[SERIE A] Juventus - Catania (24th September, 2008) (32 Viewers)

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Juventino[RUS];1752882 said:
pffffffff, Walcott was 16 years old when joined Arsenal!!!!!!!!!!now he is 19 years old and main arsenal roster player!!!!Gio arleady 21, Ronaldo begin in 20-21 in Man.Utd, Messi in 19 in Barca!!!!!!Gio can do well!!!!!!!like today - he was sensational!!!!!!
Actually messi played he's first official game for barca when he was 17.........

Buy on AliExpress.com

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Juventus Ranieri 'wasted a lot'

23:08, 24 September

Claudio Ranieri can not be satisfied: "We have wasted so many occasions - he said - I hope the next time they do less but more concrete. The first time we played better anyway. Playing on a field so it is not easy, it seems a field of sand, but I try not mitigated. I saw very well Giovinco, moreover, was what I expected from him tonight

Thats a copule of times hes blamed the Olympico pitch

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Chiellini cost us the game?
An uncharacteristic defensive howler in response to a blown Marchionni play. But it's the only thing that Catania did that threatened much, and it counted and we countered with a paper defense.

And I've seen better finishing at the Paralympics.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Ranieri: It wouldn't go in! Wednesday 24 September, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Claudio Ranieri was cursing Juventus’ luck after they “tried everything to score” the winner against Catania.

The Bianconeri had taken the lead through Amauri, but couldn’t fight back after Gianvito Plasmati’s equaliser.

“In the last half-hour we tried everything to score, but the ball didn’t want to go in. It’s a shame,” mused the tactician.

“We wasted a lot of chances, but this is football and one day the game will come where we only need a couple of opportunities to win. We’ll do better in time.”

Plasmati was able to tap in from close range after a cross went past both Nicola Legrottaglie and Giorgio Chiellini.

“We conceded a goal thanks to an absurd bounce of the ball, as Chiellini had it covered and it changed direction. We are playing on sand in Turin, but so are our opponents, although it’s worse for us when we try to play the ball to feet.

“Catania worked hard, clammed up and if you don’t have the right pace in moving the ball around, you can’t break them down.”

Sebastian Giovinco was fielded on the left side of midfield in place of Pavel Nedved and, aside from setting up Amauri’s goal, he impressed the Juve faithful.

“We took Giovinco back home because we expect him to perform the way he did tonight,” said Ranieri.

“He started many scoring opportunities and did well. This is what we wanted.”

Catania Coach Walter Zenga went close to causing an upset at San Siro against Inter 10 days ago and finally managed to snatch a point from Juve.

“For more than an hour we were on level terms with Juventus, then a great performance from our goalkeeper Bizzarri helped take home the point,” said the boss.

Channel 4

Mar 30, 2006
nahhh he can't play too much. we have to nurture him slow and steady like arsene wenger is doing to walcott. don't overwork him or overhype him.

BUT if ranieri still plays giovinco 1 game in every month, i will make sure that i pick every single one of his teeth out and stick it into his shithole and make sure that his shit has nowhr to come out other than his mouth
I think Ranieri should stop acting like Giovinco is 12.

He is 21. He should start. He has played a whole season in Serie A and is the starting CAM for the Italian under 21 team. He has enough experience and we need him to play.

Walcot was 16 when Arsenal bought him thats why their coach did not throw him in the deep end. But look at Cesc he was a starter at 18 and is syounger than Giovinco I think.

We need 2 of either Camo, Giovinco or Nedved on the field at all times .. seeing how Camo is out ... Giovinco should start and when Camo is back Giovinco should still start!

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
I agree but the 2 games we won plus the CL we won with only 1 goal. This year we are not scoring. If we concede a goal we are finished. We=ith this team we will finish in Serie B this time on our merits and I am sure we will not qualify from the CL group. We are not competitive, we are a mediocre team. Ranieri and the management should be fired for the players we bought and Ranieri is not good.
I hear this a lot and i think we should give a little time to our players. This year we definitely have 4 fantastic attackers. But the team is new yet and we need some time. For scoring many goals the midfielders must learn very well the game of our attackers. Zanetti is one player that does it. Camo and Neddy too. But that's it. Momo played only six months in Juve last year and he is still learning. And there are more such players. Gio, Marchisio and Poulsen are new. Gryera who helps a lot didn't play last year and Molinaro is new too. Marchionni didn't play last year because of his injuries and he needs some time too...

Just be a little patient. This year we have a much better team than last year and we should just give a little more time to our new players...

Dukoski

Moggi's Admirer and Fan
May 1, 2006
No doubt. He and the crossbar share the spoils. :D

You forgot to bring your brain with yourself.

Don't post stupid stuff, please.
You obviously forget to bring your eyes and because you do not have a brain you dont have what to bring with this so stypid comment.Definitely you do not watch the game.Next time watch the game and then write stupid posts.Maybe then you will be less idiocratic .

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Frustrating evening, with a rather frustrating result. Its games like these that decide the title race. And its games like these where Trez is needed the most.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
it's still early on in the season, I hope the team realises very soon that they cannot relax for even a split second against the smaller teams...time and again, they have come back to bite us in the ass

Dukoski

Moggi's Admirer and Fan
May 1, 2006
Ranieri: It wouldn't go in! Wednesday 24 September, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Claudio Ranieri was cursing Juventus’ luck after they “tried everything to score” the winner against Catania.

The Bianconeri had taken the lead through Amauri, but couldn’t fight back after Gianvito Plasmati’s equaliser.

“In the last half-hour we tried everything to score, but the ball didn’t want to go in. It’s a shame,” mused the tactician.

“We wasted a lot of chances, but this is football and one day the game will come where we only need a couple of opportunities to win. We’ll do better in time.”

Plasmati was able to tap in from close range after a cross went past both Nicola Legrottaglie and Giorgio Chiellini.

“We conceded a goal thanks to an absurd bounce of the ball, as Chiellini had it covered and it changed direction. We are playing on sand in Turin, but so are our opponents, although it’s worse for us when we try to play the ball to feet.

“Catania worked hard, clammed up and if you don’t have the right pace in moving the ball around, you can’t break them down.”

Sebastian Giovinco was fielded on the left side of midfield in place of Pavel Nedved and, aside from setting up Amauri’s goal, he impressed the Juve faithful.

“We took Giovinco back home because we expect him to perform the way he did tonight,” said Ranieri.

“He started many scoring opportunities and did well. This is what we wanted.”

Catania Coach Walter Zenga went close to causing an upset at San Siro against Inter 10 days ago and finally managed to snatch a point from Juve.

“For more than an hour we were on level terms with Juventus, then a great performance from our goalkeeper Bizzarri helped take home the point,” said the boss.

Channel 4
Again same shit from Ranieri.Next time will be better.Every time,next game.Fuck.We played,bad,bad.We can not blame luckbut our game and this so called tactician

GrandePavel

Pavel The Czech Warrior
Aug 5, 2008
Very unlucky tonight, Del Piero and Amauri were so unlucky!
Impressed with Giovinco, but he lacked the experience when 1 on 1 with keeper as he should have went to the keeper's left or right not straight at him!
Manninger was good and was there when called upon.
Nedved should have been brought on at 75 mins as he would have delivered better set plays than Del piero did tonight.
Inter again won ugly as they always do yet we did not have the luck tonight to win ugly as the forces of darkness had all the luck. Hope to see both Camo and Pavel back on Saturday for the full 90.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Again same shit from Ranieri.Next time will be better.Every time,next game.Fuck.We played,bad,bad.We can not blame luckbut our game and this so called tactician
but everything he said is right, and we didnt play bad. We just couldn't close the game down and finish it off with a 2nd goal, thats where we struggled

Mar 9, 2006
Amauri: «We're only at the beginning, we can only get better».«Unfortunately my goal wasn't enough to win this time. We should have done better getting another goal with all the chances we had. Shame about that funny bounce that cost us a goal. We're only at the beginning and we can only get better. Giovinco gave me a beautiful pass; he is proof of how strong the squad is, a squad where everyone is well-prepared when they're called into action»
Giovinco: «We’re happy about our performance, not so the result». «Fortunately I'd already played here when Juve were in Serie B, so I wasn't that nervous. We're sorry for how the game went. We're happy with our performance but not the result. The turf didn't help us, but we’re not looking for alibis, we created at least 10 goal-scoring chances, we were only unable to convert them. The chance I had? I didn't hit the ball right; I should've lifted it or put it in the middle».
heroes of this battle

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
it isn't Ranieri's fault that Chi made such a big mistake...according to everyone Juve created loads of chances and Giovinco started the match...what else do you guys want? Marchionni is the direct replacement for Camo, and did well against Cagliari so he deserved a game today...it's a combination of bad luck and loss of concentration...lets move on and think about the Sampdoria game

tibike

Dec 11, 2007
it isn't Ranieri's fault that Chi made such a big mistake...according to everyone Juve created loads of chances and Giovinco started the match...what else do you guys want? Marchionni is the direct replacement for Camo, and did well against Cagliari so he deserved a game today...it's a combination of bad luck and loss of concentration...lets move on and think about the Sampdoria game
Agreed. As much as I don't rate Ranieri, he really made the right choices today. He put on Sali so that Gio has more space, and he had, but we just couldn't score. Then Gio got a bit injured, so Pavel was brought on and Marchisio's passing was often poor, so he introduced a midfielder with better passing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)