[Serie A] Juventus - Milan (4 Viewers)

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
Nothing more to add about this pathetic Juve performance. Just a few points:

-We can't do counter attacks! and this is not new, it's something we can't do since the beginning of the season. Whenever we try a fast counter attack, we lose the ball right away

-Emerson and Blasi are defensive midfielders that do their job when the other team has the ball, but when we want to attack, they just don't push forward enough. Davids wasn't threatening but at least he motivated the team forward, and tried his best feeding the strikers. Maybe Appiah should have played instead of Blasi, but who knows... :groan:

- The recess come exactly in the right time. In the last games the team couldn't combine more than 3 passes before losing the ball. The players need the break.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Kaka22 ] ++
Guys and I think a lot off you are over reacting about Zlatan and some other players on the Juve team.Its not my thing to tell you but I think its wrong to bash a player after a bad game.Come on!Before the game everybody was like:Zlatan is the best,he has out played Nesta,Zlatan this,Zlatan that,Capelo this,Capelo that....But my point is that Zlatan is a good forward and he just had a bad game.I always hate and that happens in the Milan board when a player for exmple like Kaka has a bad game and suddenly everybody is against him.I just hate that!I respect if somebody says something against a player when the team is playing good.Untill now all I heard was prasing Zlatan and nobody critized him.And now after a bad game everybody is on his neck.Just stop with that!!!!Peace!

Maybe you are not such a bad fellow afterall. :D

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by JuveCampione ] ++
Nothing more to add about this pathetic Juve performance. Just a few points:

-We can't do counter attacks! and this is not new, it's something we can't do since the beginning of the season. Whenever we try a fast counter attack, we lose the ball right away

-Emerson and Blasi are defensive midfielders that do their job when the other team has the ball, but when we want to attack, they just don't push forward enough. Davids wasn't threatening but at least he motivated the team forward, and tried his best feeding the strikers. Maybe Appiah should have played instead of Blasi, but who knows... :groan:

- The recess come exactly in the right time. In the last games the team couldn't combine more than 3 passes before losing the ball. The players need the break.

You're right. Maybe it is time to close this thread!

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Report from chaneel4.com

Milan dominated the Scudetto showdown in Turin, but remain four points adrift as the woodwork kept out Andriy Shevchenko.

Games don't come much bigger than this, as the two-horse Scudetto race comes to a head at the Stadio Delle Alpi. Milan had the chance to cut the gap to just one point going into the Christmas break or find themselves seven points adrift.

The Rossoneri have only won one of their last nine pre-Christmas games, but they were on better form going into the tie thanks to three consecutive wins, including last week's 6-0 drubbing of Fiorentina. Pavel Nedved's late goal scraped a 1-0 victory for Juve at Bologna to keep them four points clear.

Paolo Maldini suffered a slight calf problem during the warm-up and had to give way to 38-year-old Alessandro Costacurta. Losing their captain was a heavy blow, but up until this match Milan had not conceded a single goal this season with Costacurta on the bench.

The Stadio Delle Alpi was sold out and witnessed the meeting of the outgoing European Player of the Year Pavel Nedved and the newly crowned Balon d'Or winner Andriy Shevchenko. Both these Coaches were facing their former clubs and Fabio Capello had only ever beaten Ancelotti twice going into the game.

Milan had the first real scoring opportunity after just three minutes. Shevchenko rolled the ball across the face of goal and Hernan Crespo just failed to get on the end of it from six yards. The ex-Chelsea man complained and replays show Jonathan Zebina did hold him back by his shoulder.

Moments later Zebina nearly scored an own goal as he haphazardly deflected a Clarence Seedorf cross just wide of the woodwork.

There were more complaints when Zebina seemed to drag Kakha Kaladze down by his neck as a free kick was floated in, but once again the referee waved play on.

Juventus were also angry with the officials when a Zlatan Ibrahimovic cross was charged down by Costacurta's arm outside the box, but Bertini judged it to be too close for the defender to get out of the way.

Shevchenko went closer than anyone after 17 minutes when his fierce right-foot snapshot from all of 25 metres beat Gianluigi Buffon and slammed the outside of the post.

Milan were beginning to dominate and Shevchenko ran on to Kaka's through ball, but Lilian Thuram dived in for a crucial challenge to prevent Crespo getting an easy tap-in.

The Bianconeri were uncharacteristically a defensive shambles on a corner kick, Buffon's punch ineffective with Kaladze, Crespo and Kaka unable to make the most of it.

Soon after Alessandro Del Piero's effort was charged down, then Buffon could only parry a powerful Crespo strike out for a corner as the pace picked up. A promising counter-attack was started by Pirlo and his cross was too long for Crespo at the back post.

Buffon smothered Seedorf's rising drive from eight yards, then Gianluca Zambrotta ran the entire length of the pitch and put in a cross for Ibrahimovic, but Dida intercepted. Zambrotta got forward again with a snapshot just about held by the Brazilian goalkeeper.

Fabio Cannavaro and Thuram required brilliant tackles to prevent Shevchenko getting into a one-on-one with Buffon, but in first half stoppages the goalkeeper had his palms stung by Crespo at the near post.

Capello had to do something and he opted to take off disappointing captain Del Piero for Marcelo Zalayeta.

Milan were still having the better of the play with Juventus giving the ball away surprisingly easily. Shevchenko was halted for a debatable offside flag as he prepared to face Buffon, then the Ukrainian's effort was charged down by Thuram.

Juve were a little less under pressure, but couldn't break through the Milan rearguard and Nedved's header was intercepted by Marcos Cafu. Kaladze was stretchered off with a bruised knee and made way for Giuseppe Pancaro.

The Rossoneri were livid on 66 minutes when Kaka robbed Thuram and was ready to run at the Juve defence with three against two, but the referee stopped play for a Milan free kick instead of letting play continue and the chance went begging. Thuram was booked for that challenge and will miss the trip to his old club Parma.

Alessio Tacchinardi replaced Manuele Blasi and the visitors continued to hold the initiative, even if the Juve defence was better placed in this second half.

Nedved had a great chance to give the Bianconeri the victory when he turned and left both defenders for dead, but the ball bounced awkwardly and he fired over the bar.

There was chaos in the Milan area four minutes from time when Nedved and Ibrahimovic failed to make the most of two defensive errors. From the resulting corner kick Cannavaro drilled a powerful half-volley over the bar.

In the final minute Shevchenko skipped past defenders and passed for Andrea Pirlo, but the midfielder's angled drive only shaved the far post with Buffon already beaten.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++

:wallbang: this is the most stupid post i have ever read.

Capello made a mistake by subbing a player that everytime he got the ball, lost it? Capello made a mistake by subbing a player who wasted Juve's rare chances? :rolleyes:

We need a forward.
did you see any other player who did not lose the ball all the night??
It so unfair to blame DP, he can not do anything if there is only Zlatan up front and all the other have no intention to go forward..... ... Only on the corner I saw more than 3 juve players on the penalty-area of milan... so think twice before blaming DP..

Aug 26, 2003
as it seems some of you and also the media were right, our last games showed that Milan is at Topform, while Juve is slowly getting weaker every week!

As said we are now no near our topform but what we have to admire is the amount of points and the good results that we achieved!!! We are 4 Points ahead in Serie A and also in next round in CL!!

also we have been doing without Trezeguet for a long time, which is simple not easy cause he is a really goal scoring machine!

IMO we have to thank the best defence in the world and Capellos tactics for achieving these results!
but to be honest maybe we should look for 1+2 new players (are called someone back) in winter!

cause we can't deny that Juve is no where near in playing like Milan or Barcelona! they are more creative and have to players fro that!

Also i think it is time for Capello to improve the team in some departements and use players like Kapo or Olivera more often!

All in all good results till Christmas, but we have a lot of work to do if we want to win CL or (and) Serie A!

FORZA JUVENTUS

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by chxta ] ++

I believe that Trezeguet will be back by the time we play Parma.
Trezeguet shouldnt be considered as a straight regular right away too...he must gradually be introduce..at best right now is Zalayeta-Zlatan.... DP-Zlatan is totally non functional.... Zlatan isnt the best out and out striker..he can be very useful to attract and pull defenders but he need somebody else to finish the move.... DEl Piero is not that man...

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Maresca78 ] ++

did you see any other player who did not lose the ball all the night??
It so unfair to blame DP, he can not do anything if there is only Zlatan up front and all the other have no intention to go forward..... ... Only on the corner I saw more than 3 juve players on the penalty-area of milan... so think twice before blaming DP..
its not far fetched to say that Del Piero was our worst player in the first half...

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++

Trezeguet shouldnt be considered as a straight regular right away too...he must gradually be introduce..at best right now is Zalayeta-Zlatan.... DP-Zlatan is totally non functional.... Zlatan isnt the best out and out striker..he can be very useful to attract and pull defenders but he need somebody else to finish the move.... DEl Piero is not that man...
Then who is? I don't recommend going for Cassano because he will be cup tied, and also because he is a brat.

Can we get Fernando Torres from Atletico Madrid?:greedy:

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003

Then who is? I don't recommend going for Cassano because he will be cup tied, and also because he is a brat.

Can we get Fernando Torres from Atletico Madrid?:greedy:
The best option all around is to use Zalayeta while Trezeguet regain his match fitness..its not that Zalayeta dissapointing untill now..he has been good in patch subtitute appeareances, wonder how high he can grom after a string of regular strats....

Sep 14, 2003

What does that mean? Football is an immoral game. Remember Euro 2004?
It means Milan outclassed and outplayed us, especially in the 1st half. We we're lucky to get the draw. I'm not talking about ethics.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++

The best option all around is to use Zalayeta while Trezeguet regain his match fitness..its not that Zalayeta dissapointing untill now..he has been good in patch subtitute appeareances, wonder how high he can grom after a string of regular strats....
I'm not too convinced about Zala, I must say. I think we just have to get someone.

Aug 26, 2003
Capello, "Too many errors"

"We missed too much, especially during first half: as soon as we had the ball, we gave it away to Milan and doing so we wasted the chance of taking advantage from counter attacks. It wasn’t only a few players, it was everybody, just everybody, that made even the easiest passes wrong. Evidently there was a lot of pressure."
Fabio Capello, after the draw with A.C.Milan, analyzes close to astonishment the attitude of Juventus approaching the game. Attitude that left the Bianconeri’s manager deeply unsatisfied: "No, I’m not satisfied for how we played. I am, though, for the result. Even referring to my players, during halftime, I said that still being 0-0, after all those errors, it was to be considered lucky, even though Milan didn’t create great dangers to Buffon. In the second half things improved slightly, but we didn’t play as we used to do."
The Bianconeri’s not brilliant performance, according to Capello, can’t be blamed on a loss of athletic shape: "It’s not really a physical problem; as I said there was a lot of pressure. A little tiredness is part of the game considering that, because of Champions Leagues preliminary round, we started the season much earlier. We have to say, however, that we played a team like Milan, that is currently in top condition; for this reason I’m happy with the result and convinced that the firm trust in our means turned out reinforced after this match.!".

Sep 14, 2003
Paper ratings:

LA GAZZETTA DELLO SPORT: Buffon 6.5; Zebina 6, Thuram 6.5, Cannavaro 7, Zambrotta 6.5; Camoranesi 6.5, Emerson 7, Blasi 6 (35’st Tacchinardi SV), Nedved 6; Del Piero 5 (1’st Zalayeta 6), Ibrahimovic 6.

TUTTOSPORT: Buffon 6; Zebina 5, Thuram 6, Cannavaro 6.5, Zambrotta 5; Camoranesi 5.5, Emerson 6, Blasi 5.5 (35’st Tacchinardi 6), Nedved 5; Del Piero 4.5 (1’st Zalayeta 5.5), Ibrahimovic 5.5.

IL CORRIERE DELLO SPORT: Buffon 6; Zebina 5.5, Thuram 6.5, Cannavaro 6.5, Zambrotta 6; Camoranesi 6, Emerson 6, Blasi 6 (35’st Tacchinardi sv), Nedved 6; Del Piero 5 (1’st Zalayeta 6), Ibrahimovic 6.

LA STAMPA: Buffon 6.5; Zebina 6, Thuram 7, Cannavaro 7, Zambrotta 5.5; Camoranesi 5.5, Emerson 6, Blasi 5.5 (35’st Tacchinardi sv), Nedved 5; Del Piero 4 (1’st Zalayeta 6), Ibrahimovic 5.

IL CORRIERE DELLA SERA: Buffon 7; Zebina 5.5, Thuram 6, Cannavaro 6.5, Zambrotta 6; Camoranesi 5.5, Emerson 6.5, Blasi 5.5 (35’st Tacchinardi sv), Nedved 6; Del Piero 4.5 (1’st Zalayeta 6), Ibrahimovic 5.5.

LA REPUBBLICA: Buffon 6.5; Zebina 5, Thuram 6, Cannavaro 6.5, Zambrotta 5.5; Camoranesi 5.5, Emerson 7, Blasi 5.5 (35’st Tacchinardi sv), Nedved 7; Del Piero 5 (1’st Zalayeta 5.5), Ibrahimovic 6.

Far too kind to Del Piero.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)