[Serie A] Juventus - Fiorentina (1 Viewer)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Capello archives Reggina loss Tuesday 9 November, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus boss Fabio Capello is confident that his side can get back to winning ways on Wednesday.

"We want to make up for that undeserved defeat at Reggio Calabria by beating Fiorentina," he stated.

"A win would also be important as we want to take advantage of the fact that both Milan and Inter only drew at the weekend.

"We played well at Reggio but we were simply unfortunate. However, the side has reacted well to the setback."

Juve fell to a shock 2-1 defeat at Reggina on Saturday and could find it tough to break down a rejuvenated Fiorentina.

"It will be a difficult game but we have what is needed to do well," added the tactician. "The Viola are a dangerous side, one that can quickly turn defence into attack."

There has always been a great rivalry between the two clubs, but the game has extra spice after Juve sold Enzo Maresca, Giorgio Chiellini and Fabrizio Miccoli in the summer.

"They are doing very well in Florence, even if we would be happy if they don’t excel on Wednesday evening," noted Capello.

The tactician has admitted that he will make few changes to the side that lost at Reggina, but Alex Del Piero, who is 30 today, will return to the line-up.

"Alex is feeling good and has recovered from his slight problem, he is ready to start," he explained.

"His birthday? He is a player who has a lot more experience than his 30 years suggest. He is someone who certainly has even more to give Italian football and Juventus.

"His behaviour has always been exemplary, one which youngsters have followed. These are the champions that we want to see."

:):)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++

when i was saying:i don;t want miccoli back,
everyone was :fero: at me....

it feels good to be right!:stuckup:
after what he declared , i couldn't care anymore, But Enzo is something i can never forget, wish he'd be back:frown:

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
-

Juventus vs. Fiorentina

One of the most eagerly awaited games of Serie A is coming up tomorrow. As the season fixtures were drawn at the beginning of the season Miccoli, Maresca and Chiellini must have been waiting for this day to come. They will step into the Delle Alpi but this time not donning the famous Bianconeri shirt, they will play as enraged opponents with 'revenge' on their minds. Miccoli vowed to score against Juve even if it was from a penalty kick whereas Maresca let his feelings regarding Juve's cold treatment be known to everyone. Ofcourse, Enzo Maresca was once an instant favourite for Juve fans after his infamous goal celebrations after scoring in the Torino derby.

Those ex-Juve players found it difficult at the beginning at Florence as the Viola fans jeered and haunted them in training sessions due to their Juve roots. However, those 'boos' quickly turned to 'woos' as the fans were impressed with Miccoli and Maresca's performances and dedication to the purple shirt. When Miccoli was substituted in the second half for Enrico Fantini in the weekend's match against Inter, the Stadio Artemio Franchi rose to a standing ovation for the devilish wonderkid who was extremely unlucky not to score in this match. He was probably just warming up for Juve !!

As for Juve and their fans, they were left shell shocked for their first ever defeat this season at the Stadio Granillo against relegation strugglers Reggina. Even though the defeat came due to extraordinarily fortunate goals and appalling referee decisions, the Juve players and coach must respond as true title challengers and look for a speedy return to winning ways. Juve were blessed that Milan and Inter didn't take full advantage of this surprising defeat as both teams drew their respective matches and only recovered a single point instead of a possible three.

The midfield area promises to be a genuine battle field between Blasi-Emerson from Juve and Maresca-Ariatti-Obodo from Fiorentina, and whichever partners win this battle would unlock the key to winning this match. Obodo covered every inch of grass in the match against Inter and stamped his authority without fear of the opponents, whereas Maresca moved smoothly while his passes were precise and neat. Captain Ariatti or Mr. Reliable is also showing steady impressive performances since the start of the season, worthy of a callup to the national team. On the other side, Emerson has proven his worth and is becoming a true leader to the team even though he has just joined the team this season. Blasi repaid Capello's faith who refused to involve him in any transfer deal in the summer after being impressed with his performances in training sessions and preseason friendly matches.

Another important clash is going to be between the goalscoring strikers. Zlatan Ibrahimovic is the player who to took over Miccoli's no 9 shirt and both players will be facing each other. Miccoli also accused Del Piero of being the golden boy for Lippi and the reason that he never got playing time even though he deserved it. On the other hand, Juve nightmares will be relived in the form of Japanese Hidetoshi Nakata who famously scored a goal and helped Montella score another to claim a draw that gifted Roma the Scudetto. So much drama is involved in this encounter as emotions run high but the players should keep their cool and try to convert the chances they get into goals.

Buffon and Juve's defence will try to redeem themselves after letting in 2 goals against Reggina, doubling the number of goals conceded this season. Ex-Roma GK Lupatelli was inspiring and shot down most attacks from Inter's Adriano and Martins on the weekend and will try to do the same against Juve's Ibrahimovic and Alex Del Piero.

Aug 26, 2003
I hope that we play with Olivera from the beginning!!! IMO he really deserves a chance, he would work hard and would be more lively than Camo!!

but as it seems Capello is in favour for Camo at the moment!!

I think we will draw in this game!!

del Piero to score!

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
i think the juve defense will keep miccoli quite while blasi and emerson will prevail in midfield and allow neddy inflict alot of damage i predict a great 2-0 victory del piero to score first and zlatan the second both assisted by neddy brilliance

also i cant believe zambrotta isnt shortlisted for the euro player of the year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)