[Serie A] Juventus - Ascoli (104 Viewers)

Philipp00

Jan 31, 2004
Why didn`t Capello bring Mutu instead of Ibrahimovic for Trezeguet? He would deserve a chance.
I think Capello just does not like changes. He is not a coach who tries out a lot of new things.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++

forgot that one...should have been Mutu's chance to shine...:down:
Are you crazy? Two short forwards with Capello in charge? Do you want him to have a heart attack?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Really a poor performance today and I can't believe Ascoli gave us such a difficult time. We really had trouble creating chances for ourselves and in the first half we only had two clear-cut chances and thankfully Capello gave Del Piero the start because he finished the chances off. Apart from those chances we did not trouble Ascoli's keeper Coppola at all in the first half and our forwards and wing midfielders really did not do much offensively tonight.

This would have been the perfect match to give the trident a run about but again Capello just used the same formation and players once again. The trident would have given us more options up top and with more movement in attack we would have caused the stubborn Ascoli defense more problems. We really did not attack with pace and with a player like Mutu who makes incisive runs around the box we could have created more space and opportunities in attack, but no we can't do that because we like "bigger" players...riiight.

Second half was not much of a change and Ascoli actually troubled us a few times and I said earlier I wouldn't have been surprised if they levelled against us. We were still poor going forward however we created some opportunities only to give the ball away or shoot over the bar. Our defense looked somewhat shakey today for some reason and I don't know why Capello had to start Zebina...it was just another dumb decision to rush him back to action when he was still recovering from injury.

And it's pretty clear Capello has no intentions of even experimenting with the trident and Mutu will probably continue to waste away on the bench. Mutu is a fantastic player and it's a shame after being fvcked by Mourinho he is now seemingly being fvcked by Capello at Juventus. I dont know what it takes to see the guy obviously has talent and he would add something this team desperately needs...a player who has pace and can make great runs in attack and through midfield. Perhaps Capello is still holding out for Cassano...either way not giving him a chance is complete bullshit. I mean Jesus we should give clubs like Ascoli a beating at home FFS.

Capello also seems intent on using the same players day in and day out, same midfield and same attackers every match. Once winter comes around and we have Champions League and Serie A matches every week this insistence on playing the same players will catch up to us, just like last year. The players will become tired and fatigue will set in, and another bad spell will just be waiting to afflict us and it might cost us our season. But I guess Capello wants to take that chance huh.

Abbiati looked far from confident again and still looks awkward trying to take crosses.

Blasi made some mistakes defensively and was not able to attack as much as he did Wednesday...verdict still out on this player at RB.

Kovac was decent however made a couple mistakes in the first half.

Cannavaro same as Kovac.

Zambrotta was average and still did not get up the flank much again today. I can't help but feel Nedved is just obstructing his runs and we will not benefit from Zambro's great crosses and runs with him staying back on defense.

Camoranesi was quite poor today and gave the ball away a lot in the first half. Really did not seem with it out there.

Emerson was solid breaking down the Ascoli attacks however did not do much going forward.

Vieira was also solid and active in midfield and looked very good with the ball at his feet.

Nedved, well I wouldn't say was poor today however he still do not make those great runs or crosses we used to see from him. Again, Mutu should be given his chance because Nedved has been average.

Trezeguet really did not recieve the ball much today and he was not as active as he was against Brugge.

Del Piero scored both our goals and his freekick was very good however apart from that he really did not do much. He became more involved in the second half however things were still not clicking in attack.

Ibrahimovic was poor once again today, giving the ball away more than doing something useful with it. Right now he doesn't even warrant a place in front of Mutu as far as I'm concerned...very disapointing.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Interesting observation here....Zlatan had a terrible match and has been very disapointing thus far but you don't see too many people blasting him for it. If Del Piero was playing like this all hell would break loose and people would be asking for his head.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Interesting observation here....Zlatan had a terrible match and has been very disapointing thus far but you don't see too many people blasting him for it. If Del Piero was playing like this all hell would break loose and people would be asking for his head.
Thank you very much Andrew For saying this.......W.O.R.D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 104)