[Serie A] Juventus - Ascoli (31 Viewers)

Jocke27

Sep 12, 2005
I didn't even read the last page in the thread.
Come on now, you guys are just pathetic.
In alot of forums, the number of posts a person has made, gives you an idea how interested and how knowledgeable he/she is.
That obviously doesn't apply here.
This is a football-forum, isn't it? A forum where passionate football-fans share their opinions and discuss football. Ofcourse there will be alot of different opinions and maybe people will get a little hostile to defend thier own team but...
No wait, this is a Juventus-forum. Everybody supports the same team.
Can't believe what I'm reading sometimes.
Juve has won every game this season, not a single player has let down the fans in any major extent.
We have a well-oiled machine that probably :) will win either Lo Scudetto or the CL, and hopefully both.
Just stop insulting each other, come up with constructive posts and maybe this place can go from a kindergarden to a serious forum!!!

Jocke27

Sep 12, 2005
Azzurri7: I wrote that Zlatan should thank Capello for the great confidence he got last year even though he played poorly in alot of games during the winter/spring.

Hanaukyo

Sep 2, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Jocke27 ] ++

Hanaukyo, come on. Why don't you stop posting plain ignorance and stop defending Zlatan like a maniac and realize that he hasn't been playing perfectly.
Zlatan has been playing well even though he hasn't scored. Our attack has been good with zlatan in it. The goals will come as long as the attack create chances. And we have won those game zlatan been in.

Sorry about the remark with americans and soccer andy. My apologies, but americans usually dont care about soccer. It was not really meant as an insult.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Jocke27 ] ++
Azzurri7: I wrote that Zlatan should thank Capello for the great confidence he got last year even though he played poorly in alot of games during the winter/spring.
my bad then, I thought you said Dp instead of Zlatan.

Hanaukyo

Sep 2, 2004
well whatever I am not sinking as low as the zlatan bashers.

I primary like ibra because he is entertaining with the ball. I am wondering why he should change his playing style? There is no reasont oo.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Hanaukyo ] ++
well whatever I am not sinking as low as the zlatan bashers.

I primary like ibra because he is entertaining with the ball. I am wondering why he should change his playing style? There is no reasont oo.
hmmm, maybe because he should know when to give passes and when NOT to dribble 5 or 6 players when Nedved or any other Player is Free..etc...

Hanaukyo

Sep 2, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Azzurri7 ] ++

hmmm, maybe because he should know when to give passes and when NOT to dribble 5 or 6 players when Nedved or any other Player is Free..etc...
Zlatan dont pass the ball any less than Trezeguet. Do you really think so?

People here want Zlatan to score anyway, so I dont know why you want him to pass all the time.

Jocke27

Sep 12, 2005
That is an interesting question which surely will split the fans in half, as usual when it comes to Zlatan.
He should get more effective.

Shoot when he has the opportunity, pass when someone has a better position, not try to dribble if there is three defenders in front of him and two more behind them.
But at the same time, that's Zlatan.

I've followed him since he was 17 and when he played in the swedish league at age 19, he didn't know the term pass.
He would just keep on dribbling until he lost the ball or scored :).

What he has developed so greatly the two past seasons is to find the balance between the easy effective play and the sometimes extraordinary effective play when he gets rid of two defenders in one magic move.
But he still has alot to learn. He still needs to pick his moment more carefully.

I think that Zlatan has the second best technic skills in the world after Ronaldinho (sure, there are alot of others but approximately).
He could play much easier, just release the ball early, get in the box and fight for the goal.

But he's so much more. There hasn't been any player in the history of football that is 1.91, weights 87 kg muscles and has that fantastic technic.
I'm sure alot of Juve-fans think he should lower his difficulty level but he has clearly stated that he will always play "Zlatan-style".

And to be honest, I think a clear majority of the Juve-fans think it's great to have an attacker who always give the crowd a little extra to remember.
If everything goes as me and all Juve-fans hope, he will be a perfect mix between Adriano, Ronaldinho and Shevchenko in 1-2 years time.
This was supposed to come out as a bit critizising post but it didn't... :dazed: Sorry... :cheesy:

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
This is soooooooo depresing,It has been 4 games this season, and after the game is over EVERYTIME , the game thread ends in replys like "you Zlatan fans are..." or "You DP lovers are..." after all games... ALL of them!! A

So, I had a crazy idea... why don't we insted of been divided in Zlatan fans and DP fans dont become "Juventus fans" :eek: I know is a scary tougth isn't? ...

Anyway, I guess its hoping to much :down:

All Im gonna say about this absurd "war" is that, its making this forum less atractive to be in... I know that all of us have a favorite player and that we will defend this player with all of our hart, but, like I have been saying all this time, Zlatan and Del Piero are JUVENTUS PLAYERS and we all should be happy becouse of that.

About the game (foar a change)... Im happy for the win, and very happy for Del Piero, like Don Bes said, he has an amazing hability to show up and raise up against adversity :cool:... very dissapointing to not see Mutu, he should be giving a chance and if next game he isn't takeing in consideration, I think that Capello has a perosnal thing against him.

I been saying that Capello is a great coach, but I still believe that his desitions as a Juventus coach are very dissapointing... any teams (expect maybe Milan) would wish to have 5 world class fordwards, we have them and we don't use them... and I know some of you could say... its only 4 matches... well you maybe rigth, but I honestly believe that Capello will not give Mutu a chance and he will ramain using Zlatan - Trez partnership , and THATS a veeeeeery stupid call, considering that we are playing in 3 competitions, so if you want to succed in all of them, or at least the most important, we need to use our bench and give some rest to the players...

like I said, I expect to see Mutu in the next game.

Like someone alredy said (Andy I think) another thing that gets me mad, ist Capello not trying another system, I mean, we could be winning 10-0 in the fiest half and still be using a 4-4-2 system for the hole match :rolleyes: ...

I mean, look at our team, we have all the rigth players to use a 4-3-3 formation... its so crazy to just give it a try to the 4-3-3 system??? I mean, its not like today we were playing great with the 4-4-2, why dont give it a try???

why don't try it in the Empoli game, I mean, its not like we were in any danger of losing the game FFS!!

Anyway, thank god we win, and thank god that Milan lost.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Espectro ] ++
This is soooooooo depresing,It has been 4 games this season, and after the game is over EVERYTIME , the game thread ends in replys like "you Zlatan fans are..." or "You DP lovers are..." after all games... ALL of them!! A

So, I had a crazy idea... why don't we insted of been divided in Zlatan fans and DP fans dont become "Juventus fans" :eek: I know is a scary tougth isn't? ...

Anyway, I guess its hoping to much :down:

All Im gonna say about this absurd "war" is that, its making this forum less atractive to be in... I know that all of us have a favorite player and that we will defend this player with all of our hart, but, like I have been saying all this time, Zlatan and Del Piero are JUVENTUS PLAYERS and we all should be happy becouse of that.
Bravo, Espectro! Great post.

Borrowing Lou's hands for a moment:

About the game (foar a change)... Im happy for the win, and very happy for Del Piero, like Don Bes said, he has an amazing hability to show up and raise up against adversity :cool:... very dissapointing to not see Mutu, he should be giving a chance and if next game he isn't takeing in consideration, I think that Capello has a perosnal thing against him.
I would think so too if not for the fact that he was, to a significant degree, in the group behind his acquisition. (Unlike Mourinho at Chelsea.)

I been saying that Capello is a great coach, but I still believe that his desitions as a Juventus coach are very dissapointing... any teams (expect maybe Milan) would wish to have 5 world class fordwards, we have them and we don't use them... and I know some of you could say... its only 4 matches... well you maybe rigth, but I honestly believe that Capello will not give Mutu a chance and he will ramain using Zlatan - Trez partnership , and THATS a veeeeeery stupid call, considering that we are playing in 3 competitions, so if you want to succed in all of them, or at least the most important, we need to use our bench and give some rest to the players...

like I said, I expect to see Mutu in the next game.

Like someone alredy said (Andy I think) another thing that gets me mad, ist Capello not trying another system, I mean, we could be winning 10-0 in the fiest half and still be using a 4-4-2 system for the hole match :rolleyes: ...

I mean, look at our team, we have all the rigth players to use a 4-3-3 formation... its so crazy to just give it a try to the 4-3-3 system??? I mean, its not like today we were playing great with the 4-4-2, why dont give it a try???

why don't try it in the Empoli game, I mean, its not like we were in any danger of losing the game FFS!!

Anyway, thank god we win, and thank god that Milan lost.
For all we can criticise Capello for, we cannot yet ignore the fact that he has the team winning everything thus far. More than I can say for Ancelotti, Mancini, etc. Udinese will be a good chance to lay on the criticism thicker should things go wrong.

I'm not sure about his 4-3-3 aversion either, particularly given his success at Roma with it, though.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++

Bravo, Espectro! Great post.

Borrowing Lou's hands for a moment:

For all we can criticise Capello for, we cannot yet ignore the fact that he has the team winning everything thus far. More than I can say for Ancelotti, Mancini, etc.
Yeah, I know, and thats why Im still not screaming for his head :D

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

Yeah, I know, and thats why Im still not screaming for his head :D
Yeah, but there are a lot of juventini with their hands on the guillotine rope with Capello's head in the stocks on the chopping block, just waiting for that moment. ;)

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002

Yeah, but there are a lot of juventini with their hands on the guillotine rope with Capello's head in the stocks on the chopping block, just waiting for that moment. ;)
In this matter, I would like to see your opinion swag... I mean, whats your tougths about Capello at the moment?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

In this matter, I would like to see your opinion swag... I mean, whats your tougths about Capello at the moment?
Good question. This is a sort of debate I've managed to skirt, because everyone else has done so well at beating it to death.

As for the trident, I think we seriously need some offensive threat when it comes to the two-game eliminations of the CL's later rounds. We should expect to be there, but we should expect to win. And while some teams can come at you with their gameplan telegraphed in advance and still beat you, a la Greece in Euro 2004, I think that's a terrible strategy fit for only those teams that have no other choice.

We should have more weapons at our disposal and learn how to use them. We should learn how to employ more than one gameplan -- to add an edge of uncertainty to whomever we play in big games, to account for injuries and the sagging form of individual players, etc.

Last season Capello got more out of the squad than I thought we were necessarily capable of with the squad we had and the competition we faced. Particularly in the Scudetto campaign. For that, I have to give him credit where Lippi was starting lag. But in the CL, our one trick pony act may have come just one erroneous offsides call on DP from putting us through to the quarterfinals, but we needed a far more varied game plan than the 1-0 victory.

Expectations are higher this season. Thus far, Capello seems to be doing what he knows, and we know, works in a long and steady Scudetto campaign. I cannot knock him there. But it's the big games, and particularly the elimination CL matches, that present the next real hurdle for our squad and for Capello's abilities as a manager. And from what I see now, it doesn't look like we're prepared to take the risks and learn from them to give us that extra edge in the CL.

And you can only win so many Scudettos without CL success for that to wear tiring and thin on many fans.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm recording Alana at the moment myself. :D

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
EDIT: Oh, and I'm recording Alana at the moment myself. :D
So I turn on my recording of 91° Minuto, which apparently aired late because of the Miss Italia contest still going on. And who is making a front-row appearance, looking pensively over the contestants with his finger to his lips? Noneother than our own Gigi Buffon. He's already shopping for Alana's successor!

We gotta get that guy healthy soon before he injures himself again with all these women! ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)