[Serie A] Juventus - Milan match commentary (1 Viewer)

OP
Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #62
    We set our formation to play for 0:0 and we keep playing like that after we conceded.
    Really good formation if you want to close spaces, but absolutely awful formation if you want to score.

All the so called chances, including the goal, came after corner kicks. Everything else was bad, from both teams, not just Juve.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Best thing in this half: Fans chanting for King's name:touched:.

In these big matches, I know what Del Piero means for Juventus. Even if you'll have one leg Del Piero, your presence itself is worth more than anything. I love you Captain.

OP
    Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #65
    Don't expect Del Piero to come in at halftime. Ciro will still play on closing Milan down and hope that we might score somehow. Only if after 65-70 minutes we're still losing, only then he might change something.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    We set our formation to play for 0:0 and we keep playing like that after we conceded.
    Really good formation if you want to close spaces, but absolutely awful formation if you want to score.
    We sure closed a lot of space down on that corner!

Rubbish, cowardly football. That's all that it is.

SABSAB

Snoop Stinks
    Dec 10, 2008
    Don't expect Del Piero to come in at halftime. Ciro will still play on closing Milan down and hope that we might score somehow. Only if after 65-70 minutes we're still losing, only then he might change something.
    I don't expect him to come in at all.

OP
    Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #70
    We sure closed a lot of space down on that corner!

Rubbish, cowardly football. That's all that it is.
    Absolutely.

But that corner had a lot to do with marking set pieces and this year we're really bad at that. It was probably our main strength in the last 2 years but this year it's one of our main weaknesses and I don't know if Cannavaro and Grosso have something to do with it or it's Ferrara's fault (or a mixture of both).

But during play we did close them down well and it must be admitted. I didn't even notice Dinho while Beckham was allowed to make only one single cross (excluding set-pieces). Pirlo and Ambro were also neutralized and Gattuso had the ball a lot.

But it was absolutely useless when you know that we can't even come close to their box from open play.
    Cowardly indeed. And it will be even more cowardly if Ciro keeps the same formation when it's obvious that it won't work attacking-wise

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Diego had one in which he curled just wide.

It's almost as if we don't have any players besides him moving into the opposition's half.
    That was even weak and it didn't even disturb Dida.

How on earth, a certified coach, who has played all his career with top teams can play Marchisio on the left side. What a fucked up joke is this?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Absolutely.

But that corner had a lot to do with marking set pieces and this year we're really bad at that. It was probably our main strength in the last 2 years but this year it's one of our main weaknesses and I don't know if Cannavaro and Grosso have something to do with it or it's Ferrara's fault (or a mixture of both).

But during play we did close them down well and it must be admitted. I didn't even notice Dinho while Beckham was allowed to make only one single cross (excluding set-pieces). Pirlo and Ambro were also neutralized and Gattuso had the ball a lot.

But it was absolutely useless when you know that we can't even come close to their box from open play.
    Cowardly indeed. And it will be even more cowardly if Ciro keeps the same formation when it's obvious that it won't work attacking-wise
    But that's the thing. Either way, they're going to score. So the answer is not more defense, not more players behind the ball, but actually trying to go out there and win the game for real. Milan's defense isn't something spectacular; they have Antonini and Abate as fullbacks for Christ's sake.

Second half underway.

OP
    Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #74
    Seriously, for weeks I keep predicting correctly what will Ciro do and it's annoying. It's annoying because it's not a coincidence and I know how he thinks.
    And the way he thinks and sets the formations/makes changes, is disasterous.

Now we miss a chance after corner. Chiellini reacted badly.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    I just want to know one thing and I will shut up.

When you play a poor football in the first half, and you haven't had one decent shot, why it takes you time to put Del Piero in? Does it mean he's satisfied with our performance? I'm serious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)