[Serie A] Juventus - Fiorentina (62 Viewers)

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
i was about to feel sore about the incident in the last minutec coz that was definately a foul by thuram that might give fiorentina even a penalty....being we are leading 1-0 in 94th minute it looks as if the ref afraid to make brave decision against us

but then again after i read up this thread i understand thats its good advantage call from the ref. relieve to know we earn the 94th minute save fair and square..:D

i dont care how boring did we earn the victory as long as its fair and square..;)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
i was about to feel sore about the incident in the last minutec coz that was definately a foul by thuram that might give fiorentina even a penalty.
Even if the ref blew the whistle, it was just outside the box, which would have been a free-kick.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
yeah my opinion it was out side the box as well but i dont suprise, in those instance if any ref give it a penalty.... gladly this ref see it as a FK and do an advantage that we eventually saves....

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I like to see Olivera scoring. This will give him added confidence, and I hope Capello starts using Ruben a bit more, possibly taking Camo's spot.

Jan 7, 2004
gazzetta talks marvels about him

In un ruolo speciale, da incontrista (dall'11' della ripresa), al posto di Emerson (che ha preso un pestone doloroso), un altro a 21 anni avrebbe quantomeno tentennato. Lui no. Lui che è nato attaccante, provato da Lippi trequartista, poi impiegato da Capello esterno di destra, si butta nella mischia, recupera palloni, allarga le braccia, mette la gamba, poi, al 27' (s.t.) quando Nedved pennella dalla bandierina e Camoranesi sul primo palo prolunga, spunta in area con il piatto (destro) giusto infila e travolge Lupatelli. Così la Juventus batte la Fiorentina 1-0, archivia la caduta a Reggio Calabria e riprende la cavalcata da record e le distanze dal Milan che non va oltre lo 0-0 a Brescia.

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
i was about to feel sore about the incident in the last minutec coz that was definately a foul by thuram that might give fiorentina even a penalty....being we are leading 1-0 in 94th minute it looks as if the ref afraid to make brave decision against us

but then again after i read up this thread i understand thats its good advantage call from the ref. relieve to know we earn the 94th minute save fair and square..:D

i dont care how boring did we earn the victory as long as its fair and square..;)
Here is the explanation (given by a Romanist commentator like Mazzocchi).

A. THE FOUL BY THURAM IS OUTSIDE THE AREA

B. THE TIME AND EXTRA TIME WAS OVER. ONLY A PENALTY COULD HAVE BEEN GIVEN, NOT A FREE KICK. SO THE REFEREE ENDED THE GAME RIGHT THERE

C. THURAM SHOULD HAVE BEEN EXPELLED FOR LAST MAN FOULING

D. ADVANTAGE RULE MAY HAVE BEEN CONSIDERED BECAUSE THE OTHER FIORENTINA PLAYER WAS IN POSITION TO RECEIVE THE BALL AND SCORE

Believe me this is reasonable, and said by somebody, like a Romanist fan, who would love to find any reason to attack Juventus makes it adamant

xziz :cool:

OP
ZhiXin

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #669
    ++ [ originally posted by Alucard Belmont ] ++
    So Miccoli want to score against Buffon? Go to sleep, you can make it in your dream. :nasty:
    Micooli loves to dream. I heard that we played pretty crap. But it is wonderful to gain those 3 rounds.

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
    from: http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/v4/l0/s22/e6873/sport_lng0_spo22_evt6873_sto656376.shtml

Juve go six clear as Milan mis-fire

Juventus swept into a six-point lead at the top of the table with a hard-fought 1-0 win over Fiorentina on Wednesday. Second-half sub Ruben Olivera stroked home from close range after 72 minutes to help the bianconeri edge away from Milan, who were held to a goalless draw at Brescia.

Fiorentina boasted two former Juve players in their ranks, with Fabrizio Miccoli and Enzo Maresca both with points to prove to the club who let them go over the summer.

The pair fashioned an early opening for their new side, Miccoli cleverly disguising a free-kick ten minutes in, dinking the ball to the back post when Juve expected a shot only for the unmarked Maresca to head meekly at Gianluigi Buffon.

But Maresca found the going tough against Juve's muscular midfield while Miccoli was increasingly isolated as the game wore on with Fabio Capello's well-drilled side snuffing out danger with ruthless efficiency.

But another summer Fiorentina arrival could have pegged Juve back, but Javier Portillo - on loan from Real Madrid - stabbed wide with Buffon grounded deep into injury time.

Luck was on the side of Juve as Fiorentina's other best two chances fell to defender Tomas Ujfalusi, who maldroitly fired wide having muscled onto a through ball before snatching hastily at a rebound after Buffon had palmed away a stinging Miccoli free-kick.

SUBLIME TOUCHES

But Juve - whose success this season has been built on its watertight foundations - also had their chances with Zlatan Ibrahimovic - the man whose arrival sparked Miccoli's departure - showing some sublime touches up front.

The Swede - an 18m euro buy from Ajax in the close season - was a constant cause for Fiorentina concern as his close control and awareness threatened to undo Sergio Buso's side on several occasions.

But it was not until the introduction of Olivera - for the consistently disappointing Alessandro del Piero - that Juve broke through, Mauro Camoranesi flicking on Pavel Nedved's corner to give Olivera a simple chance.

"It wasn't easy," said Juve coach Fabio Capello. "Fiorentina are a very well-organised side and one of the hardest teams to play against at the moment."

- - - -

BRESCIA 0 AC MILAN 0

Without injured striker Andriy Shevchenko, AC Milan looked short of ideas up front. The home side went close to taking the lead in the first half, Andrea Caracciolo hitting the post after 13 minutes. Milan pressed forward more urgently in the last quarter of an hour but, despite the 88th-minute sending-off of Brescia captain Luigi Di Biagio, they failed to break the deadlock.

- - - -

CHIEVO VERONA 1 ATALANTA 0

A second-half goal by striker Simone Tiribocchi left winless Atalanta four points adrift at the bottom of the standings. Tiny Chievo, meanwhile, rose to fifth.

- - - -

INTER MILAN 2 BOLOGNA 2

It was the same old story for Inter, who have now racked up nine draws in 11 games and squandered the lead in six of them. Inter twice went ahead through goals by Sinisa Mihajlovic and Adriano. Bologna defender Fabio Petruzzi cancelled out the first before striker Claudio Bellucci headed home a second equaliser two minutes from time on another frustrating night for Inter supporters.

- - - -

LIVORNO 1 LAZIO 0

Promoted Livorno made it four wins from their last five matches, thanks to Cristiano Lucarelli's header just before halftime. After the interval, Lazio striker Simone Inzaghi twice failed to capitalise after being put through one-on-one against goalie Marco Amelia.

- - - -

PARMA 1 REGGINA 0

Reggina returned to earth with a bump after their weekend win over leaders Juventus. Midfielder Domenico Morfeo gave Parma their second victory of the season with a looping header 11 minutes from the end.

- - - -

AS ROMA 0 UDINESE 3

Initially outplayed by a well-organised Udinese side, Roma then self-destructed. Striker Vincenzo Iaquinta's sweetly-struck free kick put the visitors ahead just before the interval. Vincenzo Montella almost equalised immediately after the break, but the 60th-minute sending-off of defender Luigi Sartor left the hosts a man short and gifted Udinese a penalty, which David Pizarro converted. Iaquinta added a third late on as Roma unravelled.

- - - -

SAMPDORIA 0 CAGLIARI 0

Both sides continue to hover in midtable following this low-key draw. Sampdoria playmaker Cristiano Doni came close to scoring on the hour, when his near-range header forced a diving save from keeper Theofanis Katergiannakis.

- - - -

SIENA 1 LECCE 1

Lecce avoided a third consecutive defeat when they came from behind to draw with lowly Siena. Midfielder Fabio Pecchia's glancing header gave the Tuscan side the lead after 29 minutes, but the southerners responded midway through the second half when defender Marco Cassetti unleashed a fierce equalizer from 25 metres out.

Eurosport - ih & Reuters 10/11/2004

OP
    ZhiXin

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #671
    Thx for the match reports xziz. And I heard that Milan played with only 1 striker last night.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    When I say we came out flat, and we played a really "stale" game, it would definitely be an understatement.........

I almost fell asleep twice. I wasnt alone, for it seemed that most of the Juve players were in dreamland......

Someone had to save the day, but it wasnt one of the usual suspects. Ruben Olivera had a nice tap in from a corner kick that initially was touched by Camo

But our problems continue :

- Camo still doent know how to pass/ when to pass

- Zlatan is under the impression that its him against 11 other players, and he must dribble past them all

Our offense is desperately missing a striker/finisher :

- DP is inconsistent
    - Zlatan is overrated
    - Zala is mediocre

This will be our downfall this season, mark my words- whether it be in Serie A or the CL or both !!

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
    When I say we came out flat, and we played a really "stale" game, it would definitely be an understatement.........

I almost fell asleep twice. I wasnt alone, for it seemed that most of the Juve players were in dreamland......

Someone had to save the day, but it wasnt one of the usual suspects. Ruben Olivera had a nice tap in from a corner kick that initially was touched by Camo

But our problems continue :

- Camo still doent know how to pass/ when to pass

- Zlatan is under the impression that its him against 11 other players, and he must dribble past them all

- DP is inconsistent
    - Zlatan is overrated
    - Zala is mediocre

This will be our downfall this season, mark my words- whether it be in Serie A or the CL or both !!

looks like everything is back to normal.

vinny where did you see the game ?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    You know what Vinny, Zlatan holding on to the ball for longer than you would like is actually a blessing in disguise IMO. Zlatan created the goal against Bayern that Del Piero scored off of Kahn's howler, and there have been numerous other goals that have been created by Zlatan. He might hold on to the ball for long periods, but sometimes thats better than just passing it away; that's what the defense expects. Zlatan holding on to the ball creates time and space for other players to move, and get into threatening positions. So I have been pleased with his performance so far.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    You know what Vinny, Zlatan holding on to the ball for longer than you would like is actually a blessing in disguise IMO. Zlatan created the goal against Bayern that Del Piero scored off of Kahn's howler, and there have been numerous other goals that have been created by Zlatan. He might hold on to the ball for long periods, but sometimes thats better than just passing it away; that's what the defense expects. Zlatan holding on to the ball creates time and space for other players to move, and get into threatening positions. So I have been pleased with his performance so far.
    That would be all fine and good if he actually lured 2, 3 or 4 guys to him, then passed it to an open man. But, that isnt happening . He usually loses the ball by the time 3 defenders are on him...believe me, its only a matter of time before Nedved or DP blow up on him....

Yes, once, his little trick worked against Munich, but has failed too many other times....

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

- DP is inconsistent
    - Zlatan is overrated
    - Zala is mediocre

Vinster ur being a bit too harsh here. Juve although dont have great depth in resources, theyre making the most of their chances. And thats what counts. Id like to see Cassano in the ranks, all said and done.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    I dunno, thats why I said some moron :D
    that was Zambrotta btw ;)
    ++ [ originally posted by Qaterminator ] ++
    Nedved is my Man Of The Match :D
    Sad to say, Nedved sucked today
    ++ [ originally posted by HWIENIAWSKI ] ++
    I didn't even know about this match!!! Thank God we won! Forzza Juve!
    :wth: didn't you not know about the Bayern match too?

It could have been messy had Ujfalusi and Portillo converted their chances :scary: we looked very uninspired in attack and were lucky to get the single goal.

Everyone else has said all there is to say, but I must add my comment on Camoranesi in particular. He had a typical Camo game, being very involved in the match and seeing a lot of the ball, but also losing it every second time he got it. Camo really needs to learn how to pass and cross the ball. Very frustrating to watch :irritate:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 62)