SERIE A: Juventus - Parma (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
In our last two Serie A outings we've suffered reversals against Inter and Lazio and find ourselves four points adrift of joint leaders Milan and Roma. Come Sunday Juve will be given a chance to redeem themselves and prove something to the critics and the fans as they face Parma in the Delle Alpi.

The visitors will be without Adriano, but can rely on an in-form Gilardino who won a penalty and scored twice last weekend. Juve on the other hand should have everybody available for this encounter and will most likely field the red hot Marco Di Vaio alongside captain Alex Del Piero in attack. Marcello Lippi may also be tempted to move Thuram to centre back and give Birindelli a chance at right back.

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I think we should be able to win this one. The players know that they need to win this game. We can't afford to lose 3 Serie A games in a row :scared:

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Great logic Ancellotti :rolleyes:

Parma are along with Lazio are bogey team. Luckily for us Adriano will not play.

ancelotti

Oct 31, 2003
The logic is that Parma are decent away from home... and apparently, some others have struggled to win at the Olimpico...

About Adriano, yeah, lucky for you...

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by ancelotti ] ++
Parma beat Lazio at the Olimpico.
Celta de Vigo beat Milan at San Siro. That means Celta can beat Roma, Lazio, Inter, Juventus...

:groan:

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Stu was referring to the fact that tomorrow Miccoli and Trez are playing upfront (along with Zalayeta) so according to the turnover, on Sunday it will be DP and DV's turn. On the following Wednesday, at home against Siena, it will be back to Miccoli-Zalayeta upfront, and then for the following league match Lippi will decide two between DP-Trez-DV...obviously the most inform hopefully ;)

Well that's my guess but since Lippi seems constant in his turnover policy, that should be it more or less.

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Stu was referring to the fact that tomorrow Miccoli and Trez are playing upfront (along with Zalayeta) so according to the turnover, on Sunday it will be DP and DV's turn. On the following Wednesday, at home against Siena, it will be back to Miccoli-Zalayeta upfront, and then for the following league match Lippi will decide two between DP-Trez-DV...obviously the most inform hopefully ;)

Well that's my guess but since Lippi seems constant in his turnover policy, that should be it more or less.
why should lippi do that..? why not play with best eleven..?

Aug 1, 2003
omg, if lippi does play DP-DV, that would be one helluva interesting combo!!

I hope we'll win this one. Parma is a tricky team,sometimes they're hard to beat, sometimes they're not. We're lucky Adriano isn't there but the rest of the squad is still strong.

Anyway, I think Juve'll win this.

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #14
    I'm confident that Lippi will play Del Piero and Di Vaio in attack because Marcello tries his best to make sure that his players are fresh, and if he didn't have any intentions to play DV on Sunday then he would certainly be starting him against Olympiakos, and he's not.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #19
    If there was any speculation as to who would start in attack for this game, that has been cleared up because Trezeguet will miss the match due to the fact that he suffered an ankle injury against Olympiacos.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)