[Serie A] Juventus - Ascoli (27 Viewers)

Dec 26, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Tifoso ] ++
Capello revives Alex hopes Saturday 17 September, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabio Capello has hinted at a starting spot for Alessandro Del Piero against Ascoli tomorrow afternoon in a new trident attack with Adrian Mutu.

“Juventus are in good condition,” assured the Coach after three consecutive wins between Serie A and the Champions League. “Psychologically we are also doing well and want to continue along the path we have set out on this season. It’s a wonderful journey, but a difficult one, and the efforts of everyone in training have been impressive.”

Much has been said on the future of Del Piero, although patron Lapo Elkann later insisted he had not called the captain, “an expensive luxury we can no longer afford.” With reports of a move to Japan, the Premiership or even their rivals Milan, it might be time for Capello to give him another chance.

“Del Piero is in great form during training and very relaxed. I can assure you that controversy only fires him up to do better.”

During the summer the Bianconeri tested out a trident attack and could employ that system against newly promoted Ascoli, who are still unbeaten in Serie A despite facing Milan and Lecce.

David Trezeguet and Zlatan Ibrahimovic may be rested in favour of Del Piero, Mutu and Marcelo Zalayeta, although the Frenchman could stay on considering his good form of late.

Some of the top stars are set to be rested, as Juventus face a difficult test on Wednesday against joint Serie A leaders Udinese.

Capello must also make another difficult decision, as Gianluca Pessotto is still injured, so he can choose between Jonathan Zebina and Manuele Blasi for the right-back role. Midfielder Blasi took that position with some success in the 2-1 Champions League win over Club Brugge midweek.

this just shows that capello really has nothing personal against Del Piero.. every one will get a chance
We all know that he deserve a chance to show his worth, hope he can use it well and overtake the pressure cuz he will get a harsh attack this time if he didn't impress...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
This would be my starting lineup:

Abbiati
Balzaretti - Kovac - Cannavaro - Zambrotta
Camoranesi - Emerson - Giannichedda
Del Piero - Mutu
Trezeguet

Chiellini, Blasi and Zalayeta would be in line for second half appearances allowing Zambrotta, Emerson and Trezeguet to get some rest.

Oct 29, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
This would be my starting lineup:

Abbiati
Balzaretti - Kovac - Cannavaro - Zambrotta
Camoranesi - Emerson - Giannichedda
Del Piero - Mutu
Trezeguet

Chiellini, Blasi and Zalayeta would be in line for second half appearances allowing Zambrotta, Emerson and Trezeguet to get some rest.
yeh nice lineup but i wud actually go with zebina i mean he playd well last season and doesnt really warrant being dropped, if hes not fit id play blasi.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Tifoso ] ++
Capello revives Alex hopes Saturday 17 September, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabio Capello has hinted at a starting spot for Alessandro Del Piero against Ascoli tomorrow afternoon in a new trident attack with Adrian Mutu.

“Juventus are in good condition,” assured the Coach after three consecutive wins between Serie A and the Champions League. “Psychologically we are also doing well and want to continue along the path we have set out on this season. It’s a wonderful journey, but a difficult one, and the efforts of everyone in training have been impressive.”

Much has been said on the future of Del Piero, although patron Lapo Elkann later insisted he had not called the captain, “an expensive luxury we can no longer afford.” With reports of a move to Japan, the Premiership or even their rivals Milan, it might be time for Capello to give him another chance.

“Del Piero is in great form during training and very relaxed. I can assure you that controversy only fires him up to do better.”

During the summer the Bianconeri tested out a trident attack and could employ that system against newly promoted Ascoli, who are still unbeaten in Serie A despite facing Milan and Lecce.

David Trezeguet and Zlatan Ibrahimovic may be rested in favour of Del Piero, Mutu and Marcelo Zalayeta, although the Frenchman could stay on considering his good form of late.

Some of the top stars are set to be rested, as Juventus face a difficult test on Wednesday against joint Serie A leaders Udinese.

Capello must also make another difficult decision, as Gianluca Pessotto is still injured, so he can choose between Jonathan Zebina and Manuele Blasi for the right-back role. Midfielder Blasi took that position with some success in the 2-1 Champions League win over Club Brugge midweek.

this just shows that capello really has nothing personal against Del Piero.. every one will get a chance
Personally, I don't think that there are problems between Capello and Del Piero for one reason, I don't think that Del Piero is that type of player that causes problems with coaches. All the qoutes in the newspapers and media last year that Alex said anything about capello were rubish. They were either invented or miss transulated from italian (puposely or none purposely).
IMHO the reason Capello is choosing the Zlatan in front of Del Piero is for personal prefrences.. The media is trying to make a Cassano out of Del Piero.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
If I was Capello I would field something like this:

Abbiati

Balzaretti - Kovac - Cannavaro - Chiellini

Camoranesi - Vieira - Emerson

Del Piero - Trezeguet - Mutu

In the second half I would bring on Gladstone for somebody to give him the debut and Giannichedda on for one of Camoranesi, Emerson, or Vieira. Zalayeta would also come on for Trezeguet, so that would sufficient.

However, we have read stories like this before from Channel 4 in which they say Capello will use the trident and rest Zlatan only to see Capello use the straight 4-4-2, play Zlatan and use the same players as the previous match. As I stated before, I will believe it when I see at and Capello better use the trident and Mutu tomorrow. Just try it out FFS.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
it doesn't matter who's playing.

i only want those 3 pnts and clean sheet.

it will be embarassing to draw to ascoli or even let them score....

we're not milan,we'll beet them.

FORZA JUVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)