[Serie A] Juventus - Lecce (15 Viewers)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
hope we score some goals and get the confidence back, but its very important for us not to conceed even if its a little harder with no canna or zambo.

but i trust the whole and cap, soo all the luck ... its a shame i cant watch the game.. rai int. r showing milan- palermo which in all fairness is a more competative game.. thats why i will sleep :D

forzaa juvee

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
the last matches he was doing ok including Messina and Inter, but his first half performance against Bremen, yeah that was sad..

Any line-ups yet? other than that Gazzetta's, they seem to be drunk or smtng

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
A couple of PPLive channels will be showing the game right? It says so on Tvmix.net

Anyway, I wish Del Piero would start the game today. Zlatan just isn't hitting top form at the moment. He's had his fair share of starts in the line-up and I think it's about time for him to sit on the bench and be the reliever of either Ale or Trez at the moment.

We can't afford another slip beacuse that would jeopardize our hold on Serie A and would be another source of distraction from the Champions League.

Oct 2, 2005
mutu will start instead of nedved

and tuttosport reports today that capello will start with del pieor after being convinced by the fans

gazzettas line ups are usually right

Oct 2, 2005
i think zlatan should start

he didnt score against weder but he scored in the last 3 before that i think.

if he scores today and puts in a good performance it will boost his confidence. its lecce anyway so i dont see why not.

plus he and del piero can play together.

Oct 2, 2005
but gazzetta have balza TWICE in their line up!

Juventus
1 Buffon
14 Balzaretti
6 Kovac
21 Thuram
14 Balzaretti
16 Camoranesi
4 Vieira
8 Emerson
18 Mutu
9 Ibrahimovic
10 Del Piero

A disposizione
32 Abbiati
20 Blasi
7 Pessotto
11 Nedved
23 Giannichedda
25 Zalayeta
17 Trezeguet
Allenatore
Capello

Lecce
99 Benussi
30 Camisa
6 Saidi
2 Diamoutene
3 Rullo
25 Konan
77 Cassetti
18 Giacomazzi
40 Delvecchio
7 Camorani
9 Vucinic

A disposizione
90 Rosati
6 Cichero
21 Stovini
23 Marianini
17 Giorgino
8 Pinardi
13 Babù
Allenatore

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
Serie A Preview: Juventus-Lecce

The last time Juve faced Lecce they had just suffered their first Champions league defeat of the season, losing to Bayern Munich in Germany. Capello’s men come into this game on the back of another defeat to German opposition, this time at the hands of Werder Bremen. Lecce will be mindful of suffering another backlash against a side that has not failed to win after a defeat this season.

BACKGROUND

Juventus come into the match after a poor display against Werder on Wednesday. The Bianconeri went down 3-2 to the German side, looking at the back and wasteful in attack. The loss marks Juve’s third competitive loss of the season and Capello’s men will be anxious to keep their lead at the top of Serie A intact. Striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic for his performance in the Champions league tie and his performance will be under the microscope against Lecce this weekend. The Swede has failed to live up to the stunning form he showed in his first season with the Turin giants and goals have been hard to come by. Del Piero came off the bench on Wednesday to inspire his side in attack but his impact was not enough. Del Piero could find himself starting against Lecce after such an inspired display.

Lecce have struggled with life in Serie since the departure of controversial coach Zeman. The Czech’s Lecce side were a revelation in Serie A, with Zeman’s attacking play delighting the neutrals and helping cause some major upsets in the league. Many critics were quick to point out Lecce’s defensive failings, but whilst the goals flowed at the other end, Lecce could afford to concede a few. This season has been a totally different story with just 16 goals scored this season only lowly Treviso have scored less. Defensively Lecce are amongst the worst I the league and survival looks almost impossible. If Lecce are to survive they need to go on a winning run but the Stadio Delle Alpi is a tough place to start.

TEAM NEWS

Juventus
Kovac comes in for the injured Cannavaro and Balzaretti continues at left back. Chiellini also plays on the other flank. Del Piero should start on the bench despite his impressive show against breman.

Lecce
Baldini has almost a full squad to chose from. Konan and Vucinic will start up front whilst former Juve target Ledesma will miss the game through injury. Delvecchio will also make up the attack for the Lecce side.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Juventus
Ibrahimovic has not been as lethal as he would have liked in front of goal this season, but Capello has given the Swede another chance after his poor showing against Werder. The former Ajax man has the skill to overcome his recent drought.

Lecce
Inter target Vucinic will be anxious to prove that he was not just a one season wonder. The striker has shown only flashed of the brilliance that saw him penetrate Serie A defenses last term.

PROBABLE STARTING XIs

Juventus (4-4-2)
Buffon - Chiellini, Thuram, Kovac, Balzaretti - Camoranesi, Emerson, Vieira, Nedved - Trezeguet, Ibrahimovic.

Lecce (4-3-3)
Benussi - Camissa, Saidi, Diamoutene, Rullo - Konan, Cassetti, Giacomazzi - Delvecchio, Camorani, Vucinic

PREDICTION

Juventus should easily cope with Lecce and return to winning ways.

Juventus 3-1 Lecce

jacked from goal.com

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
What kind of source does Gazetta have? You can't field two pisitions with just one players.

Any other reliable source for the official line-up?

Any exactly how many minutes before the game starts? 45 minutes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)