[Serie A] Juventus - Ascoli (108 Viewers)

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
It was fair, i misjudged you a little, maybe you are not a biased Del Piero fan as some of your posts could be misiterpreted. Actually you could of used some Zlatan mistakes in this one too considering he had a poor game.

But i agree with your video, it was a poor game and our players made allot of easy mistakes.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Sep 15, 2005
++ [ originally posted by TonyMontana ] ++
It was fair, i misjudged you a little, maybe you are not a biased Del Piero fan as some of your posts could be misiterpreted. Actually you could of used some Zlatan mistakes in this one too considering he had a poor game.

But i agree with your video, it was a poor game and our players made allot of easy mistakes.
IMO there were a few players who were worse than usual (Zlatan, Camoranesi..), but what struck me the most was the poor team performance.

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Centrocampista ] ++

Dude, it's about team mistakes. And whether you like it or not, Del Piero scored twice yesterday.
I like it allot! If you go back and read some of my posts after the goals you would see that i like when Del Piero scores. I just dont like when people loose their head over it and start comparing Zlatan to Del Piero. Its only then i step in to give my opnions on things.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++

Good question. This is a sort of debate I've managed to skirt, because everyone else has done so well at beating it to death.

As for the trident, I think we seriously need some offensive threat when it comes to the two-game eliminations of the CL's later rounds. We should expect to be there, but we should expect to win. And while some teams can come at you with their gameplan telegraphed in advance and still beat you, a la Greece in Euro 2004, I think that's a terrible strategy fit for only those teams that have no other choice.

We should have more weapons at our disposal and learn how to use them. We should learn how to employ more than one gameplan -- to add an edge of uncertainty to whomever we play in big games, to account for injuries and the sagging form of individual players, etc.

Last season Capello got more out of the squad than I thought we were necessarily capable of with the squad we had and the competition we faced. Particularly in the Scudetto campaign. For that, I have to give him credit where Lippi was starting lag. But in the CL, our one trick pony act may have come just one erroneous offsides call on DP from putting us through to the quarterfinals, but we needed a far more varied game plan than the 1-0 victory.

Expectations are higher this season. Thus far, Capello seems to be doing what he knows, and we know, works in a long and steady Scudetto campaign. I cannot knock him there. But it's the big games, and particularly the elimination CL matches, that present the next real hurdle for our squad and for Capello's abilities as a manager. And from what I see now, it doesn't look like we're prepared to take the risks and learn from them to give us that extra edge in the CL.

And you can only win so many Scudettos without CL success for that to wear tiring and thin on many fans.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm recording Alana at the moment myself. :D
:thumb:

By the way, Was it just me or Alana was flirting with Cambiasso :fero:

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004

can you tell how many games like this we played last season??
I can tell you some examples:
juve-fiorentina
juve-Palermo
and many other games last season, the reason is that a team can not be on top every match. in games against teams like Ascoli we just have to win, it is not important how!! after a CL game it is allways difficult to play well.
The second reason is that we are not the best when we play at home if the teams are only defending. I did not see the game against Ascoli, so that I can not judge if they defended only but this is generally the case if smaller teams play in delle alpi.

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Maresca78 ] ++

juve-fiorentina
juve-Palermo
and many other games last season, the reason is that a team can not be on top every match. in games against teams like Ascoli we just have to win, it is not important how!! after a CL game it is allways difficult to play well.
The second reason is that we are not the best when we play at home if the teams are only defending. I did not see the game against Ascoli, so that I can not judge if they defended only but this is generally the case if smaller teams play in delle alpi.
True. But after seeing the beginning this season you could hope for more. Never the less a win, agreed.

But I saw the game and Ascoli did not just defend as you are used to se. Occationally yes. But overall (in the first half) they stod up quite well.

++ [ originally posted by Centrocampista ] ++
Juve-Ascoli Comp
I've made a compilation a la BBC, stating what I felt was wrong in this game. I didn't put everything in it, because it would take way too long, but you should be able to get an impression.

Look at it as an example.

http://s46.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=...O51VLPFI0XX7W69
Thanks. And I agree with erlier spekaer. You could have picked more moments were Zlatan sucked, so thanks for not...:)

Gr8 work thou.

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005

juve-fiorentina
juve-Palermo
Agree 100% What makes it even sweeter is that when we play poor we still win, when Milan play bad they LOOOOSE.:D

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004

Agree 100% What makes it even sweeter is that when we play poor we still win, when Milan play bad they LOOOOSE.:D
but we have to be carefull with Samp, I think they are really strong. And Andrea Gasbaroni is playing there. he scored a great goal in the second day of serie A. Im my Championship Manager 05 is Gasbaroni a world class player;)

Does juve still own him?

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005

but we have to be carefull with Samp, I think they are really strong. And Andrea Gasbaroni is playing there. he scored a great goal in the second day of serie A. Im my Championship Manager 05 is Gasbaroni a world class player;)

Does juve still own him?
Sampdoria played a great match, they deserved to win. We definitly have to look out for them.

Really, Gasbaroni? I havent seen to much of him so i cant comment but i can say that CM games have bullshit stats on players IMO. In the 2004 Ronaldinho had above avarege stats and when i downloaded the expansion 3 months later(when Ronaldinho was playing in Barca) suddenly his stats had skyrocketed.

According to CM5(demo Cersion) Gattuso is a better dribbler then Zlatan.:eek:

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by edpiero ] ++
You should get Footie Manager 2005 ;)
Cant wait for the new one..
footie manager 2005 ??

I don´t know anything about that. is this the real name?

In CM is juve the best in the world. in space of 8 years, I won 6 Leauge titels and 4 CL titels. in one season I won every titels (italian & european super cups, serie A, CL, coppa italia and world club cup in tokio)

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Hanaukyo ] ++

6 lol? Bullshit he had atleast 16.
Sorry.. but no he didnt...

The top assister of last season (tied kaka, cam and morfeo) had 12

Go have a look at opta (the only official stats.. the only stats accepted and used by every major footballing body including fifa and uefa)

Zlatan officially had 6 assists lasty season

Official serie A Assists For last season ::

Pos. Giocatore Squadra Assist

1 Kakà Milan 12

1 Morfeo Parma 12

1 Camoranesi Juventus 12

4 Totti Roma 10

4 Giacomazzi Lecce 10

4 Chiesa Siena 10

7 Cassano Roma 8

8 Shevchenko Milan 7

8 Pinardi Lecce 7

8 Cassetti Lecce 7

8 Zola Cagliari 7

8 Jankulovski Udinese 7

8 Corini Palermo 7

14 Pirlo Milan 6

14 Ledesma Lecce 6

14 Bresciano Parma 6

14 Langella Cagliari 6

14 Mihajlovic Internazionale 6

14 Stankovic Internazionale 6

14 Ibrahimovic Juventus 6

14 Di Natale Udinese 6

14 Iaquinta Udinese 6

14 Bazzani Lazio 6

14 Tonetto Sampdoria 6

14 Parisi Messina 6

26 Mancini Roma 5

26 Bellucci Bologna 5

26 Gobbi Cagliari 5

26 Nakamura Reggina 5

26 Recoba Internazionale 5

26 Martins Internazionale 5

26 Nedved Juventus 5

26 Zalayeta Juventus 5

26 Filippini Lazio 5

26 Liverani Lazio 5

26 Flachi Sampdoria 5

26 Toni Palermo 5

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
I'm sure these are old comments, but my first shot at posting

1. Team looked flat (even DP did, at the beginning)
2.Cam was particularly off (not a slam on him--even the greatest players have off days)
3. Iby was really flat--pressure of having DP start?
4. Del Piero showed why he is captain. 2 goals, and he fed a beauty that should have been a goal. I am so happy for him. :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 108)