[Serie A] Juventus - Milan (7 Viewers)

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Febrina ] ++
I wanna ask you sth, guys, if we get players on transfer window II, we can't play them on the next CL round, can we?
So, If we get Jankulovski (for example), we can't play him on Madrid match anyway :frown:
If the player didn't play for any other Cl team this season,he can play for us for the knockout-stages.that means jankulovski can play against real if we sign him

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
I hope Madrid has an awful winter transfer season.
Like their usual form of, say, trading out Samuel and bringing in Henry and Totti for lots of cash? Can't be too worried.

Gotta love Real's transfer campaigns. If it weren't for all the merchandise they try to sell with them, you'd think they were playing a 1-4-5 formation. :confused:

Apr 26, 2004
Nothing changes at the top of the table. The great challenge between Juventus and A.C.Milan played at the Delle Alpi in front of a splendid audience, ends 0-0 and Capello’s team keeps the 4 points advantage on the Rossoneri. One hundred and eighty televisions provided coverage from all over the world. For the occasion, the Bianconeri’s diehard fans displayed an amazing choreography and accompanied with voiceful support Capello’s squad that experienced no easy life versus the Rossoneri. The most active among the opponents is the new ‘Goden Ball’ prize winner Shevchenko that on 17 minute hits the side of Buffon’s post with a great right legged shot. Again the Ukraine attempts a conclusion on 20’, while a minute later serves a mid area assist to Crespo advance tackled by Thuram corner bound. Juventus fights harder in the midfield, moves nicely forward with Ibrahimovic and Del Piero, who takes a right off-center spot, but when approaching the area is being blocked by the attentive Rossoneri’s defence. On 29’ Camoranesi throws in for Del Piero, whose shot is rebounded by his opponent, while on counterattack by the Rossoneri the right legged great distance shot by Crespo gets deflected to corner by Buffon that on 39’ saves well over Seedorf. Late in the first half Juventus improves engaging Dida with a conclusion by Zambrotta from outside area.

Second half starts with Zalayeta on replacing Del Piero, A.C.Milan’s lineup is unchanged until 18’ when Pancaro enters for Kaladze. Second half creates no excitement. Capello makes another switch on 35’, sending Tacchinardi on for Blasi. Juventus is very careful on the defensive side, where Cannavaro stands out as one of the best players in the match and on 41’, over a nice Bianconeri’s attack, attempts a goal shot, finished high. During the play’s stage Juventus tries a couple of dangerous actions with fellows Nedved-Ibrahimovic that turns out unsuccessful. Thrill on 44’ when a dangerous strike by Pirlo near missed the post.

JUVENTUS-MILAN 0-0
JUVENTUS: Buffon; Zebina, Thuram, Cannavaro, Zambrotta; Camoranesi, Emerson, Blasi (35’sh Tacchinardi), Nedved; Del Piero (1’sh Zalayeta), Ibrahimovic. Manager: Capello. Substitues: Chimenti, Montero, Pessotto, Appiah, Kapo
MILAN: Dida, Cafù, Nesha, Coshacurta, Kaladze (17’sh Pancaro); Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kakà, Crespo, Shevchenko. Manager: Ancelotti. Substitues: Abbiati, Coloccini, Ambrosini, Dhorasoo, Rui Costa, Serginho
REFEREE: Bertini
YELLOW CARDS: 22’ sh Thuram
SPECTATORS: 54.181
PROCEEDS: 2.211.909

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Milan: We're simply the best Saturday 18 December, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carlo Ancelotti claims Milan proved they are a better side than the Serie A leaders, while Fabio Capello blamed the tension of the occasion.

“I am very satisfied with our performance, commanding the tempo from start to finish,” said the Milan boss after their 0-0 draw. “We weren’t fortunate tonight, but I am extremely happy with the way we played.”

The visitors dominated the tie with an extra seven minutes of possession, but Ancelotti refused to be disappointed with the result.

“Juventus have the best defence in Europe, so we did well to create so many chances and were simply unlucky when it came to the finishing. We proved our superiority against a great side and that is something to be celebrated.”

However, the Rossoneri were furious with referee Paolo Bertini after an early penalty shout and a Kaka counter-attack that was halted by excessive fussiness.

“I was angry with the referee in two occasions. He should have let play continue when Kaka was tackled by Lilian Thuram, while that was a penalty on Hernan Crespo after just three minutes. I must say Jonathan Zebina was smart to make that foul,” concluded the Coach, “as it would have been a goal for sure.”

Juventus were surprisingly inefficient, particularly in the first half, and Fabio Capello is fully aware this was a lucky escape for them.

“We misplaced far too many passes and evidently we felt the tension of the occasion,” said Capello. “At one stage I couldn’t even shout at individuals for these errors, as everyone was doing it all over the pitch.”

The first half was particularly worrying with shots raining down on Gianluigi Buffon’s goal and Andriy Shevchenko thumping the woodwork.

“Playing the way we did in the first half and escaping with a 0-0 draw was an absolute blessing for us,” conceded the Juve boss.

“The break comes at the right time for us to recover our energy levels. I’d say that at the back we held out well, but in general the side was slow to pass the ball around and wasted counter-attacks with soft mistakes we just aren’t used to seeing here.”

Marcelo Zalayeta was the main substitution, replacing the disappointing Alessandro Del Piero in the second half.

“Seeing as we had trouble getting close to Dida’s goal, I tried to put in a player who was physically strong and good at holding up the ball.

Gennaro Gattuso claimed tonight’s match left Milan as favourites for the Scudetto despite remaining four points adrift of the leaders.

“We came here to play our game and know we are a good side,” said the midfielder. “It’s a shame we didn’t win, but four points aren’t much at this stage. We wasted three or four counter-attacks and the Juve offside trap was doing overtime.”

“Milan had a difficult start to this season, but for the last couple of games we have hit our stride. I think we proved today that this is clearly a better team than Juve. They are a solid outfit, but we have something more.”

Gianluca Zambrotta believes this is merely a blip on the scanner, though it is the first time Juve have failed to score at the Delle Alpi since Oct 2001, ending a run of 53 consecutive Serie A games.

“Perhaps we were a little nervous to begin with,” conceded the fullback, “but we settled in the second half and it went much better. It is an important result for us, as we’re still four points clear and can recharge our batteries over the Christmas break.”

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
I agree with Ancelloti that milan is the best know , althought i am a juve fan but seeing last night match where milan dominated the match from the start and our players did not even test deda make me say this.

our team dont know how to get the ball frm defence to midfield then to the attack , all the balls are to zlatan then thats it , where is our midfield , they did not do any thing neither defencivly or in the offensive.

LUCK saved us again and i dont know till when we will be saved by this.
by the way DP SHOULD RETIRE (I KNOW A LOT WILL GET ANGRY BUT THIS IS THE TRUTH HE IS NO USE ANYMORE):(

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
The problem is, we were playing at home and we played like an away side. How often does a home team not create chances? How often does one of the better teams in the world play at home, and still not create chances?

Granted, we're playing Milan. But I think we had the advantage over them because we had the crowd behind us. But then again, Juventus have never really been able to do very well against the better teams in the Serie A. We always struggle against the likes of Milan, (and yes) Inter, Roma (when they were still decent) and Lazio (ditto) in the prev seasons. The reason why we've been successful is because we're good at beating the not so strong teams. So chill the fuk out guys, we have 22 games more to go. :D

++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
Gianluca Zambrotta believes this is merely a blip on the scanner, though it is the first time Juve have failed to score at the Delle Alpi since Oct 2001, ending a run of 53 consecutive Serie A games.

“Perhaps we were a little nervous to begin with,” conceded the fullback, “but we settled in the second half and it went much better. It is an important result for us, as we’re still four points clear and can recharge our batteries over the Christmas break.”
Ah, 53 games. Well, everything has to reset at some point. Let's hope we can recover from this small setback, and keep scoring at the Delle Alpi :cool:

++ [ originally posted by Shenanigans ] ++

its not nice to come up with shitty formations. respond to what i said about your formations.
Dude, stfu already you're annoying.

++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
the thing that really makes me nervous is...Juves form is going DOWN and Reals form is going UP. Maybe when we finally meet in february, it will be an even game, and not a 100% Juve victory :) this is what worries me. They (Real) will probably buy someone new and they get a better defence. And maybe a better coach :(
Hmm, btw, if you check it out on team talk: everybody's certain that we have the game won. Complacency is not a good thing. Can you imagine if we not score again at home against Real? And man, I can't picture a shoot-out cos we can't even win a shoot-out when we're having it on our side of the stadium (Remember Old Trafford, vs Milan?)

BTW, I think suggestions of changing the formation is just not advisable. We're at the top of the table thanks to Capello's formations. I think we should stick to it and I doubt Capello would come on the forums and read up on what fans think he should play.

He's not the manager for nothing is he?

arc

Mar 11, 2004
watchin the match last nite is just purely sad, our team played like crap and i agreed elayyan, dp should consider retire and have a bit of dignity

Oct 1, 2002
++ [ originally posted by archaon ] ++
it's not about money .. i just dont wanna see my hero to walk away like a loser
sadly it's all about money in football. we can't afford to pay him a world class wages while he play like an average one.
I love DP as well.To see him leaving Juve is the last thing I would ever want.:down:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by idontlikecheats ] ++
I got one phrase about last nights game......

look at my nickname
Dude, you're about as worthless as a web robot observing the forums. You add nothing new and resemble a static Milan fan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)