[Serie A] Juventus - Ascoli (15 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by TonyMontana ] ++

And most of your points are often very insightful. But when someone has a different opinion which they present in a respectful and argumentative manner i think its wrong to use phrases like "Oh please" and sarcasm. Its differnt if someone says for example that Del Piero is the worst player that has ever played in Juventus. These type of post i could undurstand and me myself often make fun of these people on account of their..well dumb opinions.
When I said "oh please" I was responding to a post in which the guy was making assumptions about what Trezeguet thinks of Del Piero and how the latter was not a sufficient partner for David in the past. Obviously statements like that make no sense at all.

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

When I said "oh please" I was responding to a post in which the guy was making assumptions about what Trezeguet thinks of Del Piero and how the latter was not a sufficient partner for David in the past. Obviously statements like that make no sense at all.
Agree, assuming what a player feels or thinks about another player doesnt make sense.

But if you take a look at our previous discussion(in which i also lost my temper) you will find some "Oh pleases" there too.

But forget that now, i keep it civil from now on and i hope you will do the same.

Jan 7, 2004
after only watching the goals of the game, you got to admire del peiro's strength to rise above all the controvercy and put his head in the game (i only saw the goals though)

how long had it been since he scored a free kick

Sep 15, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Can you judge effectiveness in terms of how well Zlatan created space for others and how his dribbling and overall skill created several of our goals? I think not, whoever you are. You just cant live on statistics all the time.

Whether you like it or not, Zlatan was the best forward at Juventus last season.
I didn't say he wasn't.

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
after only watching the goals of the game, you got to admire del peiro's strength to rise above all the controvercy and put his head in the game (i only saw the goals though)

Agree, certain players fold under pressure other feed off of it.

Nice message to that L.. guy.

Sep 15, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

It wasn't that well taken though. It was a good free kick, but IMO the goalie had a chance.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Cronios ] ++
Andy, Adam is right on ur tendicy to look down on people,
thats a fact noticed by many
I only look down on people who post complete rubbish and don't look at things objectively. That's a fact.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Centrocampista ] ++

It wasn't that well taken though. It was a good free kick, but IMO the goalie had a chance.

Agree here,he had a change,it wasnt one of the famous executions he used to have,but many excellent performed executions dont find the net,
but i would be more than pleased if we had someone to make similar executions from that distance in our first eleven

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Waking up later than the rest of the world east of me, I was hoping to check into this thread to get the specifics of how well we did ... since I wasn't able to catch the game.

And instead I find this. :yuck:

Anyone can give me a link to the page in this thread with the last productive conversation about the team (and not each other)? :confused:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Centrocampista ] ++

Even last season Del Piero was a lot more effective, like Martin said. Overall Zlatan was more important, but that was mostly due the fact that Capello wanted him to be more important. If you look at the facts, they were about equal with a slight advantage to Del Piero.
Well DP know how to finish better and his passing are more accurate than Zlatan so I guess that DP is more effective but about the important part Zlatan is way more important since he builds our game play lots of balls come to him so he could dribble past players or giving a brilliant pass by creating a situation where he could give those passes a thing that DP did very well in the past but can't do anymore therefore Zlatan is way better for Juve than DP
But I'm still waiting for Zlatan to finish his moves it seems so simple for him to get pass players and creating a great scoring chance for himself if he could just take advantage of what he does instead of shooting them wide
Theoreticly if he could do it he might have been the best player in the world since no one seems that he could mark him

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
OK, for anyone else, it looks like page 58 is when things turned south in this thread.

In short, it sounds like my worries that we'd have difficulty putting together an effective offensive attack against Ascoli were somewhat confirmed. Two free kicks, really. And fortuanely we got them, because giving up that goal to Ascoli -- even if it was deflected -- looked like another example of Abbiati being somewhat out of the correct position.

I'll take the three points, though, and hope for better against Udinese Wednesday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)