[Serie A] Juventus - Ascoli (128 Viewers)

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by king Ale ] ++
Ibra should score his first goal of the season as soon as possible.he seems too nervous.since he just wants to score this first goal,he wouldn't pass to others even if they were in a better position.
he is really talented.I'm sure he can do better and improve.
Yeah, I agree. This is what I posted before the hullabaloo started:

++ [ originally posted by Erkka ] ++

He didn't suck against Empoli or Brügge, but the point is that he can and he should do much better. Since he's got the all potential in the world, we can also expect more of him than, say, Zalayeta. He sucked today, and that's something that worries me. Like me and Fliakis and few others predicted, he's having difficult time right now. He seems to be more and more frustrated when time goes by. He should score already, if he doesn't do that soon, I'm certain that once again we'll be here to prove sophmore slump. :(

++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Seriously though, what has been said about Zlatan that has been so bad? All I have seen is people saying he was poor today and in other matches, which is reality I'm afraid. When Del Piero had horrible spells last year it was open season with the insults on our Captain, but now since Zlatan is in the same position we are not allowed to even say he played poorly? What a bunch of crap. Seriously, the double standards on this forum are quite sickening.
Couldn't agree more. I simply can't understand what's up with this. So far I haven't seen anything that bad wrote about Zlatan (well, at least if you compare it to the crap that Pinturicchio gets more or less frequently). I can't understand you people, why can't you just accept fair critisism on your favourite players, even do it yourselves sometimes? Well, since Zlatan won't be in Turin after 2008 I'm waiting most of those guys to get the fvck out of here in the same time.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Sonjia_DP ] ++
It sounds Juve played a horrible game yesterday.

Were they really that bad ? :confused:

Thanks for your analysis anyway.:cool:
Against Ascoli, we were that bad, and I think we performed badly due to complacency. We could have whipped that Ascoli up pretty easily, yet Ascoli has attacking chances. I know that we earned the 3 points, but we could have won with style.

galma

Aug 13, 2005
Holygr4le you wrote a bunch of shit :pit's not only ascoli,they are a good team and I just remembered the 1 1 with milan in first match of the season,
keep that sh|t to yourself :p even if you were right with defence and midfield :pin attack dp play the better then trez and ibra,maybe these 2 guys were tired,the 0 connection that you gave to DP - ibra is becouse ibra did'nt score when dp left him alone with the gk,becose ibra is a looser he misses anything anytime and score onlu from impossible angles ,like the goal against hungary ....he's unbeliveble and wenesday he will be sub again,I bet

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
++ [ originally posted by galma ] ++
Holygr4le you wrote a bunch of shit :pit's not only ascoli,they are a good team and I just remembered the 1 1 with milan in first match of the season,
keep that sh|t to yourself :p even if you were right with defence and midfield :pin attack dp play the better then trez and ibra,maybe these 2 guys were tired,the 0 connection that you gave to DP - ibra is becouse ibra did'nt score when dp left him alone with the gk,becose ibra is a looser he misses anything anytime and score onlu from impossible angles ,like the goal against hungary ....he's unbeliveble and wenesday he will be sub again,I bet
Christ…

I shouldn’t have posted any criticism to DP… You simply cant do that in this forum.
I also criticized Trez, Zlatan, Emerson and so on…

Anyone watching last game (did you?) could see for sure that It was our poorest performance so far this season.
This occurred for a lot of reasons. Understatement, fatigue or just plain boredom…

Ascolis 1-1 against Milan were not supposed to have been played cause the weather. But maybe you did not se that either? Buy the way Milans form is poor...

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Holygr4le ] ++

Christ…

I shouldn’t have posted any criticism to DP… You simply cant do that in this forum.
I also criticized Trez, Zlatan, Emerson and so on…

Anyone watching last game (did you?) could see for sure that It was our poorest performance so far this season.
This occurred for a lot of reasons. Understatement, fatigue or just plain boredom…

Ascolis 1-1 against Milan were not supposed to have been played cause the weather. But maybe you did not se that either? Buy the way Milans form is poor...
Becos of this I don't feel like posting anymore, I only take it to the Pms and that's that.

Sep 15, 2005
I'm watching the game right now and what bothers me most is our lacklustre style of play. Vieira had several horrible passes. Camoranesi really sucked in the first half as well. Nedved runs a lot, works a lot, but he's not that creative anymore.

Oh and Blasi was getting raped a couple of times. He played a great game against Brugge, but I don't think he's our right back.

I was a bit disappointed with Del Piero's display as well. I knew he had scored twice so I was expecting a great match from him. TBH I felt that he wasn't enough involved in the game. I'd still start him ahead of Zlatan though for the mere fact that Del Piero does score.

OP
djleli

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,331
    why all the pessimis in the forum and the debate of del piero vs ibrahimovic ? i think we played a fairly good match and i think del piero deserved a spot in the first team but he will be back on bench for next wednesday thats how its is from now on

Len

Feb 13, 2004
    Forza Alex...

Glad he scored and did well..... onto 172 goals now, hope he can get to 180...;) (Juve's all time top scorer)

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    Juventus 2 - 1 Ascoli
    Del Piero pen 13, 39 (J), Cariello 32 (A)
    Stadio Delle Alpi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alessandro Del Piero proved he's back with a brace, but Ascoli gave Juventus a battle in Turin.

The Bianconeri were looking to maintain their 100 per cent record, but newly promoted Ascoli were still unbeaten after facing Milan and Lecce. Fabio Capello had to reshuffle his defence with Lilian Thuram, Alessandro Birindelli and Gianluca Pessotto injured, while the visitors had to replace the suspended Vittorio Tosto. Alessandro Del Piero returned to the starting eleven, giving Zlatan Ibrahimovic a rest.

There was more bad news for Juve, as after less than two minutes Jonathan Zebina, who was making his comeback from injury, pulled up clutching the back of his knee. The unlucky Frenchman limped off and Manuele Blasi took on the right-back role, just as he had done in the Champions League midweek.

Surprisingly, the first real scoring opportunity fell to Ascoli after six minutes, as two players left a Cariello cross and Sasa Bjelanovic blazed over from seven yards with only Christian Abbiati to beat.

Although Juve dominated possession, Ascoli were creating the best chances, as Emerson needed a late challenge to block Fini and Abbiati was called into a save on ex-Torino man Quagliarella's counter-attack.

However, the referee pointed to the spot when Pavel Nedved's cross struck Cristiano's arm just inside the area. Del Piero stepped up and rolled home a weak but effective penalty to give Juventus the lead with their first real shot on goal.

Ascoli have made a name for themselves as giant-killers and proved it again when they scored the first goal that Juventus have conceded in Serie A this season. Cariello shrugged off Patrick Vieira's challenge and saw his angled drive from the edge of the box deflected off Fabio Cannavaro to draw the visitors level.

This shook Juve out of their stasis and Cudini required a goalline clearance on Mauro German Camoranesi's looping header.

It lasted just seven minutes, as Del Piero proved he is definitely back by curling in a magnificent free kick that rose and dipped past the outstretched hand of Coppola.

Del Piero's delightful first touch on Nedved's cross set up Camoranesi, only for the Argentine to balloon over the bar from a promising position.

Ibrahimovic replaced David Trezeguet at half-time, but Del Piero continued to dominate with a header that glanced wide. Ascoli weren't about to let go and Abbiati flew to block Foggia's cross-shot, while ex-Torino hero Marco Ferrante stepped back into the Stadio Delle Alpi.

Coppola did well to punch out Nedved's strike and fingertip an Ibrahimovic free kick round the post. The Czech midfielder shook the side-netting from a promising position and Ibrahimovic somehow managed to nod wide of an open goal following Coppola's error.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus: Abbiati; Zebina (Blasi 3), Kovac, Cannavaro, Zambrotta; Camoranesi, Emerson, Vieira, Nedved; Del Piero, Trezeguet (Ibrahimovic 46)

Ascoli: Coppola; Comotto, Cudini, Domizzi, Del Grosso; Carriello (Foggia 52), Cristiano, Parola, Fini; Bjelanovic (Colombo 80), Quagliarella (Ferrante 52)

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    although we won , it was a poor performance by juve , to play like this against ascoli in turin and to be under pressure, unless capello is giving orders to play and win with least effort to be ready for udinese game on wednesday.

I hope zebina stay injured for ever , blasi can take his place.
    we could not score from open play against ascoli ?
    zlatan was in bad form , maybe he was tired.
    dp scored from a free kick , when was the last time he score from a FK?
    we got the 3 points but i was on the edge of my nerves till the end , this is not good.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
    Juventus-Ascoli: le pagelle

GAZZETTA DELLO SPORT

Abbiati 5.5; Zebina sv (Blasi 6), Kovac 6.5, Cannavaro 6, Zambrotta 5.5; Camoranesi 6.5, Emerson 6, Vieira 6, Nedved 6; Del Piero 7.5,Trezeguet 5 (Ibrahimovic 5.5).

TUTTOSPORT

Abbiati 6; Zebina sv (Blasi 6), Kovac 6.5, Cannavaro 6.5, Zambrotta 5.5; Camoranesi 5.5, Emerson 6.5, Vieira 6, Nedved 6; Del Piero 7.5,Trezeguet 5 (Ibrahimovic 5.5)

CORRIERE DELLO SPORT

Abbiati 6; Zebina sv (Blasi 6), Kovac 6, Cannavaro 6, Zambrotta 5; Camoranesi 6, Emerson 7, Vieira 5.5, Nedved 6.5; Del Piero 7.5,Trezeguet 5 (Ibrahimovic 5.5)

LA STAMPA

Abbiati 6; Zebina sv (Blasi 6), Kovac 5.5, Cannavaro 6.5 Zambrotta 5.5; Camoranesi 5.5, Emerson 6.5, Vieira 5.5, Nedved 65; Del Piero 7,Trezeguet 5 (Ibrahimovic 5.5)

CORRIERE DELLA SERA

Abbiati 6.5; Zebina sv (Blasi 7), Kovac 5.5, Cannavaro 6 Zambrotta 6; Camoranesi 6, Emerson 6.5, Vieira 5, Nedved 6; Del Piero 7,Trezeguet 5 (Ibrahimovic 6)

LA REPUBBLICA

Abbiati 6; Zebina sv (Blasi 6), Kovac 6, Cannavaro 6.5 Zambrotta 5.5; Camoranesi 5.5, Emerson 6.5, Vieira 5.5, Nedved 6; Del Piero 7.5,Trezeguet 5.5 (Ibrahimovic 5.5)

Eddy

The Maestro
    Aug 20, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by Hanaukyo ] ++
    well nobody here cares about the ratings anyway. Zlatan got the highest rating after the brugge match but everyone complained anyway.
    Did he ?
    Nice...
    Capello shouldnt have put him on .. we need him for Wednesday's match

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Really poor game but then again like we shouldn't be too triumphant about a 4-0 win over Empoli we shouldn't be discouraged by a slim winl it's still a win at the end of the day.

About the game, DP was the man of the match (not just for the goals) and Emerson was second best. Abbiati, Blasi, Trezeguet and Zlatan were below average and the others were all average. I blame this match performance on complacency.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 128)