[Serie A] Juventus - Milan (7 Viewers)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
All valid points Tom but Capello's Juve have played a certain way all season long and that is defensive with two holding midfielders protecting our back four and I don't think Don Fabio is going to change that any time soon. If he decides to try something new he'll probably do that against a weaker team and what you're saying is all fine and dandy for a side like Barcelona to attempt, but this current Juve isn't a creative attacking squad. They defend compactly and attack effectively but don't score a whole lot. The majority of us here would like to see a more adventurous attractive Juventus, but that's not how Cap wants us to play right now.
Well yeah but we wouldn't get much debate on here if we all followed Capello's decisions without question would we? I'm sure we all realise what he's gonna do but there's no harm in wishing ;)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

Doesn't Nedved always play through the middle? Whats so different about it other than him playing further back? He's quite capable of playing there and certainly isn't afraid to put in a tackle. How can you call an attcking 4-4-2 at home "inane" ? What would you rather we do play 4 defensive mids and get a 0-0?

I actually think Milan's key player will be Gattuso, Emerson for us. Whoever can dominate the middle of the park will surely help spur on the side to victory
We haven't played an attacking 4-4-2 all season long, not against the league's weaker sides, so we won't be doing that against Milan. As much as you and I would like to see it ain't going to happen.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by ADP Timers ] ++
Im watching it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOOOO AWESOME
ok...PLEASE ppl....

avoid too many exclamation marks,capitals or any other excitment sings for no reason.

my heart is very weak in moments like this.
so do my nerves ;)

thanx!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

Well yeah but we wouldn't get much debate on here if we all followed Capello's decisions without question would we? I'm sure we all realise what he's gonna do but there's no harm in wishing ;)
True, I've just gotten used to Capello playing two DMs game in, game out that I don't wish for anything more adventurous nowadays. He doesn't have four DMs in the squad for no reason unfortunately :down:

Racing 1-1 Real btw.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
I thought capello said we weren't gonna kick the ball out when an opposition player is injured?? We just did, and sheva looks fine to me :lazy:

MeRs0

Jun 26, 2004
The Stadio delle Alpi full to capacity for once...as the two sides march out...Pavel Nedved and Alessandro Nesta sharing a joke...but this game will be anything but that.

AT LAST.... hope it continues like that...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Doesn't Nedved always play through the middle? Whats so different about it other than him playing further back? He's quite capable of playing there and certainly isn't afraid to put in a tackle. How can you call an attcking 4-4-2 at home "inane" ? What would you rather we do play 4 defensive mids and get a 0-0?
If Nedved were to play in the center of the pitch, he would actually have less roaming privledge than on the outside. He would have to concentrate on the defensive duties much more than on the outside, and would be limited to where he moves. If he would try to take on a "free-role" in the middle of the park, a hole would undoubtedly be opened when Nedved is out of position. Capello's tactics call for two defensive midfielders, and I said it would be "inane" to use Nedved in that role. I'm sure many would agree with me there.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
I thought capello said we weren't gonna kick the ball out when an opposition player is injured?? We just did, and sheva looks fine to me :lazy:
that's the problem :groan:

oh i wish he gets injured!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)