadays, he is among the best (flank)defenders too. By the way, he still crosses now and then. Besides, his crosses are only usefull with Trez or Zalayeta upfront.

did you see his defending before the 0-1 against bayern??

Mindcandy

Aug 4, 2005
Novellino is a good manager, one you can respect in terms of Sampdoria's preparation against the big sides.

The reurn match in Feb 2005 at Delle Alpi (Juve 0 - 1 Samp) was pure Novellino - as was their defeat of Milan a few weeks ago.

Nevertheless, they are a side, which, despite their attacking prowess, are leaking goals badly. A bit like Lecce with 'A' grades.

For that reason I'd love Capello to put a very attacking 4-3-3 formation in place (or a 4-3-1-2) to get an early goal to ruin their game plan and rhythm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)