[SERIE A] Juventus - Catania (24th September, 2008) (2 Viewers)

tpain

Apr 8, 2008
ok my second try on review

Manninger 6.5 - did not have much to do, made a acrobatic save from that incredible long shot which i think buffon would have gathered with ease.

Chiellini 6.5 - He really isn't playing like his usual powerful self. did not see much of him today, needed legro to save him a few times. and worst of all, THAT mistake

grygera 6.5 - As usual, good going forward. thats all good about him and he did not appear much when it comes to defending

Legro 7.5 - oh my god, he is really a late bloomer. used to be the "white Boumsong". he is now the "italian john terry"

De Ceglie 7.5 - really alot better than the legendary molinaro. he is great going forward, linking up with giovinco well too. And he is aggressive at defending too.

Giovinco 8.5 - would have given him a 9 if he scored. He started abit shaky in the first 5-10 mins, dribbling too much. but after awhile, he was a real monster man.. his moves, dribbles and touches and passes ripped apart the right side of catania's defence as easy as Tommy Lee's dick ripping apart Pam Anderson's pussy. We really have a great youngster in our team. nurture him well and we will have a Ronaldinho-Delpiero-totti-kaka-cristianoronaldo-nedved-camoranesi combo robot.

marchioni 6.0- pretty bad through the whole game and got subbed out. he only made a dangerous cross thats all. his decision making was poor, opt to dribbel than shoot at times.

Poulson 6.5 - won balls well, but did not do much in attack. at times, amauri and dpr had to take the ball from midfield and work it up to attack.

marchisio 7.0 - aggressive, but lose some balls too. but his dribbling is good, although it can be cut down abit. he give abit of dimension to our attack.

Del piero 7.5 - good dribbles and good passes from our goldenboy. BUT he missed some great chances and he wasted 4 freekicks i think. next time if del piero miss 3 freekicks, don't let him take the next one. statistic has shown that he does not score a freekick after 3 failed attempts.

Amauri 8.0 - A goal for him again. lets all pray that he is those type of player that works hard everyday and gets better and better, and not get arrogant or selfish. he really moves the ball well too.

subs:
tiago 6.5 - clean moves and passes

nedved 7.0 - had a shot not long after he entered. i think he makes a good sub because he has lots of energy in him when others are tired.

Sali 5.0 - nothing much from him, he is kind of a useless sub. marchioni was bad, sali is worst. bad move by ranieri

Ranieri 5.5 - really great that he played all 3 youngsters. but he should have scolded the players for putting the foot off. he isn't the type of coach that can affect players morally. i still think if we wanna b successful, we need a coach that is not only good at tactics, but good at motivating and pushing the players mentally.

Buy on AliExpress.com

tibike

Dec 11, 2007
pretty good effort for your first go mate! although i think poulsens rating was a bit too high, i would have said a 5.5 at best, and gio should only be an 8.5 if he scored a few!!
I really liked the way Poulsen covered the defense, apart from the goal, Catania didn't have a single chance, which is Poulsen's main job.
And Giovinco, well, that performance was only a goal short of perfect. Honestly, it's been a long time since I've seen someone single-handedly dominating like that.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Today is different from the previous matches, great performance bad result!

Just when I was about to appreciate Ranieri for the first eleven and the tactics, the way he introduced Giovinco, with marchisio and De Ceglie covering his back superbly, Ranieri ruined it at the end of the match, he took off the best player on the pitch, and put Brazzo and Tiago (two clowns) in, and the circus was back! Seriously if Marchionni is exhausted then I understand if he put Brazzo in, thou he could introduce Iaquinta instead on front. But why would he put Tiago on?? move Giovinco to center and let nedved come on the left for Marchisio. We were very close at scoring, he shouldn't have ruined that!

Manninger was very good, he did some tough saves the goal wasn't his fault at all, it was Chiellini. Chiellini had one single huge mistake, other than that he was solid like usual along with Legro. Grygera was on form, was doing good job with Marhionni, who had some good runs and good passes. De Ceglie along with Marchisio covered Giovinco's back superbly, De Ceglie is very good going forward, and also good defender, Marchisio wasted the ball a lot, but defensively he made very critical clean tackles. Poulsen was ok, he didn't give that passes he used to, he was invisible, but also covered the back sometimes. Giovinco played everywhere, defense, attack, left, center, everywhere! The kid was on fire, his passes as usual were very accurate, at the first half he played morely on the left (that's wasn't on the wings DOM :p), he gave the assist of the goal, when he was forward, with a beautiful cross. At the second half, he was more active and more effective, because he played more on the center, and De Ceglie was going more forward, these two understand perfectly, and specially with Amauri, Giovinco had lovely one-twos with Del piero and he was very close to score, that if Del Piero could act faster..

Amauri the beast was on great form again, I am starting to think that Amauri is the best player in the air on this planet. I love it how we played, no long balls, or no ridiculous attacks from the wings, with Molinaro.. Del Piero tried some, but wasted a lot, he was selfish sometimes and slow, couldn't match with Giovi's speed and quickness. I was going to give a big thumb up to Ranieri if he didn't make those ridiculous subs..

Very hard to pick man of the match, between Giovinco and Amauri.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Man, I remember first seeing Giovinco play at one of our last matches of the Serie B campaign when we had things locked up and all our Primavera squad practically took the pitch. I was like, "Who the f&^$ is this?!?" I still say that when he plays. :D.
You still call him cancer boy, too? :D

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
The worry is have we someone who will convert those chances:
I don't think we do.

I'd play Iq.
better get the cheque book out in january. I think given time though our forwards will start to put the ball in the back of the net, it is slightly worrying that in the last 6 games we have only scored 6 goals but hopefully that will come, if DP starts firing and iaquinta can get a few along with gio, neddy camo etc we should be ok

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
this is not a disaster, this is our first real muck up against lesser oposition, their keeper was playing as though his life depended on it, let's just not let this happen again

tpain

Apr 8, 2008
I really liked the way Poulsen covered the defense, apart from the goal, Catania didn't have a single chance, which is Poulsen's main job.
And Giovinco, well, that performance was only a goal short of perfect. Honestly, it's been a long time since I've seen someone single-handedly dominating like that.
yea i know dats a good effort thanks. Giovinco has every factor to make a great footballer if he work hard that is. he has the healthy look, not too pretty not too ugly. he has the skills and the bravery to make good passes and do the unexpected like taking on 2 defenders at one go. NOW THE MOST IMPORTANT THING is to make sure he is NURTURED WELL. don't give him a tall hat. make sure he still gets his head down and work his ass off in training everyday. make sure he never thinks that he is the best player.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Is it me or are our youngsters Giovinco,Marchisio&De Ceglie pretty fucking amazing?The only positives I saw tonight.
De Ceglie and Giovinco were fantastic. De Ceglie struggled at the start but then went on to play a flawless match afterwards. Marchisio was OK but not that impressive. I don't think he will be a starter that soon especially when Zanetti comes back.

Del Piero was annoying the hell out of me the first 60 minutes.
Del Piero had some nice moments but overall disappointed. He was rather selfish and too hesitant. I think Giovinco completely outshone him tonight.

imo poulsen really needs to work on his play, he should be dictating play more than he does.
Sissoko is much more dominating when on top form than Poulsen.

I hope the scum of the earth beat :inter: and we wipe the floor with Cassano's face this weekend.

We we're so unlucky today that even if the ref gave that CLEAR pk on Marchionni DP would have missed it.
Probably. Del Piero was not sharp with his FK's tonight from some promising positions. I hope Milan and Inter draw their match. :xfinger:

BTW... Lazio RAPED Fiorentina 3-0....! Back to glory days for Lazio?
Fiorentina and Roma are a joke so far. Is that how they're going to fight for Scudetto?

tpain

Apr 8, 2008
yea i know dats a good effort thanks. Giovinco has every factor to make a great footballer if he work hard that is. he has the healthy look, not too pretty not too ugly. he has the skills and the bravery to make good passes and do the unexpected like taking on 2 defenders at one go. NOW THE MOST IMPORTANT THING is to make sure he is NURTURED WELL. don't give him a tall hat. make sure he still gets his head down and work his ass off in training everyday. make sure he never thinks that he is the best player.

tpain

Apr 8, 2008
this bloody motherlover Catanias goalie! i would like to use a coin to skin him, and use my bare hands to re-assemble his bones until he mistake his hands for his feet and his feet for his ass.

Dukoski

Moggi's Admirer and Fan
May 1, 2006
we should have 4 wins, not 2 wins and 2 draws, we've lost 4 points by stop playing once we went ahead, we still haven't learned our lesson JUST SHIT
And thats only after few games.
We lost 2 points against Fiorentina in 89 minute,now we lost again 2 points because of Chiellinis awful miss.Thats a pure example how the scudetto can be lost.We will miss very much this wasting of points at the end of this season.
No, we did not played well.
The only player who was really,really great was Amauri.Others can learn from him what is professionalism and devotion.He was running all,all the match.Other than him Giovinco was pretty good,but not always.Others were just awful.The game was so,so boring.
I am mad to Ranieri.The guy is a lunatic.Why he did not immediatelly enter Iaquinta when we conceded goal.
Pure idiot.
It took a year and a half to understand that Molinaro is a idiot player.
Now it will took a year for him to understand that he must react when we must score a goal.Idiot,idiot.
With this kind of games we would be lucky if we are second at the end.
He and that fuckers Blanc and Secco can only dream that we will win scudetto with this kind of playing.
Not to mention that with this playing we would not pass our group in CL.And Blanc says that we can win the CL.With this playing if we pass te group at all,others will tore us apart.
The thing that pisses me off most is ,that ,is not that Inter is playing good ,but that we are playing like 60 year man.
Shit.
As I sayed times before ,Ranieri is no way manager for Juve ,nor Blanc and Secco.Mediocritets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)