SERIE A: Juventus - Chievo (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Following the slip up against Empoli we don't have any other choice but to win this game. I have a feeling that Lippi is going to change tactics for this match, so maybe we'll see Miccoli return to the starting line-up in a 4-2-3-1 scheme or something. Prediction? After the 3-3 draw with Empoli I'm done predicting Juve games.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
My guess is that we'll concede at least two goals... I'm not sure how many we'll score.

IMO Moggi should buy us two new centre backs and play them from start against Chievo, so that they get a feel of the team and somewhat learn to play together for the Roma match.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Mmmmm... with this defense we will not reach a thing.

We will surely score some goals... but if we cannot manage to keep the lead in the games.. we will not succeed.

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by -Z- ] ++
My guess is that we'll concede at least two goals... I'm not sure how many we'll score.

IMO Moggi should buy us two new centre backs and play them from start against Chievo, so that they get a feel of the team and somewhat learn to play together for the Roma match.
buying two new defenders will need a lot of time to adapt the team tactics.. specially in juve.. new fresh defenders could cost us more troubles in defence than we already have..

IMHO, just play thuram as CB.. get rid of juliano.. that's it for the time being.. in the next summer, go for new defenders..

as for Chievo's match.. let's hope we score more goals than what our solid defence concedes..

no predictions..

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
We've always done well against Chievo... this is gonna be no different.

Juves defense wasn't the only reason Empoli managed to score.. All 3 goals were quality - especially the 3rd.

Of course the defense is suspect but still good enough to hold out Chievo.

Im still hoping for a last minute transfer by Moggi this week ... We need a defender.

Iuliano, Pessotto etc are no good. Juve should have sold Iuliano to Milan last year when they wanted him :(

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
Juve: They are in pretty good shape after the match with Empoli, even though it ended 3-3. The frontline looks awesome, with both Trezeguet and Del Piero in great form after their recent hat-tricks. The defence, however, looks worse than ever, with 3 goals conceded against Empoli and now 21 in total. If things continue like this Juve will struggle in every game and could end the season without their 28th Lo Scudetto. Let's hope Lippi does something about it.

Chievo: Even though their season hasn't gone their way, their recent win against Brescia showed they are no pushover. With one goal down, they hit back and eventually won 3-1. It seems they are gaining back their confidence from last season so look out Juve.

My prediction: It will be a pretty balanced match but Juve should prove to hard for Chievo and win 2-1. Hopefully Del Piero will score from a free-kick as he has not done that in some time now.:)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by paulo ] ++
Juve: They are in pretty good shape after the match with Empoli, even though it ended 3-3. The frontline looks awesome, with both Trezeguet and Del Piero in great form after their recent hat-tricks. The defence, however, looks worse than ever, with 3 goals conceded against Empoli and now 21 in total. If things continue like this Juve will struggle in every game and could end the season without their 28th Lo Scudetto. Let's hope Lippi does something about it.

Chievo: Even though their season hasn't gone their way, their recent win against Brescia showed they are no pushover. With one goal down, they hit back and eventually won 3-1. It seems they are gaining back their confidence from last season so look out Juve.

My prediction: It will be a pretty balanced match but Juve should prove to hard for Chievo and win 2-1. Hopefully Del Piero will score from a free-kick as he has not done that in some time now.:)
Already a thread :)

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Ohh.....well.
4-2-3-1
I want to see Legro with Ferrari in the center.if not,thenLegro with Montero.
Let Maresca play with Conte as DM's,if He is still injured then Tach.
And i would like to see Micco-Neddy-Del piero behind Trez.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
All this talk about tactics won't do anyone any good unless the following line is observed at all times:

Our defence (out of all shortcomings) mostly lacks pace. At any time the team must stay back and defend, only to quickly go forward with only a small number of players when the opportunity is there.

Catenaccio I say. There's no point in attacking (when our defenders also go forward) if we can't get back on time.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
i'm done with predicting either....:p

dont care how many goals, but a win.....WIN...as in 3points, mr lippi...?

dont care bout goals conceided either.....we already have 21, what's another 2 or 3 :stuckup:

Pete

Nov 23, 2003
I don't feel like predicting this match...many of you have covered why..bloody defence - let's just hope Juve can pick up the 3 points, by scoring more goals than the opposition!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)