SERIE A: Juventus - Reggina (1 Viewer)

Nyos

Feb 1, 2004
I can understand why Juve didn't buy any new players last jan.. BUT, why sell some important back-up players.. ATM, we lack a lot of players.. when the match schedule gets tight, we'll be in deep sh!t.. moggi and co should've not sell some players like Oliviera, zala and Fresi(better than Iuliano)..
Six months competition Juve gets 22.5 million Euro loss.:down:

Forza Juve, 3 points! :cheesy:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Forza_La_Juve ] ++
very good point Gandalf...and timely too. There were 2 Primavera players on the bench as eligible substitutes for todays match!
I hope that we remain healthy for the rest of the season. I wouldn't want to see us have to play a Primavera player as we try to hunt down milan for the scudetto or during the CL because of injuries....
who were they..? I hope Benjamin is one of them..

Aug 1, 2003
Happy Sunday
15 02 2004

Maresca (La Presse)
It had been a good day today for Juventus. Lippi’s team is now 6 points from Roma stopped in Ancona and one point from Milan stopped in Lecce. The match against Reggina finishes 1-0 thanks to the goal by Maresca in the second half.

www.juventus.com

I heard we struggled a bit, but that doesn't matter- the 3 points drew. Thank God for teams like Lecce and Ancona :D

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
Happy Sunday
15 02 2004

Maresca (La Presse)
It had been a good day today for Juventus. Lippi’s team is now 6 points from Roma stopped in Ancona and one point from Milan stopped in Lecce. The match against Reggina finishes 1-0 thanks to the goal by Maresca in the second half.

www.juventus.com

I heard we struggled a bit, but that doesn't matter- the 3 points drew. Thank God for teams like Lecce and Ancona :D
to draw in ancona...that's stupid

ancona is LAST!!!

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #430
    I just saw the highlights and some of the moves that Del Piero did yesterday were extremely classy! It's a huge pity that the referee disallowed his totally legal goal because Alex really deserved to score. He hit the crossbar about two or three times and forced Belardi into some nice saves otherwise. It's good to see that 'il capitano' is refinding some form. Wtg Delps.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    I dont think it was a legal goal, it was a handball. The referee saw it, the players saw it, and Del Piero did notr object at all.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #433
    ++ [ originally posted by -Z- ] ++
    I dont think it was a legal goal, it was a handball. The referee saw it, the players saw it, and Del Piero did notr object at all.
    DP didn't object because he's DP! That's what players of his class do. In their minds they're thinking "Damn, I didn't handle that ball" but they accept the referee's decision and get on with the game.

PS. How was Alex yesterday in your opinion? Average? Good but not that good? :D

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by -Z- ] ++
    maybe he did not object.. Del Piero doesn't object on most unfair decisions.. he just ignore the ref and walk away.. but, it wasn't a handball.. the camera from the reversed angle showed it clearly.. it was a LEGAL GOAL..

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    First of all rest in peace Pantani, I do no not follow the sport but its always sad when someone young dies, most especially if that person has touched so many hearts

To the game, well I guess the good thing is that we won 3 points by beating a very modest but spirited side

I do hope we are really saving ourselves for the Cl cos this performance is not good enuff at all

We have players who are just way to slow in releasing the ball , by the time they do so, the opposition defence have already recouped
    To not have an ounce of creativity in the midfield is a huge shame and the defence still contrives to make basic errors even when they are not under pressure

Its obvious the defence and perhaps the whole team are suffering from a huge lack of confidence

Buffon apart from a very good save from Cozza whom in all honesty ought to have scored , had a relatively easy day 6

Zambrotta was quite ordinary on the right and was one of the culprits of not releasin the ball on time and his silly backward header almost released Cozza to score for the second time 5.5

Pessotto, has always been steady but not spectacular and I used to really like him but now he is just a waste of space, takes more silly touches than he should and his passes are just awful 5

Thuram not as commanding as I would hope he would be but in fairness he was not severly tested just brushed of the ball by the impressive Stellone which led to the Cozza chance 6

Leggrotaglie, still feels me with uncertainty and had an average game 5.5

Maresca , everyone favourite, tries way too hard and for me the signs of greatness is when you make the play look ridiculously simple by doing the simple things very well but Maresca makes football seem difficult by always trying the impossible pass, way too eager to impress everyone but the simple passes he could not execute as he was trying perhaps to show off . In saying that unlucky to be subbed 6

Conte not sure if you want to win the big games , this guys should still be playing in your first team, totally anonymous 5

Nedved starting to show his Cl form in the league, tries too hard, to his credit but I still hate the way he always goes down as if shot every time you tackle him 5.5

Tacchinardi the best of a mediocre bunch of midfielders, just kept things simple and flowing something Maresca fails to do 6.5

Di Vaio was just awful, link up play , rubbish, hold up play, worse, just not my cup of tea at all 4.5

Dp was alright , still not anywhere near his best but still far and away the most talented in our roster, the last move was worth the entrance fee alone 6.5

Appiah, the best I have seen from him in a while at least he did not give the ball away

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++

DP didn't object because he's DP! That's what players of his class do. In their minds they're thinking "Damn, I didn't handle that ball" but they accept the referee's decision and get on with the game.

PS. How was Alex yesterday in your opinion? Average? Good but not that good? :D
    I dont agree. He doesnt argue with the refs but he always goes over and has a talk with them, he pushes his hands together in the begging motion and always talks about it in a very calm and orderly manner. Last night he didnt do even that. If it had been a legal goal he would have at least said "I'm not objectig, but I really didnt touch it with my hand" or something like that.

Anyways, I think he was good, but not as good as everyone on here says. Still, better than Diva and Neddy.

Aug 1, 2003
    I don't know, certain angles showed it like it did touch the head, certain angles showed that it touched the hand on certain angles showed that it didn't touch anything therefore it was nedved's goal :shocking:

But I liked DP's freekick and last minute effort which hit the bar though. Maresca was good, but he wasn't overly impressive. I liked Miccoli better in yesterday's match.

Feb 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    Happy Sunday
    15 02 2004

Maresca (La Presse)

www.juventus.com

Maresca is a player with a spitir " JUVENTINO". Remember JUVE-TORO 3-3............

Aug 26, 2003
    hy.. here is what Thuram said after the match!!!

We are not playing great football at this moment in time and we did have our difficulties against Reggina too," he added.

"Fortunately the three points have helped our morale after the 4-0 defeat we suffered at Roma last week."

The Bianconeri were put on trial after that Olimpico display but showed signs of recovery with their Coppa Italia victory at Inter on Thursday.

"I think the win at Milan in the week may have been significant," he added. "We are slowly picking ourselves up."

Juventus were undoubtedly the big winners in Week 21 as Milan were held at Lecce and Roma failed to beat Ancona.

"That’s true but let’s not talk about that yet. We firstly need to start playing with determination and a better brand of football.

"We must continue to give our best in every game and just hope that the teams above us make a few errors."

I think he is right, Juve really didn't show really good football this season, but i think the Cup Final and this vicotory (and also a clean sheet) will help that we slowly pick up our form!!

what to you think as Thuram as Centerback will this work togehter with legro???

hoori-r

Feb 14, 2004
    well,i think ale touched the ball with his hand.he is a real gentle man.he doesn't want to cheat the refrees(doesn't want to do totti or inzaghi's jobs).he didn't show his happiness after that goal and this,caused bertini to decide easier.
    FORZA DEL PIERO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)