[Serie A] Juventus - Ascoli (142 Viewers)

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
I watched the match delayed last night, and I was really impressed. Without two members of the Buffon - Cannavaro - Thuram trio (and Zebina) we produced a strong home victory against a surprisingly shining Ascoli team. Of course, not a surprise for Don Fabio who had antizipated this and warned our players in advance.

I found all aspects of our game to be sufficiently successful. However, the match also left room for improvement. Mainly we lacked a certain element of concentration in our game. For example we should have scored 2 more goals more from the myriad of chances we created.

Defencevely I was a little bit worried with Abbiati's performance, but Buffon will be back, strong as ever - ready to help complete this team.

Kovac did a great job replacing injured Thuram. A fantastic signing indeed. Blasi is from my viewpoint a better right back than midfielder. A genious move from Capello. When Thuram and Zebina returns we can expect an even stronger side.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Sep 15, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Alexander ] ++
I watched the match delayed last night, and I was really impressed. Without two members of the Buffon - Cannavaro - Thuram trio (and Zebina) we produced a strong home victory against a surprisingly shining Ascoli team. Of course, not a surprise for Don Fabio who had antizipated this and warned our players in advance.

I found all aspects of our game to be sufficiently successful. However, the match also left room for improvement. Mainly we lacked a certain element of concentration in our game. For example we should have scored 2 more goals more from the myriad of chances we created.

Defencevely I was a little bit worried with Abbiati's performance, but Buffon will be back, strong as ever - ready to help complete this team.

Kovac did a great job replacing injured Thuram. A fantastic signing indeed. Blasi is from my viewpoint a better right back than midfielder. A genious move from Capello. When Thuram and Zebina returns we can expect an even stronger side.
How on earth could you be impressed? We played great against Brugge, but the game against Ascoli was a very poor performance. The only clear cut chances we had in the first half were our goals. Which were dead ball situations btw. Not to mention that we got very lucky with the penalty.
I agree that we lacked concentration. The number of bad passes was insanely high.

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Centrocampista ] ++

How on earth could you be impressed? We played great against Brugge, but the game against Ascoli was a very poor performance. The only clear cut chances we had in the first half were our goals. Which were dead ball situations btw. Not to mention that we got very lucky with the penalty.
I agree that we lacked concentration. The number of bad passes was insanely high.
Agree 100%

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
Well, looking at the overall performance of our match against Ascoli you simply can't complain. The victory was never in any serious danger and when you evaluate our performance you need to take into account the fact that there was NO Buffon, Thuram or Zebina.

Like I said in my post there is room for improvement but this is only the beginning of the season. We'll improve a lot when we recover those three players mentioned above and integrate Vieira.

we sould be united and we sould be glad for the victory of our team.
Well said, Cronios. :thumb:

Yeah that's right I'm American, and the Americans on this board know far more about the sport than most, that's for sure.
No nationality is superior in football knowledge than others. Whether it's a guy in Greenland or a guy in Italy doesn't matter. So please stop this nonsense, guys. :D

Sep 15, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

:rofl:

Yeah that's right I'm American, and the Americans on this board know far more about the sport than most, that's for sure. Sergio, Vinman, Incuborossonero, myself...we know the sport like the back of our hands. And hey, we don't have to insult other nationalities to get our opinions across...
That's not very fair to say either. Who are you to determine who knows a lot about football and who doesn't? That's your opinion. For example I think that Del Piero (or even Mutu) should start next game alongside Trezeguet, but who am I to say that Capello doesn't know his stuff when he picks Zlatan?

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Centrocampista ] ++
Juve-Ascoli Comp
I've made a compilation a la BBC, stating what I felt was wrong in this game. I didn't put everything in it, because it would take way too long, but you should be able to get an impression.

Look at it as an example.

http://s46.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=...O51VLPFI0XX7W69
Hmm i wonder if you have a single Del Piero mistake in this one?

Lets find out 58% 64% 68%

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 142)